What´s the meaning of the Blues?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Feb 2008, 17:15

What´s the meaning of the Blues?

You all know the "Blues" (it makes sad or happy),is it only music or is it something else? How can it be, that our soul is influenced by music? What´s about people who are not interrested in music, do they feel the same? Do you believe in the unite of Body and Soul? Do you first have to love music, to feel it deep in your soul. Is the feeling of the blues like the feeling of jazz? What is jazz? Try to write me something!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Feb 2008, 08:47

Blues And Jazz

Well, blues is the father of jazz. I like listening to old acoustic blues music, but the blues of today is electric and very often it's mixed with rock - I don't like it, because it sounds like deprived of emotions. But I love blues played by jazz musicians, rather acoustic than electric, with a lot of passion and emotions. I have one example - "Blues And Roots" by Charles Mingus - it's hot, hot, HOT!!! In my opinion jazz is improvisation, musical freedom - so the most adequate kind of jazz is free jazz, especially played with fantasy and humour, like Art Ensemble Of Chicago. So my summary is: blues is for feelings, jazz is for freedom :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Feb 2008, 17:31

You are absolutly right Bednaar!

If you know John Coltrane Quartet, they played acoustic, not electric, but he has also the spirit like Jimi Hendrix! I love Jimi Hendrix but also Miles tried in Electric, but there is nothing fascinating like hearing Coltrane alone with his instrument! The Blues is very comercial nowadays, Jazz also, but that what I mean is the feeling of...! You only get it in Live Performances,in hope of the musicians are still alive!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.