• The Firing

Are the guys in Sonata Arctica douchebags for firing Jani?

my opinion is yes, but I would love to hear everyone elses

• ciiri said...
    • User
    • 20 Jan 2008, 13:38
    Well, I guess they had heavy reasons for this firing. Tony has said, that it was a thing he would have wanted to do the last, but it was just must to do, they just couldn't go on with Jani anymore, and they have their own reasons for that, still being friends by the way :)

Jani goes on with his own bands (which are more than good!) and Sonata goes on with Elias, who has a big shoes to fill, but he ain't doing it so bad, he is a great guitarrist, no one can disagree with that.

So, in my opinnion, Sonata Arctica guys are not definetily douchebags, they just did what they had to do, and life goes on, it doesn't make the whole band worser. I must admit that the gigs are different than before without Jani, are they better or worse, that i can't say but you can still enjoy them so f*ckin' much :)

"Ja mitä sitten vaikka joku sua kusipäähän vertaa,
    sinua on kusetettu yhtä monta kertaa."
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Aug 2010, 21:57
    Have to agree with ciiri really. It's a shame Jani had to go but it's better all round, everyone is happier this way. Tony spoke in interview how the thing with Jani had been brewing for a while and he reckons Jani wanted to go... he likened it to when you want to break up with someone but don't want to be the one to end it, so you make yourself as undesireable as possible so the other person will end it instead.

"It Won't Fade" is all about this... a lot of things are changing, and rearranging, I had to say I saw it coming... yet did nothing

So yeah, not douchebags :) Just a natural parting of the ways, imo ^__^

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.