Jamerson's bass lines

• alroirm said...
    • User
    • 2 Jun 2007, 15:58

Jamerson's bass lines

For those of you who play the bass, i've found a web with some Jamerson's bass lines isolated from the original motown recordings. There're some bass lines from other Funk Brothers bassists like Wilton Felder and John Parrish. This is the link:

Rick Suchow - NYC Bassist

• jacofin said...
    • User
    • 13 Jun 2007, 23:33
    I wonder how those tracks at Rick Suchow's website are technically done. But a nice link anyway. Some Jamerson basslines I have currently been woodshedding:

I Was Made To Love Her
    What's Going On
    Reach Out I'll Be There
    Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Diana Ross has also made her own version, and it's nice to hear a totally different groove of Jamerson's on that tune, of course both sound nice to me:))

... and tons of more. If somebody is willing to learn more, I strongly recommend to purchase 'Standing in the Shadows of Motown'-book by Dr. Licks. It comes with two CD's, classic Jamerson bass tracks played by top bassist in the world. I might write a new topic of that book, let us see...

• alroirm said...
    • User
    • 15 Jun 2007, 20:58
    I knew the existence of that book... I'll try to find it (not easy here in spain)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.