Introduce Yourself

• oshare said...
    • User
    • 22 Feb 2006, 03:31
    "Their music isn't bad just because they changed the band name a bit, right?"

Of course it isn't! I still adore Gazette~~~ I always will :D Just...the name change...odd. After going with "Gazette" for almost..4-5 years now? And then suddenly "the GazettE"? The capitalized E is kinda different LOL

...I would never let a name change stop me from loving a band though :3 they're too awesome, and I've committed to them too much to do that~ I just got my copy of NIL in the mail today~~ the velvet is irresistible. I'm going to rip all of my new music soon too~~

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Feb 2006, 08:04
    Velvet!? There's velvet on the first press edition packaging? T__T Now I really can't wait for mine to arrive. I hope mine hasn't got lost in the post... it's been ages now. D:

• oshare said...
    • User
    • 22 Feb 2006, 21:57

Re:

Quoth cassis:
    Velvet!? There's velvet on the first press edition packaging? T__T Now I really can't wait for mine to arrive. I hope mine hasn't got lost in the post... it's been ages now. D:

Oh yes~~ it's so plush and lovely :D you've seen pics of the packaging, ne? Well, all of the red that you see is velvet *0*

Aww..I hope it didn't get lost either! T.T; that would be so sad ><;; *glomp*

• ^_^ Hello! I'm Loki, 17, senior in high school. I first got into Japanese music quite a few years ago, by way of anime. From there, it just progressed. Currently, I'm madly in love with ART-SCHOOL, cali≠gari, Camino, BUCK-TICK, BUMP OF CHICKEN [Last night I discovered that I've been pronoucing their name wrong all this time... how I managed to butcher that one is beyond me], Malice Mizer, X Japan, Janne Da Arc, sunbrain, Skoop on Somebody, SOUL'd-OUT, TRICERATOPS, w-inds., Alice nine, An Cafe, Nakamura Kazuyoshi, The Dead Pop Stars, TAKUI, + a TON of others.

..^^; I'm terribly awful at intro posts. I'm not really sure what else to say. Oh! Um, if you want a more extensive bands list [& I really do mean that. It's a huge ass list], you can either look at my myspace [www.myspace.com/ajapanesedream] or my livejournal [www.ecclesiastical.livejournal.com]. ^_^

• oshare said...
    • User
    • 1 Mar 2006, 02:29
    Hey, welcome :D

I'm curious as to how one can "butcher" BUMP OF CHICKEN XD!! how were you pronouncing it? I must be pronouncing it wrong too then ^^;

Ah, no worries~ I'm..bad at intro posts too ^^; but thanks for joining, ne? :3

• hydiest said...
    • User
    • 1 Mar 2006, 03:50
    Hey everyone!

i just joined last.fm today. i recently realized that the most beautiful things in the world come from music and that it's the only universally constant beat that everyone can share. and i wondered why i didn't fall in love with music earlier. it took me 15 years to realize how amazing music is. and another year to discover japanese bands.

i'm a musician myself and nothing makes me happier.

ahhh. this may sound very corny, but it's truly how i feel right now! euphoria at discovering music!

currently in love with: SID, kinya kotani, ellegarden, mucc, l'arc en ciel/hyde, jinkaku radio, and many many more.

i don't know too much about many other bands, like i have a few random songs by them, but that's it.

~hydiest

• hydiest said...
    • User
    • 1 Mar 2006, 03:52
    ohhh yeah...and i'm really open to learning about other bands, listening to other musics...

i want to take it all in!

so teach me, introduce me.

lol. i hope i'm not being too...forward..and strange.

• ..XD; I was pronouncing it just like that: bump. of. chicken. However, I found out it's actually pronounced bampu obu chiken.

& thank-you! :)

• oshare said...
    • User
    • 2 Mar 2006, 20:01

Re:

Quoth gogogodzilla:
    ..XD; I was pronouncing it just like that: bump. of. chicken. However, I found out it's actually pronounced bampu obu chiken.

& thank-you! :)

Ah! Me too T.T; But the Japanese pronunciation is to be expected, ne? I doubt they'd be over there saying "bump of chicken" perfectly XD;

• Ah! Me too T.T; But the Japanese pronunciation is to be expected, ne? I doubt they'd be over there saying "bump of chicken" perfectly XD;

true, but I was so certain that I had the pronouciation of that one correct!

>>;...I feel bad when I don't know how to pronounce a band's name correctly. ._. but it's even worse when I end up pronoucing it wrong...which is usually the case for me. ^^;

• oshare said...
    • User
    • 4 Mar 2006, 04:35

Re:

Quoth gogogodzilla:
    true, but I was so certain that I had the pronouciation of that one correct!

>>;...I feel bad when I don't know how to pronounce a band's name correctly. ._. but it's even worse when I end up pronoucing it wrong...which is usually the case for me. ^^;

Ah, yes, especially when talking with Japanese people ^^;; when I'm talking J-Rock with my friend Mika, I'm always careful to pronounce band names right..sometimes I say them wrong though ^^;

• kikuye said...
    • User
    • 5 Mar 2006, 08:01

Greetings

Hi, I'm Kikuye from the Bay Area of California. *thinks* I was introduced to Japanese music by some of my friends at school a few years ago. Since then I've developed my own tastes and preferences. Lol. My favorite bands are Duel Jewel, Despairs Ray and Girugamesh.

Just to add to the current conversation, my opinion is basically, if you speak English, go ahead and say Bump of Chicken, Gazette and every other band that has these pronunciation conflicts. Technically, it's the Japanese that are saying it incorrectly and if you speak English, there's no need to. But I have nothing against pronouncing names in Katakana fashion. (I do myself)

• Saying Guniw Tools kills me everytime.

• Saying Guniw Tools kills me everytime.

• oshare said...
    • User
    • 6 Mar 2006, 21:23

Re:

Quoth Saligiare_:
    Saying Guniw Tools kills me everytime.

How is it actually pronounced? 'cause I have no idea at all oo;

• I forgot whether it was guh-nee, goo-nee, or gyoo-nee...

• Ahh... it's guun-yu.

• Edited by Saligiare_ on 6 Mar 2006, 23:17

• EDIT: Agh, don't mind me. T_T

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Mar 2006, 05:35
    My name is Chris, I'm 14 and from California. I've been into J-rock for almost 2 years now, but I started seriously getting into it when my parents finally let me buy CDs. :]

• Hey Im Ash(or poo),I'm 20 and from the US.=)

Ive been listening to jrock for about 5 1/2 years. My favorites are Gackt,TMR,Janne da Arc,w-inds,SID,.. XD list goes on.lol

• yo i'm sharon from US...been listening to jrock for like a year, but am hooked. no i didnt get into it because of anime. I like deadman, D, gazette, girugamesh, sid, sads, rentrer en soi, d'espairs ray, deathgaze, vidoll, merry...

• oshare said...
    • User
    • 8 Apr 2006, 06:59
    Welcome everyone :D

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.