Who are you seeing soon / Who have you seen recently in concert?

• theGarm said...
    • User
    • 9 May 2006, 22:46
    Raising the Fawn rules. As you can tell from my avatar.

We all proceeded to end the beautiful blankness of our white papers with airplanes, cars, explosions, flowers, dogs and princes on horses because dreams never end...
    • Jayaism said...
    • User
    • 10 May 2006, 17:35
    I'm going to Bonnaroo this summer, which is good.

Not really Canadian, its in Tennesee, but some great bands will be there. And before that, I'm probably seeing the Eels for the second time in NYC.

And I'm going to Montreal next fall, which is where the good music is born. So I'll be going to shows pretty much EVERY NIGHT. (right?)

I plot for a living.
    ratnerstar said: I like to pretend I'm Humphrey Bogart. Except I'm pretty sure he only shits bullets.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 May 2006, 23:42

Few Shows Comin' Up

I got fucked out of seeing Radiohead live (would have had 3rd row center), but I am still seeing The Walkmen in June. I think they're from New York, but they're still good.

• flaneur said...
    • Alumni
    • 12 May 2006, 16:30
    Saw the Great Lake Swimmers a couple nights ago here in London -- stunning show.

• theGarm said...
    • User
    • 12 May 2006, 22:59
    I love them.

We all proceeded to end the beautiful blankness of our white papers with airplanes, cars, explosions, flowers, dogs and princes on horses because dreams never end...
  • Tonight at the Palamino

I am going to see Woodpigeon and The Summerlad.

• Broken Social Scene - Glasgow

Posting for the first time indie lovers...went to see BSS at the Art School Glasgow earlier this year. Anybody else? What an amazing gig...they blew the lights and finished up performing to the roadies' flashlight!

I have serious ambitions to go and see them again when they're back in town in September.

• This summers shows im seeing

i just recently saw the best show of my life at massey hall sigur ros may 13th

pearl jam on the 8th which wasnt that good at least compared to their other shows ive seen

bright eyes june 14th

BSS on the 24th at olympic island i wish do make say think was coming back with them this year christ they were good

the roots on july 5th which im pumped for cause ive only seen one hip hop show before and ?uestlove blows my mind and black thought isnt bad either

de la soul at the jazz festival im not to sure when that is but that will be off the hook

and im praying to the jesus that i find a way to radiohead (if anybody can hook up a number i can call it would be a god sent)

wow i use too much blasphemy

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 May 2006, 23:36
    I am trying to get to Bala to see Sloan in August.

• theGarm said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2006, 00:44
    I knew you were.

• saw the constantines rock out last week, seeing pink mountaintops monday, bonaroo this summer

who knows what else :P

• Wench said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2006, 15:07
    I just saw the Weakerthans last night. Pretty good performance.

I'll be seeing Great Lake Swimmers in a month.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Aug 2006, 02:28
    Saw BSS with the Stills/Sam Roberts/Jets Overhead during July in Vancouver/Burnaby. 'twas a pretty good show. Hopefully heading off to Dropkick Murphys/Bad Religion in September! =D

• drpm said...
    • User
    • 12 Aug 2006, 01:00
    Bell Orchestre coming up; though I just missed Wolf Parade & Frog Eyes (Ottawa).

• theGarm said...
    • User
    • 12 Aug 2006, 14:13
    Wench said:

I was going to go, but ended up skipping it. I heard it was pretty good.

• This week i'm going to see final fantasy on wednesday...
    Any one here a fan of bob wiseman? he is opening for owen and I've listened to some of his songs on his website and on a podcast i listen to and i've liked what i've heard. Also i heard that he recorded with owen pallett on he poos clouds so i'm looking forward to seeing him.
    and then on friday i'm going to see get him eat him who i like a lot so, considering that i live in texas, this is going to be a merry canadian music-filled week. yay

• Wench said...
    • User
    • 14 Aug 2006, 01:57
    theGarm said:
    Wench said:

I was going to go, but ended up skipping it. I heard it was pretty good.

It was really good. There were these annoying girls on the side and this douchebag beside me who wouldn't stop playing with his tambourine (I made the security guard confiscate it from him, though). The Waking Eyes sucked, but I didn't go with the purpose of seeing them, so no big loss.

hitsamonster - have fun. Final Fantasy is quite good live.

• well thank you...i'm quite excited :D

• Gizoku said...
    • User
    • 6 Sep 2006, 22:33
    I saw Islands about a month ago, then I went to V and saw Beck, Radiohead, Bloc Party, the Grates, the Pipettes and about 15 other bands. Then the week after that I went to see My Morning Jacket (but we had to leave early for the train :( ) THEN the week after that (the 30th of August) I saw Broken Social Scene, met the band and got my ticket and a setlist signed =) Busy month :P

• Anyone going to V-Fest at Island Park?

• I am!
    Broken Social Scene are now headlining on sunday!
    this girl is excited!
    Not that Massive attack wouldn't have been good, I'd just rather see BSS.

Also seeing Holy Fuck and Shout Out(etc), Teitur, The Who, and Regina Spektor (<3<3<3) in the next month.

• The Rolling Stones. The Rolling Stones are coming to Regina and playing twice! not indie, but still amazing.

• jwenek said...
    • User
    • 9 Sep 2006, 06:03
    Looking forward to Islands at the end of September in Ottawa and Sparta mid October. Oh, Pelican is coming too in the not too distant future.

• I'm, seeing TV On the Radio and Sonic Youth at the end of the month.

• fozkat said...
    • User
    • 13 Sep 2006, 21:06
    im seeing she wants revenge tonite. the red hot chili peppers in a week, less than jake in early october, and we are scientists a few days later

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.