Week Beginning 3/28: Amdeide

• Week Beginning 3/28: Amdeide

Ah, this was hard, but I'm pretty pleased that I was able to find someone that fits the criteria. There are better artists that I could have recommended, but I have already recommended them on other groups, and I don't want to sound like a broken record.

I also wanted to recommend someone who had more than four songs to download. I hope that download.com is satisfactory for everyone, since they do make the uploader agree that the songs they are uploading are indeed theirs, and all theirs. This is why you don't see any remixes there. Also, of the artist I didn't recommend that are better than Amdeide, they had 4 songs or less available for download. So...

Okay, so there are two places where you can find Amdeide's music. On download.com and on myspace. Here are the links:

http://music.download.com/amdeide/3600-8368-100418625.html?tag=quickurl

http://www.myspace.com/amdeide

I collect spores, molds, and fungus.

Check out the new group If The Illuminati Creeps You Out..., where you can see morphs of musicians, because I have nowhere else to put them. Also, feel free to check my mix (soon to be mixes) on 8tracks.com. Especially good if you don't know what you want to listen to.
    • nRage said...
    • User
    • 28 Mar 2005, 09:17
    I think i'll have to listen to them some more to decided if i'm that keen on it or not.
    It deffinatley has a lot more going for it than last weeks, i'll give it that.
    The first track is my favourite so far, is has a very VNV Nation feel, although i have never listened to much Indistrial type stuff so he could well have totally different influences..

• Not really my thing. With that said, Change Your Voice was kind of fun.

• sarie said...
    • User
    • 29 Mar 2005, 01:18
    I pretty much agree with the consensus so far.. I think this band is ok from what I've heard.. again, I'm really not impressed by the vocals.

I definitely enjoy this a lot better than the band from last week.. for some reason I really had a hard time getting through even one of those songs. I don't mind listening to these songs, but I'm not sure I'd seek them out on my own.

• Some of them don't seem too bad. I plan on giving a couple more listens during the week, and coming up with some thoughts after a bit more listening time.

• I enjoy a variety of electronic music, so I really enjoyed this group. Great stuff. Doesn't quite seem industrial, though it has some of the elements. The vocals didn't bother me, but I'm used to weird/distorted vocals like that.

• I has been some time since I listened to this kind of music. Reminds me of Front 242, but I might be out of touch...

Found it very 'correct' within its genre, read freely as kind of boring. Not bad, could easily be a common sound curtain for me, something to fill the background when working. If it did, I don't think there's anything that would attract attention during the play.

It's well produced, but again, somewhat sterile even in its vocals.

Take the Red Pill
  • yeah like it v 80s tho vocally its a bit dull i think!

• This isn't bad...It isn't very original but some of the songs really work. I thought the kind of dark-synthpop feel of "Nexus". I remember when I used to go to clubs and listen to this type of music for hours on end and all the songs would kind of run together and sound the same and really bore me for the most part. It isn't a genre with a lot of originality so this is actually better than a lot I've heard in that way. I think this band would be better if they lost the distorted vocals and went more darkwave...Some of their music, while still not exactly original, works very well but the vocals make it sound vaguely like 100 other bands.

I am leader of: the Ethereal music group; the Darkwave Music group and the Faith And the Muse group.
    Suspicious food taster at:
    Edited by Iridescence on 5 Apr 2005, 04:21
  • I agree with Iridescence.

Take the Red Pill
  • Well, I thought others would like it because I've been listening to it on and off for over a year now and I'm still not tired of it, which is way unusual for me.

Plus, I guess I should add, that this isn't a band, it's just one guy. I agree that the vocals aren't that great, he needs to get someone else to sing the songs instead of distorting his voice, and if he had other members that would also be a good thing. But I still like his music.

I collect spores, molds, and fungus.

Check out the new group If The Illuminati Creeps You Out..., where you can see morphs of musicians, because I have nowhere else to put them. Also, feel free to check my mix (soon to be mixes) on 8tracks.com. Especially good if you don't know what you want to listen to.
  • The vocals aren't all too great as already said, but it is actually decent stuff. Definitely staying in my playlist at least. :)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.