What likes and dislikes make you "UNTROO!!11"

• I listen to a TON of underground hip hop and other assorted genres that fans of metal tend to hate. I'm a snob when it comes to metal since it's my favorite genre but that doesn't stop me from exploring other genres as well. I completely agree with the notion that "bad metal" is worse than completely separate genres of music.

• Hip Hop most likely, I can listen to a lot of hip hop, both oldschool, underground and even some newer stuff. However like most have mentioned so far, is one thing that pisses me off more than anything else and thats bands that claim to be metal and are nothing but shitcore, nu emo faggotry, this music shits me more than anything else. Hell I'd rather listen to Britney Spears then that tripe, at least she isn't disgracing the genre of metal

• DSMPW said...
    • User
    • 16 Nov 2010, 10:35
    i am too listening to totally different styles of music fm time to time, such as electronic psychedelia a la klaus schulze... or acoustic jazz a la ralph towner; the saxophone/bass clarinet hauntings by john surman .... or the absolute powerful TUNES (hahahahaha) of mahler/wagner/shostakovich.

on the tr00 note, i really despise euronymous of mayhem fame, which i think is an overrated character.

• but a great musician!

Thrashing mad, we feed the beast
    in leather armour we ride the priest!
    church is on fire, we're having fun
    spikes are shining, we ride the nun!
  • Eh, I don't really care much for Mayhem besides Deathcrush. Even then, I wouldn't go as far as to call Euronymous great.

DSMPW: Shostakovich is great!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Nov 2010, 17:00
    De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is one of the best black metal albums out there.

• And the most influential. Euronymous actually created the sound of 2nd wave of BM. @slackashi: And that's great. Not his musician skills but his musician vision.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Nov 2010, 01:28
    I like some rap ... haha

Edited by a deleted user on 31 Aug 2011, 12:18
  • Euronymous got Darkthrone to go black metal... even though I dont like mayhem all that much, he was very influential in the Norwegian scene.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Nov 2010, 08:55
    Good old school and underground rap aren't untroo stuff... it's just commercial shit like 50 Cent and Lil Wayne gives rap a bad name.

• I find alot of Mayhem boring. "Pure Fucking Armageddon" had an incredibly evil riff to begin with a solid mid-tempo beat then I feel the whole song is ruined when it turns into Blast Beat fest. I guess what makes me Untr00 is my hatred for blast beats. Though I dont doubt the influence Mayhem had for the 2nd wave of BM.

• jcpcc14 said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2010, 00:11
    Some of my tastes are pretty untrue as you might see on my profile; I still love a lot of the bands I liked when I first got into metal, namely Opeth, Katatonia, Agalloch, Deathspell Omega, etc.

I don't really view any of them as great "metal" bands, but rather I get a lot of nostalgia from each one and appreciate the non-metal elements of each (i.e. Opeth and Agalloch would be nowhere near my favorite bands list without their folk elements)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2010, 18:25
    Never liked Sarcófago. I listened to INRI multiple times, all I can say - the riffs are really weak.
    But "Nightmare" is a alright track.

Edited by a deleted user on 1 Dec 2010, 18:57
    • jcpcc14 said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2010, 18:30
    The ending of Christ's Death is one of the most hateful segments of metal ever though. The album all around has one of black metal's vocal performances too imo. Amazing riffs? Maybe, maybe not.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2010, 18:35
    Metal album without good riffs are automatically bad.

• jcpcc14 said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2010, 19:21
    They're good, they just aren't always the highlight, which is, imo, the case with plenty of amazing metal albums.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2010, 19:44
    Riffs are average, also guitars are way too low and drums way too high in the mix.

• There's something ironic about being a member of this group and openly stating that you dislike Sarcófago. ;)

• Hahah, indeed.

On the topic of "untrue" likes, I recently rediscovered Franz Ferdinand. I think it says something about them when some of my favourite albums are things like Awaken the Guardian, Hell Awaits and Beneath the Remains, and I still consider Franz Ferdinand to have good riffs.

• Franz Ferdinand is great, there first 2 albums are awesome
    that makes me a false lol.

• I wouldn't call it false; better to listen to decent pop music than shite metal.

• Strange thing to require riff definition and hi-fi production to a band like Sarcofago, wich is one of the incipient form of everything extreme in thrash/black/death metal, and automatically suffer from a diformity of each one of the genre that compose the melange.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Dec 2010, 21:36
    I like Vektor. Now sue me hahaha

• Iron Maiden is so fuckin overrated and popular, only some songs of the first albums are good!

• I've never judged a band according its popularity. As long as their music sound correct to my years, and all 80s Iron Maiden's albums does so , they can have a shitload of fans. I don't give a fuck.
    Never got into Vektor, even thought I'm a huge Voivod fan. :P

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.