Modern music you DO listen to

• nennee_ said...
    • User
    • 29 Jun 2009, 18:53
    I listen very much also new music, but old is also great =) If someone's interested, she/he can check out my profile, I'm too lazy to tell all those bands and artists :D

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jul 2009, 10:09
    SUPER FURRY ANIMALS!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Jul 2009, 02:24
    I love Erykah Badu. I want to see her in concert sometime.

• lot of different modern music
    i prefer neo-psychedelic stuffs, like the Lovetones or The Dandy Warhols or The Brian Jonestown Massacre...
    some electronic stuff, and some noisy shit :D

we await silent trystero's empire
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jul 2009, 14:56
    what really counts as modern these days? the music business is fickle, now more than ever.

• 1. Franz Ferdinand
    2.The Killers
    3. The White Stripes
    4. The Hives

Karl Pilkington on the subject of dopplegangers: "How would I know which one I was?"
  • HIM
    Airbourne
    Robbie Williams
    The 69 eyes
    Type O Negative (it's not that new but oh well..)

This is it basically.

All right doll-face, come on and bore me...
  • The Manhattan Love Suicides (R.I.P)
    Crystal Stilts
    Vivian Girls
    The Pains of Being Pure At Heart
    The Horrors
    Nouvelle Vague
    Wavves
    Ringo Deathstarr
    Black Lips
    Hatcham Social
    Ulterior
    A Place To Bury Strangers
    Wild Palms
    The Big Pink
    The Raveonettes

• The Verve !

Everything !

• They have been around for 20 years, they mean like last couple years.

• inhmn said...
    • User
    • 17 Aug 2009, 16:56
    Nouvelle Vague have to die in vains for the thing they did to Bella Lugosi and Blue Monday x_x i hate this silly project

• Nigel Kennedy. Porcupine Tree. Polish bands, like Myslovitz, Strachy Na Lachy. Caravan Palace.

• I don't listen to modern music because it sucks...

But I do listen to classic artist that record new stuff...(like Dylan, McCartney, Neil Young, etc.)

The most modern band I listen to is REM.

• WalterDigsTunes said:
    The only post-89 music I listen to is made by pre-89 artists. That's it.

thats walter all pre 89 haha

i cant go a day with out putting on
    Arctic Monkeys - the guitar riffs and slang lyrics work out great the new album is different but i like it
    The Last Shadow Puppets - well take the singer from Arctic Monkeys and put give him an acoustic guitar thats why they are awsome
    Franz Ferdinand - loved the first to albums had the riffs and some songs just stick the new album was a real shame sounded to much like the elctronic bands that i hate
    Wolfmother- just started listening to them and i have to say at first i would put people down for listening to them but i was wrong the guitar work is amazing. what can i say im a sucker for amazing guitar riffs and power chords
    other then them its just band from the 80s who are still making albums love those bands new stuff like ACDC IRON MAIDEN FUGAZI

• inhmn said...
    • User
    • 11 Sep 2009, 20:08
    Hey - why you're all missing the modern HARD scene. Groups like Tool (APC), Deftones, Korn (in their first 3 albums), Coal Chamber and Rage Against the Machine are very good and deserves respect for the music they're making. From the above mentioned my heart is with Deftones but i like all of them pretty much.

Also - i find stoner rock/metal for very good and my big love here are Monster Magnet. I discover them through Powertrip and initially i thought they are some one-hit-wonders but i was completely wrong. Their first albums are milestones HIGH in sky with diamonds :P Dave Wyndorf is drug addict lyrical monster. Honorable mentions: Orange Goblin , Kyuss/QOTSA, Fu Manchu.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Sep 2009, 20:18
    Modern music doesn't totally suck, yr just not looking (listening?) hard enough. :P

• Vivian girls!
    TIMES NEW VIKING!
    BLOOD ON THE WALL!
    The Horrors!
    Ponytail!

• inhmn said...
    • User
    • 12 Sep 2009, 00:25
    i forgot - there are some hip-hop acts that impresses me these days - DJ Shadow, RJD2 (not anymore i guess), Aesop Rock, MF Doom, the first Wu-Tang , etc. Also(2) - Ninja Tune are very good label with impressive and unique artists - Amon Tobin, Cliff Gilberto, Bonobo, DJ Scruff... this music i could listen for days without change it (with Rolling Stones for instance :P)

• inhmn said:
    Hey - why you're all missing the modern HARD scene. Groups like Tool (APC), Deftones, Korn (in their first 3 albums), Coal Chamber and Rage Against the Machine....

I like Deftones. I have their White Pony album. Those bands aren't exactly new though... I wouldn't say that bands who started in the 90s count. Korn and Rage I can listen to now and again. Tool I loathe with a passion.
    thailurr said:
    Vivian girls!
    TIMES NEW VIKING!
    The Horrors!
    Ponytail!

These I all like too.
    inhmn said:
    i forgot - there are some hip-hop acts that impresses me these days - DJ Shadow, RJD2 (not anymore i guess), Aesop Rock, MF Doom, the first Wu-Tang , etc.

Aesop Rock I've only heard a little of. I like MF Doom's work with Dangermouse under the title DANGERDOOM. Wu-Tang and DJ Shadow aren't exactly that recent. There's a track I've been listening to a lot recently by Blackdown and Dusk which features Trim that I really like. It's called 'The Bits'.

• yvonnetb said:

Lady GaGa - Sue me.

Ah. Forgive me for reviving a dead thread, but I must now second that. If I may be so bold, I might posit opinions on her have shifted a bit in the past year or so. Mine certainly have. She's quite...something. She may or not be a brilliant, bitingly subversive performance artist, but all I know is that "Bad Romance" and "Dance in the Dark" are just epic.

• new?
    for me "new" is:
    QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE
    THE VINES
    THE STROKES
    THE KOOKS
    AMY WINEHOUSE
    STEREOPHONICS
    AUDIOSLAVE
    PAGODA
    STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
    THE TING TINGS
    VELVET REVOLVER
    PHOENIX
    MGMT
    KASABIAN
    WHITE LIES

and that's new for me :]

Edited by RoberlizG on 18 Jul 2010, 16:36
  • hhmmm..lemme see
    -korn
    -aiden
    -H.I.M
    -escape the fate
    -Marilyn manson
    -Lady Gaga
    -Children Of Bodom
    -deathstars
    -Cradle Of Filth
    -Emilie Autumn
    -Atreyu
    -My chemical Romance
    i have lots of industrial bands but im to lazy to write them o.e
    And lsome metalcore,screamo,post hardcore
    i used to listen to that like a looooong time ago
    i kinda still listen to that
    that was in my emo days x]

• Muse
    The Darkness
    The fratellis

Rammstein.

• Does Shakira count? She's been active since the early 1990s...

Either way, after Waka Waka (This Time For Africa/Esto Es África) she's back on my musical radar with a vengeance.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.