• User
    • 2 May 2008, 22:20

TATU - How Soon is Now?

All my friends love this one. ):

• This one is even worst...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2008, 01:43
    Iiiick. Haha, my mortal enemies: Fall Out Boy.

"Song 2" shouldn't be that hard to mess up. :\

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2008, 03:06
    Not exactly a cover, but...

WHY. Just...WHY.

• theansweris42x said:
    Iiiick. Haha, my mortal enemies: Fall Out Boy.

"Song 2" shouldn't be that hard to mess up. :\

Everymind the fact you hate Joy Division.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2008, 08:45
    okay i couldn't think of a 'decent' cover version of a hawt song to post here but these have cracked me up so far

i remember loving How soon is now in fifth grade, the tatu version i mean omfg

i freakin hate song2 but the original is music of paradise compared to this crap cover ughhh

and THE NEW CARS.. just.. LOL

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2008, 14:49
    Ehhh, I'm getting over the Joy Division hate. I've always liked "Love Will Tear Us Apart", and I'm starting to warm up to Unknown Pleasures.

I have a feeling this may infuriate Cat:

• This cover makes me SO ANGRY. Fuck you, Blink 182!

As for the original post...oh dear, Will Young. Although some of the comments on the video are pretty lolworthy:

Im Pretty Homophobic...But Even I Can't Help Feeling Will On This One

To be honest, I wouldn't have thought that dire covers of "Light My Fire" would be the best way to challenge homophobia...but hey, if it works!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2008, 18:58

The spelling bit is the icing on the, uh, shitpile.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2008, 20:01
    is the crying Hale Berry supposed to be very emo? the cover isn't that bad as far as it all goes except of the spelling bit and the way the song changed from being a british lovely tune to a mainstream american rawk ba11ad

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2008, 21:37
    theansweris42x said:
    Ehhh, I'm getting over the Joy Division hate. I've always liked "Love Will Tear Us Apart", and I'm starting to warm up to Unknown Pleasures.

I have a feeling this may infuriate Cat:

YOU WOULD BE CORRECT. >:(

There are so many things wrong with that that I can't even begin to count. I don't know why I even clicked out of it—morbid curiosity that turned to masochism? But it was like watching my best friend getting killed right in front of me. It's kind of funny since prior to now only the *shudder* New Cars had committed any truly severe crimes against my favorite band; now I know another group to whom I should direct my anger.

Some of the most egregious offenses:
    -Where are the keyboards?!?
    -The Cars were NEVER that big on "heavy" guitar sounds.
    -YOU IDIOT WHY ARE YOU SINGING THAT SONG LIKE YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF. This is supposed to be a happy song!!
    -They forgot the third verse! I know this sounds idiotic and nitpicky, but honestly, if they wanted to do it the least bit of justice, they could have at least played the song as it was originally written.
    -Do those girls in the audience even know who The Cars are?!? And are they aware that their version is infinitely better than what those shitheads are playing?

This is just depressing. And I thought Stacy's Mom was bad in ripping off Just What I Needed.

• Although I'm not a Cars obssessive like Cat, I must say...that cover is really, really awful. I think the lack of keyboards is especially offensive.

• sls said...
    • User
    • 4 May 2008, 23:16
    Green Day's cover of Working Class Hero. VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT

I have never seen a song so raped.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 May 2008, 23:31
    Bono singing "I Am the Walrus" in Across the Universe. Firstly, foremostly... um, Bono: instafail. Secondly, he doesn't know the effing lyrics. ): Lastly, it's just straight-up blah.

Yeahhh, I don't know how I feel about any of the other covers in that movie.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 May 2008, 14:53
    theansweris42x said:
    Bono singing "I Am the Walrus" in Across the Universe. Firstly, foremostly... um, Bono: instafail. Secondly, he doesn't know the effing lyrics. ): Lastly, it's just straight-up blah.

The whole movie's just filled with outraging covers. It's just a commercial ripoff of the hippies and dishonour to The Beatles. Yuck.

• JazzKrysa said:
    theansweris42x said:

The whole movie's just filled with outraging covers. It's just a commercial ripoff of the hippies and dishonour to The Beatles. Yuck.

Well Bono is a Walrus, he sings like one...

and "It's just a commercial ripoff of the hippies and dishonour to The Beatles", YAAAA!!!!!!!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 May 2008, 20:04
    That movie's had its own mini Juno effect; all these high school girls who were like "lolz teh beetles whuts dat ohhh itz old shit omg" are like "OMG I LUVZ DA BEATLEZ!!!11!! GR8IST BAND EVER OMG!!!!"

As much as I like the Beatles' music, I get really annoyed by Beatle fandom in general. But uh, wrong thread for that, I guess.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Dec 2008, 22:22

Worst cover ever ..

I'm not a big fan of Brel covers in general, but "Le Moribond"(my favourite brel song) has to be the Brel song that has the worst covers. It has been raped/covered quite a few times:

(Blink 182 - Seasons in the Sun)
    Awful,

(Westlife - Seasons in the Sun)
    Even worse

I'm not a big fan of Terry Jacks' cover (awful, awful translation), the one that problably inspired the others, but at least it was a decent cover ...

Edited by a deleted user on 7 Dec 2008, 12:25
  • theansweris42x said:
    That movie's had its own mini Juno effect

Juno is a brilliant film.

• Not that it really matters, but that isn't Blink 182 covering 'Seasons in the Sun'.

• Wow. I NEVER knew that until now—I've been fostering an obsession with Brel for quite a few weeks now, but now that I just listened to Le Moribond it's really obvious. Especially since Brel is sprightly in talking about death, saying how he drank and danced in life, whereas the English covers are just dire. The only thing they have in common with the original is the music.

But surely, SonicExpressway, Scott Walker did him justice in translation? I would've never discovered Brel if not for him! (Granted, the translated chorus of "Jackie" makes me cringe, but the rest is really quite good.)

• Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver

the most offensive cover my ears ever suffered

• munchies1 said:
    Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver

the most offensive cover my ears ever suffered

What's offensive about it? It's pretty much like the original with a different singer is it not? There's no major stylistic change.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.