What are you listening to right now?

• T.V. Casualty - The Misfits

Horror Punk

• Love Is the Drug

Bryan Ferry at his sleaziest. Incidentally, I'm not one of those Roxy fans who only knows the hits. I'm listening to the whole of Siren at the moment.

• Just to continue the theme...

Roxy Music - Both Ends Burning

Possibly my favourite track on Siren. :)

Souless wage-slave, Music Advice Center. We Sell Sanctuary.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Oct 2006, 17:42
    Art Brut—Modern Art

I love Art Brut. =)

• I'm completely besotted with Both Ends Burning. Considering the subject of both songs, LITD should be the sexier song, but it isn't. Both Ends Burning is better. It's a shame it wasn't a hit. Actually, I think I have the 45 somewhere. I hope I didn't dream it. Hmm. -goes to rummage through record collection-

I still have mixed feelings on Art Brut. Are they good? Are they bad? Are they one trick ponies? Haven't come to a decision yet.

I'm listening to

Love, Reign o'er Me

At least, I was. But the last.fm player just messed up and suddenly skipped to Joy Divison. Oh well.

• Ah. Love Reign Over Me. One of my all time favourite Who tracks (that and Behind Blue Eyes).

I'm having a sort through my "media" so my playlist looks either eclectic or erratic, take your pick! ;)

I'm currently playing AatA's Antbox.
    Deutcher Girls

Modern music mainly mediocre? Retro rock resplendent? I Was Born Several Decades Too Late.
    "ooolo99ikl;i.,pyknulmmmmmmmmmm 111" - Nell Pirsig
  • Love that song. :) When I first got my record player, I was looking through my dad's records and I found the Jubilee soundtrack. My first introduction to Adam and the Ants, and possibly even Brian Eno.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Oct 2006, 23:59
    Both Ends Burning!! Love that song. It's one of those songs that reminds me of Sam, since I was on a big infatuation buzz with him when I first heard it.

However, I think Whirlwind is my favorite off Siren. I think I'm going to listen to that now.

• I like Whirlwind too. I associate it with being unsociable on the train in Switzerland, and the rest of my family were ooh-ing and ah-ing over the scenery and I was just plugged into my Zen while Bryan Ferry shouted "WHIRL-WIIIIIND" in my ear".

• Symptom of the Universe. First ever thrash metal riff.

This space for sale
  • The Hardest Walk

Psychocandy = best album ever. Except for The Velvet Underground & Nico.

• Whiskey In The Jar - Thin Lizzy

• Thru the Rhythm.

A new discovery. Intriguing.

• Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies

Clicky

• Still on Siren here, with...

Roxy Music - Just Another High

I think my two Roxy albums are getting played much more often since I joined this group. :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Oct 2006, 00:44
    How Lester Lost His Wife

They're such a great band. Very goofy.

And you only have two Roxy Music albums?!? Tsk tsk. You NEED to have their first five. I don't bother with anything after that.

• Friggin' In The Riggin' - The Sex Pistols

Comedy single they did after all the best people had left the band.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Oct 2006, 16:24
    Hard Candy (live) - counting crows

• Leaving My Kitten Alone

The Sonics are my new favourite band.

I think my two Roxy albums are getting played much more often since I joined this group. :)

Cat's right - you need more than two Roxy albums! The first five are essential, there's no doubt about that. You can always ask us if you want recommendations or advice.

• Aaaah, I know - It's shocking! I currently have Avalon and Siren, I'll see about picking up some more when I can. :)

Billy Idol - Hot in the City

• I think of Avalon as a luxury rather than a necessity - it's a good album, but you haven't LIVED till you've heard the first two albums. Slight exaggeration, perhaps, but I'm a devoted fan. :D

Spirit in the Sky

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Oct 2006, 00:14
    And Stranded. Stranded's my favorite.

I actually think Country Life's a tad bit overrated, but it's still good.

• You Can't Put Your Arm Around A Memory

I never woulda though J. Thunders could do a convincing emotional acoustic type song, but he can.

Domestic violence is wrong! And I like Cheerios!
  • At The Hop - The Original Juniors

50's Rock 'N' Roll light.

• If 6 Was 9.

Some of my favourite hendrix lyrics, and an awesomely minimalistic intro

This space for sale
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.