• Highly recommended

Of course, this group needs a thread where one can recommend one's newest discoveries. So here it is.
    Only yesterday, I came over a a great British folk band called Enderby's Room and think it's the perfect soundtrack for quiet autumn days.
    And another recom from Germany would be Maike Rosa Vogel. She's not that "new" but still hardly known. Last time I looked she didn't have any tracks on last.fm but sure enough there will be some on myspace.com/maikerosavogel
    Hope you enjoy it!

• wow

i'm impressed by these artists, especially by Enderby's Room.. Maike Rosa Vogel is nice even if i don't understand German :P

Good job Franz, good discoveries! :)

• thanks for your discoveries!
    let me try to introduce one as well: Bark cat Bark, a french multiinstrumentalist who makes brilliant sound

• I highly recommend Gustav Foss. He's a talented, provocative youngster from my hometown, and he's on fire with tunes that somehow resembles old school-Arctic Monkeys..

• Well, being a part of Dévics Sara Lov isn't a newcomer, but her solo stuff is quite new. Just noticed her debut album is streamable on last.fm and know some1 who will soon take advantage of that ;)

• ofwine said...
    • User
    • 15 Nov 2009, 13:20
    i think you might like this one Misophone ..its probably one of the best i discovered.

• thanks for the hint. misophone is great!

• try this band Good Old War
    it's a triumph of happy acoustic guitars and nice melodies
    ... let me know if you like it!

• ofwine said...
    • User
    • 17 Nov 2009, 18:55
    hey thanks,im really liking good old war

• ofwine said...
    • User
    • 18 Nov 2009, 12:57
    another good one => Orion Rigel Dommisse

• Via my New Wave of British Folk group I discovered Circus Sands... really new and good stuff!

• "but i don't want easy. easy doesn't make you grow."
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Jun 2010, 00:41
    No idea where to begin, I've got so many lately. I love Cars & Trains and Sweet Jane because they're good folks who make really good music. If you stop by and see this post, check them out, see what you think.

• as far as newest discoveries go I suggest the following...if you like indie-alternative check out this band, The Bliss Method. www.purevolume.com/The Bliss Method
    You won't regret it I promise. This band packs catchy hooks with awesome music and vocals. The vocalist is female and has a totally amazing voice, which honestly in this genre can be hard to come by. The lyrics are original and unique. Totally not the same thing over and over and over again. If you like bands like The Morning Light, Paramore, Hey Monday, and the Maine. Check out this band. You totally won't REGRET it!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.