• googuse said...
    • User
    • 17 Apr 2005, 03:16

Rush

I can't even begin to describe how this band makes me want to run from the room screaming. Total aural torture.

I'd rather listen to cats fuck.

• cjcarne said...
    • User
    • 17 Apr 2005, 11:23
    Strangely enough I was a big fan of Rush as a spotty adolescent. Still, I was young and foolish then (as opposed to being old and foolish now). It must be many years since I heard any Rush (or randy moggies come to think of it) so I couldn't really comment on the comparison.

Chief Slacker & Bat Chain Puller At:
    Desk Supervisor: Free Improvisation Artist Expert: Derek Bailey, Pere Ubu
    And remember, you get a free dead cat in each bar of Dead Cat Soap

• Geddy Lee, as they say in Spain, "no es bueno".

Telling a drummer that Rush sucks will result in getting beat up by that drummer. Being beaten up by a drummer is akin to the scene in the Matrix where Agent Smith is rapidly punching Neo in the subway.

Since there are no drummers in my current field of vision, I'll jump on the "Rush Stinks" bandwagon. It's not so much Rush sucking, it's more Geddy Lee sucking. Falsetto-rock in most of its forms is bad, but Geddy's "singing" is exceptionally bad. Just like my opinion on Guns'n'Roses, Rush wouldn't suck if it weren't for the singer. But bashing Axl's brand of "cats mating" stylings belongs in another thread, this is about how Rush sucks. Seriously, if Geddy Lee didn't have such an obnoxious singing voice, Rush wouldn't be so bad. Thus ends my music snobbery.

• I was a teenage punk-rocker.

My school year: Buzzcocks, The Clash, The Jam ruled.
    The year above mine: Genesis, Yes, Rush ruled.

We loved the adrenaline; they loved proper musicianship.

We loved skiving off school to go to the beach; they loved Dungeons & Dragons.

We loved football; they loved homework.

We thought they were saddoes; they were condescending and smelly.

Final result from the 1978 Music War:
    Punk Rock 4, Falsetto Prog 0.

Yeeessss!!!!

• cjcarne said...
    • User
    • 19 Apr 2005, 22:30
    In 1981 you would have found Rush and The Fall jostling for space on my turntable. I was one mixed up kid.

In the end though Mark E. vs. Geddy - no contest-uh.

Chief Slacker & Bat Chain Puller At:
    Desk Supervisor: Free Improvisation Artist Expert: Derek Bailey, Pere Ubu
    And remember, you get a free dead cat in each bar of Dead Cat Soap

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Feb 2006, 01:04
    Thank you! I am so glad I'm not the only person who hates Rush. They have to be my least favorite band ever, I hate, despise, detest, abhor and loathe them with every bone in my body. And Geddy Lee's voice...I'd rather hear nails on a blackboard. He sounds like a billy goat on helium.

• they are a guilty pleasure of mine because they are HILARIOUS. i mean come on.

• sorry i bumped this, but i just gotta say not all drummers like neil peart. sure he's got skills, but he has skills like a computer has skills. everything he plays sounds so mechanical and planned it's boring. he's got nothing on keith moon, ginger baker, or mitch mitchell. i highly doubt that rush could ever be able to improvise worth shit.

oh yeah, and their singer sucks. and their songs, and everything else about them sucks. they are a vacuum of lameness.

Domestic violence is wrong! And I like Cheerios!
  • Yup, fuck Rush.

If you see Kay, Tell him he may. See you in tea, Tell him from me.
    http://www.zeronews-fr.com/flash/super-mario-communist.php
    • Scier said...
    • User
    • 26 May 2007, 21:37
    I like the song YYZ, and I've not heard anything else of theirs...according to all the posts about horrifying vocals, its probably better that all I've heard is an instrumental track.

Coming...someday?
  • Yeah YYZ is very good

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Oct 2007, 00:41
    Suck a dick you faggot. Rush fucking rock.

• Usually people dislike Geddy Lee, but Alex Lifeson is the one I can't stand.

口爆
    • Haarry said...
    • User
    • 25 Oct 2007, 07:05
    rush rulz

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Nov 2007, 10:32
    xtheblademaster said:
    Suck a dick you faggot. Rush fucking rock.

Take that, 1950s society!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Apr 2008, 18:11
    Rush have great vocals, by the way.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.