Discussion of the Month [March]: One Hit Wonders!

• Discussion of the Month [March]: One Hit Wonders!

Discuss artists in which you believe had one solid, fantastic album but their other attempts failed. (In your opinion, of course.)

Hey, still insist on buying CDs? :) Join the club (or group in this case) :)
    I STILL BUY CDS
  • Ignore that I completely forgot about January & February. I had midterms, guys.

I STILL BUY CDS
  • i am confused...

• About what, dh? I'm listening.

I STILL BUY CDS
  • 3LW

Music is not about hits, sales or awards it just about enjoying your favorite artists and their music that is what it is about. The impossible is possible.
    • Panpol said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2010, 12:54
    Most of well known glam bands like Warrant or Europe.

Gruesome ha? Have you met my mother in law? Now that's gruesome!
  • Chris cornell solo? :) His first album was great, but the singles I heard released thereafter sounded like his impression of boy bands, UGH!

"We've graduated now from [being called] 'the next Jane's Addiction' to 'the next Nirvana,' now we're 'the next Pearl Jam.'" (Billy Corgan, 1993)
    Music is my boyfriend.
    Woody's a girl @ last.fm
  • Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy

"Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact. "
    — William S. Burroughs
  • Mer De Noms

I love Maynard, I do, but I don't like anything from APC after this one.

• argus said...
    • User
    • 28 Feb 2010, 03:28
    I can't really think of anyone I've heard the full discography of that would really fit. There's Stone Roses, who people tend to call one album wonders, but I'd call Second Coming a pretty good album when held up on it's own.

• Panpol said...
    • User
    • 28 Feb 2010, 08:32
    Mucky Pup - Now

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Mar 2010, 01:44
    Maybe Bad Brains? Of what I've heard nothing beats the first record

• The band Sigh, at least so far for me. Cuz I like Imaginary Sonicscapes quite a lot, but the next CD I got by them Gallows Gallery was just OK. But so far those 2 CDs are my only point of reference.

• argus said...
    • User
    • 2 Mar 2010, 02:15
    haamgemset said:

I'd kind of lean towards agreeing, although I'd be going entirely off the debut and I Against I - The latter gets lots of acclaim, but I just couldn't get into it aside from "Re-Ignition" (which is a pretty awesome song mind you).

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Mar 2010, 02:31
    argus said:
    haamgemset said:

I'd kind of lean towards agreeing, although I'd be going entirely off the debut and I Against I - The latter gets lots of acclaim, but I just couldn't get into it aside from "Re-Ignition" (which is a pretty awesome song mind you).

And it's a whole different style. So it's a fine listen, but meh..

• chumbawamba - tubthumping
    for sure!

• Blur - Song2

MourningFall
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Mar 2010, 02:37
    Well.. no Blur is everything but a one hit wonder

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by evilrix on 7 Dec 2010, 14:44
  • Oh my God, you guys. I think some of you completely misunderstood this whole thread. Lol, oh well.

I STILL BUY CDS
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Apr 2010, 15:24
    two_birds said:
    Mer De Noms

I love Maynard, I do, but I don't like anything from APC after this one.

really?!! I love the thirteenth step.

• if you're from the uk you should remember these banging out the radio about 10 years ago

uk garage!

• Panpol said...
    • User
    • 24 Apr 2010, 06:35
    Guns n' Roses - Appetite for Destruction

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.