How often do you really buy CDs?

• I buy a CD about once a week, on average. I don't really "do" downloads at all, but a very small percentage - maybe 3-5% - of my collection consists of them (almost always when the CD is unavailable/too expensive). Otherwise, it's CDs all the way.

• Feyri said...
    • User
    • 26 Apr 2012, 20:17
    i've been debating over this at the moment actually. I still want CDs but i find the price for an album is astronomical.

my own collection has dropped severely in the last 6 years. i think in the last 4 i may have only got about 6 albums (physical copies). but in the four years previous i picked up about 400. reasons for this is, alot of the music i like doesn't get pressed to CD very often, i have a huge collection of music that i believe is still far too small, and i can't afford the price as i have to debate over 100,000 of releases that i want to buy. if they priced it more affordable at £1-£3 i would spend ridiculous money again.

• I usually buy about 2-3 CDs per month, but there have been spurs - for example, when I discover a new artist whose music I absolutely love, I might buy several CDs from them at once.

I never download music from illegal sources - if I want a preview of songs, I can always listen to them on Spotify or use Amazon's or iTune's previews. Many artist nowdays also have official YouTube channels.

If I like only a couple songs from the CD, I might add the songs to my Spotify playlists, buy the songs from iTunes, or ask around if any of my friends have bought the CD so I can copy the songs I like. But there are times when a single song is enough for me to buy the entire CD.

Close your eyes and dream.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.