ATTN: How happy are you with I Still Buy CDs?

• ATTN: How happy are you with I Still Buy CDs?

Over the years the group has accumulated a lot of members, it's a huge fucking group. Anyway, there have been numerous complaints about the condition of the forum. A lot of the threads are not really focused on (not even just CDs) but music. So, I want your honest opinion about the current state of the group. ~_~

If you don't give a shit, that's cool too.

So,

Dislikes:

Overall rating of the group 1 (being horrible) to 10 (being awesome).

It's cheesy, but whatever.

Off to watch Arrested Development & some Always Sunny,

KimJakab

P.S. I'm not much of an affiliates person, but I might post about a group every week or something. I have a lot of homework, my bad.

Hey, still insist on buying CDs? :) Join the club (or group in this case) :)
    I STILL BUY CDS
  • Bump.

Hey, still insist on buying CDs? :) Join the club (or group in this case) :)
    I STILL BUY CDS
    • Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 8 Sep 2009, 02:38
    - There's actually some useful threads here, eg. what kind of shelves people use for their CDs
    - The game threads can be a good way to kill boredom

Dislikes:
    - Last.fm isn't really built to handle a group this size. The game threads dominate the forum and probably people's reply trackers too, and we can't separate them out. A Greasemonkey script might be the only solution.

I'm not really a fan of the groups system on Last.fm. The reply tracker and journals let people interact with groups without actually visiting them. So the forum threads can be active without groups being active.

As for rating, maybe an average 5/10. The only way I can think of to make it better might be to encourage members to do things... like organize competitions, compilation CDs, events, whatever... I dunno, maybe people aren't interested in those things. After all, it's just a group, it's not a standalone website or a script repository or a record company!

• I pretty much agree with what Bloopy wrote.

I would just give 6/10 since i believe the group is better than average :D

• wingkon said...
    • User
    • 9 Oct 2009, 18:53
    I don't really participate much in group discussions, but I really like this group since it's more active and shows that I'm not the only one who doesn't use limewire and such

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Oct 2009, 02:28
    -Recommend an album thread, great places to know new bands
    - There are certain game threads that work as an amazing time-killer

Dislikes:
    -Too much useless threads, there are games repeated 3, 4 maybe even 5 times

7.5/10

Dislikes: hmmm...

Overall rating of the group is 8.

"Everyone thinks they want to be connected.
    If you don’t have the courage to do that, us five will be your friends. You will be our sixth friend."
    - Alice Nine.
  • I like a few of the games, as said, they're good to kill time.

I dislike the amount of games though, i think there are a few to many, some are a bit silly as well, like ...During Sex, Although i will admit i have posted in it a few times, due to pure boredom.

Over all i'll give the group a 7.6/10 because it keeps me entertained when i have nothing better to do.

It'd be good if last.fm could give big groups like this sub forums, it'd be much easier to manage posts that way.

• i said it somewhere before, i think there's too much useless threads, not because i mind it but because if i wanna find a usefull thread i have to look for it, i think theres just a few that i know off.

but besides that I'm still happy with this group just because i love buying cd's.
    I'm not gonna hand you out a mark cause that's not usefull at all.

• RevyFan said...
    • User
    • 15 Oct 2009, 11:13
    Likes: Well, the group is good because of what group it is. xD Some interesting topics.

Dislikes: Much of lame topics, mostly these games...

Rating: Hard to rate with no exact criterias, but I say 7 / 10

• Arabwel said...
    • User
    • 16 Oct 2009, 02:18
    LIkes: talking to peoiple who will not laugh at the idea of someone paying for music, and can sympathize with addictions., and will also be nice and helful about Stuff.

Dislikes: too many games that are repeaty and stuff.

Overall, I'd say 8 :D

Obnoxious omnivore elitist
  • Very happy indeed, thanks for your interest!

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...
    Not screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Oh Yea !!! If Vinyl can make a big comeback. Why not the Cd ??!!

• There needs to be forum-creation regulation. Hell, everything needs to be regulated. However, overall, this group is great.

• RevyFan said...
    • User
    • 21 Oct 2009, 12:52
    MRKILLINGJOKE said:
    Oh Yea !!! If Vinyl can make a big comeback. Why not the Cd ??!!

Well I don´t see where CD needs to come back from... =D They´re still released very often and sold much.

• i would rather buy a cd than download because you have a proper copy not some files on a computer.

• Asgrimm said...
    • User
    • 27 Oct 2009, 00:54
    Bloopy said:
    - There's actually some useful threads here, eg. what kind of shelves people use for their CDs
    - The game threads can be a good way to kill boredom

Dislikes:
    - Last.fm isn't really built to handle a group this size. The game threads dominate the forum and probably people's reply trackers too, and we can't separate them out. A Greasemonkey script might be the only solution.

I'm not really a fan of the groups system on Last.fm. The reply tracker and journals let people interact with groups without actually visiting them. So the forum threads can be active without groups being active.

As for rating, maybe an average 5/10. The only way I can think of to make it better might be to encourage members to do things... like organize competitions, compilation CDs, events, whatever... I dunno, maybe people aren't interested in those things. After all, it's just a group, it's not a standalone website or a script repository or a record company!

Very valid arguments you have there - so valid, I can hardly come up with anything besides what you have said.
    As for me, the forum might be a halfway decent way to kill boredom, but unfortunately, it has little to no actual discussions. Bit of a pity, it might be an idea to sticky a few decent topics for discussion? Say, reviews or something.

• its just plain awesome ;D

Those who are afraid of getting hurt, never live. And yet, those who are hurt, feel no life.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Nov 2009, 12:11
    its a pretty sweet group. 7/10

- There are some game threads that can really kill some time.
    - The group is very active and the activity is almost buzzing around.
    Dislikes:
    - Charts are too mainstream, I'm surprised that noone likes Lady Ga Ga or any electronic bands or even Hardstyle acts! Or if they do, they're not in the charts :(
    - Charts really suck all the time.
    - - People often write thingsv that are not related to CDs in the shoutbox.
    Overall rating of the group: 8/10.

• The group is certainly lively because it has so many members, but threads tend to get pushed back very quickly because of that. It's a double-edged sword.
    Personally, I get sick of the games threads... plenty of other ways to kill time online. I like the discussions about how to store CDs, as bloopy mentioned, as well as the "last CD you've bought" thread.
    In all, probably a 7/10 group. It's a fairly average large group (5/10), but it has some really worthwhile stuff hidden in it (+2/10).

• tj44 said...
    • User
    • 14 Nov 2009, 09:55
    I agree it is a problem that games smother real discussion threads. There are a limited number of threads shown on the first page, and games dominate. How about locking all but 10 (or whatever) of those game threads?

I'm not sure how you choose which to lock. I also dont know whether the game threads would need continuous pruning, or whether a single round of locking would be enough to allow discussion threads to take hold.

• Kurraga said...
    • User
    • 15 Nov 2009, 14:10
    I mostly come here to play the stupid forum games, so I think for that purpose this group is great, I don't really like the games where you just post whatever a comes up (like whether you have more or less plays or scripts that calculate musical compatability or w/e) but my favourite game is the 3 questions game.

But there should be an option to have a sub forum for groups like this to seperate the BS games and such from actual discussion.

• musicfan1994 said:

Dislikes:
    - Charts are too mainstream, I'm surprised that noone likes Lady Ga Ga or any electronic bands or even Hardstyle acts! Or if they do, they're not in the charts :(
    - Charts really suck all the time.

That's what happens when you're in a group with 55k people. Charts get mainstreamed. People buy cd's they like, and taste differs.

• Well I think all of my +/- points have already been said above, but anyway:
    In a nutshell:
    I like this group, although I honestly haven't participated much in the forums, my bad. What I don't like however, is that the forum games dominate the discussion board, and all the "real" discussion is lost to the mass of the games, you know. But I understand that it's hard to keep the discussion very clean with a group this big, so it's okay.

Then, I have a suggestion for you, and that is...........parties! I've been organizing these events in one group, and I think everyone who has attended has been very happy with them. I don't know if you've had any here in this group, but basically the parties I've organized have been kept like this:
    - The party is held in the group's discussion board, in a separate "party-thread".
    - First we decide the date, and inform all of (if possible, I haven't been a group leader so I don't know what you can do) the group's members about the party
    - Then, on the date chosen before, on person (gorup leader possibly?) makes this so called "party-thread" and starts the event.
    - The whole idea of the party is to get lots of people in the same place at the same time, and basically to have a chat. We've had this kinda funny traditon of bringing food, drinks, music, gifts or whatever you may think of to the party by posting a picture of that item on the thread.
    - The rest of the party goes how it goes then, whatever comes to mind.

The parties I've been to have been in a smaller group (about 700members, so really tiny compared to this!) so I don't know how it would work here, but at least in the previous parties we've had a really good time chatting and making new friends and that sort of stuff. You can actually take a look of an old party-thread here ;)
    So what do you think about this, good/bad idea? If people are interested in doing this, I'm happy to help in the organization :)

Just a suggestion for you to think about! ;)
    Have a nice day!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.