Introduce yourself :D

• Introduce yourself :D

Welcome everyone and thank you so much for joining! It is great to know that there are people who still go out (or sit and chill and scroll through eBay) and search for that one CD, and come home to the great pleasure of struggling to get through that annoying tape at the top of it, but at last, being able to feel the crisp album book and enjoy the fresh smell of a brand new CD by a band you adore, or think are worth that 15 bucks (...or more or less)

Again, thank you.
    And don't be shy about posting in the discussion or dropping me an e-mail

Kim

I'm Kim.
    Living in California. :)

Hey, still insist on buying CDs? :) Join the club (or group in this case) :)
    I STILL BUY CDS
    Edited by KimJakab on 28 Jul 2008, 20:52
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 May 2006, 16:50

greets...

Hi.. I go by the alias of Shogun Kawazoe. As you might guess, that's Japanese. Kawazoe is a family name, which translates to riverside. Wikipedia can explain better than me the meanings of shogun:

The term shōgun means "General" whereas the full title Seii Taishōgun (征夷大将軍) means "generalissimo who overcomes the barbarians", ie. the aboriginal Ainu people who once inhabited Honshu and Hokkaido. Used in common reference to the historical full title, the term shōgun is still used to refer to the rank of general.

So yeah.. I'm a computer hating computer scientist who likes to snowboard, and I still buy CD's :)

• Hi.

I'm Matt, I'm from New Zealand. Like probably most people here, I still buy CD's cos if I'm spending my hard earned cash I damn sure want something I can hold in my hand! Screw paying money for MP3's.

• aisopis said...
    • User
    • 5 May 2006, 09:26
    I'm Matze, 20, from Germany - and yeah, I buy CDs, too (though I like VInyl even better - only CDs are cheaper most of the time)

the stars don't shine for me and you/they shine no matter what we do
    http://www.aisopis.de
  • I'm Vince.. 20 years old.. I come from Scotland.. Yeah I still buy CD's..

• Skwiz said...
    • User
    • 6 May 2006, 09:35
    I'm Boe, 20 years old, from London Uk.... I still buy CD's, not as often as I used to though...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 May 2006, 21:49
    I'm Chris. I live in New York suburbs and I normally order my music from Century Media and sometimes buy it at the local CD store (www.looneytunescds.com) once or twice a month.

• wib said...
    • User
    • 8 May 2006, 21:00
    I'm Matt. I live in England. I buy CD's because there's nothing more magical than holding a freshly purchased album.

Well ok there are but it's still awesome.

and when you wake up
    everything is going to be fine
    i guarantee that you wake up in a better place
    and in a better time
  • I'm Shaun, 20 years old, from Pennsylvania. I agree with the guy from England.

• hey i'm dave, i'm from australia. i buy CDs mainly cos i'm paranoid about sound quality and the closest thing you can get to perfect sound is listening straight from the original CD on good speakers/headphones. plus when i walk into a good CD shop i'm like a kid in a candy store and i just can't help myself.

"...and even if we never get a billboard top ten hit, at least we know that Russell Crowe's band's a fucking pile of shit..."
  • I'm dinosaurno1 from Scotland. Why would you download everything, what if your MP3 player fucks up?!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2006, 22:35
    I'm Nick, from Grand Rapids-Michigan. recently opened up a record/cd shop here. good to see so many people still buying cds.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2006, 06:06

Re: Introduce yourself :)

Hey, I`m Desi(18) from The Black Forest, Germany

• I'm Catherine, and I agree with others here-- I'd prefer to spend my money on something shiny, pristine and tangible, rather than files. I also like getting liner notes with lyrics and pictures and other notes from the artist.

Also, I like supporting the lesser-known artists that I like with real album sales. I like going into Borders and being like "yeah, I want to order a CD from this band, even though you don't usually have it in stock." Because it's just good to see, or to be, someone who actually wants one of the albums that most people don't know exist. It sort of helps send the message that yes, indie albums really are wanted.

• Well, I like the concept of this group, so..

I'm Jeff. 25. I live in North Carolina. And I buy CDs.. I just do? I like to support bands, both by buying CDs and doing promotional work. It's not like I can get anyone multimillion contracts or anything of the sort, but I did manage to help Enter Twilight find a US distributor, and got a few people to buy their CD, so I'm happy about that.
    Music is one of the few things I can actually say I love, so...

All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one. You understand?

- Tony Montana
  • Erm, I'm actually too tired to introduce myself now, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm Aida and I'm 19 years old, living in Sweden. Like most people here I prefer buying CD's and I do it as frequently as my economy allows me to. It's a nice feeling to hold a CD you live in your hand. And I agree with Catherine, it's nice supporting lesser known artist by buying CD's and damn it makes me feel good =)

"Your memories become fantasies if they are not shared,
    and your life in all its triviality becomes a legend"
  • I'm Naomi (21) from Australia. I spend more on music than I do on my clothes! I collect Madonna & Mariah stuff, etc.

Nothing beats waiting for the CD to be released and holding it in your hands.

• laupers said...
    • User
    • 21 May 2006, 22:45
    Sup :). I'm Laura, and I'm a pretty cool chick. I'm 13, but i don't care. Just because I have been breathing for 13 years doesn't mean that I don't act older. The color green is pretty cool. My favorite band is probably Coheed! :o)

-Laupie =]
    Edited by laupers on 21 May 2006, 22:55
    • laupers said...
    • User
    • 21 May 2006, 22:46
    AND, i buy cds!

-Laupie =]
  • All this talk about Madonna keeps reminding me that my best friend is seeing her in concert in 3 hours, without me. *sigh* I wish I had $123891723897 to spend on her tickets :(

Hey, still insist on buying CDs? :) Join the club (or group in this case) :)
    I STILL BUY CDS
  • My name is India

California

I'm a roman candle
    My head is full of flames
  • -name: Nicholas
    -temporary residence: Rah-cha-cha, NY
    -permanent residence: ?
    -employer: soul-eating American corporation
    -pleasures: shows, purchasing CD's, getting out of here
    -why buy cd's: because record store clerks were the original last.fm
    -do you feel guilty for supporting the RIAA: sometimes. a little bird says I downloaded a lot of mainstream music pseudo-legally while I was residing in Sweden. A lot of what I buy now is directly from bands at shows or music that would take more searching for on P2P clients.
    -do you bite: not usually.

< > Re-committing myself to my Scrobblernana Sarey. < >
  • Hi my name is Stefan, 25 years old from Hamburg, Germany and I must admit that I am addicted to music and buying cds.

• mnilu said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2006, 16:53
    Hi, my name is Victor, Living in Madrid, Spain, but hopefully moving to Helsinki, Finland soon.
    Yes, i still buy cd's, although i would buy more if i would work, so I will buy more the period i will be working.
    I still haven't paid, purchased any song on mp3, for me it is not the best way to get a song , and yes, like cd's Mp3s are very exprensive still.
    Cheers!

• Hi, I'm Chris, 35 from Halifax, England.

I still buy CD's because although I have an MP3 player, I like to have something physical to hold when I've spent my hard earned on music. I also have a car with a 6 disc changer and as I drive for work, I really couldn't be bothered to buy a download and then have to conevrt it to WAV to make a playable CD for my car....

Plus, nothing quite as exciting as being able to show your mates a new cd that you've bought and they still haven't got around to buying.......... Or is that just me being slightly evil, twisted and cruel?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.