Most bashed and bullied bands ...?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 May 2009, 21:09
    Jan74 said:
    venushalley said:
    this is not a band... but...

each time this year all musical "intellectuals" crawl out of their holes to criticize how terrible Eurovision song contest is.

4 reasons why Eurovision rules:

Lulu
    ABBA
    Sandie Shaw
    France Gall

Heck, Lulu alone would justify all the years the contest has been going on.

That song by Les Fatals Picards a while back was amazing.
    Eurovision is great :)

• shoulda watched eurovision :(

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jun 2009, 13:48
    Poor MCR. Straight away I thought of them. Also, Extreme. Skid Row. When I was growing up The N.M.E. etc hated my favourite band at the time, Ultravox. They weren't made keen on Gary Numan, either! I'd like to meet some of those critics. Even now. Pretentious cnuts.

• I grew up listening to Nu Metal, and aternative rock, and later to progressive rock and free jazz, i´m kind of used to having people bashing the bands i like, years ago i would react against but now days i just give those bashers and bullys a big F*** You! and problem solved.
    Nine Inch nails and Mr.Reznor are often criticized, they seem to have the same number of haters as they have from fans.
    Korn, i believe someone else already mentioned, it´s every orthodox metalhead nightmare.
    Deftones are sometimes beyond underrated they are almost overshadowed by so much bashing, the average person type doesn´t understand their music, and since they are hard to label people just get pissy and bash.Another "favorite" from bashers is while listening to white pony or Around the fur, the person turns to you and says: a) are we still listening to the same song? b) all songs sound the same c) if you listen to one song i have listened to them all.
    MY bloody valentine, often mistaken for Bullett for my Bloody Valentine ( different bands, somewhat similar name), has almost the same problems as deftones.
    And at last but not least, favorite scape-goat of all times: Fred Durst and his Limp Bizkit!
    This man is a magnet to bashing, haters and everything that comes in between.
    I have never seen something like this, i think it´s far beyond Korn´s problems.
    People doesn´t even consider Limp Bizkit, they just jump into a conclusion and thats that.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Jul 2009, 04:07
    Китай is hated SO MUCH. go look at their artist page. The picture that is up is fake, and all of the tags are insults :/

• Jan74 said...
    • User
    • 6 Jul 2009, 09:33
    geminimann said:
    They weren't made keen on Gary Numan, either! I'd like to meet some of those critics. Even now. Pretentious cnuts.

And they all suck up to Gary Numan and call him genius now. So much for critics.

• Jan74 said...
    • User
    • 6 Jul 2009, 09:37
    Kerwin_Rigby said:
    Nine Inch nails and Mr.Reznor are often criticized,

I gotta confess, I enjoy the occasional provoking of NIN fans, cause they are almost as good as Tool fans when it comes to that. They get all long-winded and defend their band nonstop and talk about musicianship and prowess with instruments and get all technical with talk of the chord progressions and the influence and the innovation etc. They usually tend not to accept you don't like NIN.

Disclaimer: it all starts with an innocent "I don't like [Tool or NIN]" and then always gets a response of "but have you heard [insert song or album they think will completely change my opinion]". I then either have heard it, or go and hear it. Respond with "Nope, still don't like it". That is when it turns into baiting them just for fun, though it started innocently.

• Jan74 said:
    Kerwin_Rigby said:
    Nine Inch nails and Mr.Reznor are often criticized,

I gotta confess, I enjoy the occasional provoking of NIN fans, cause they are almost as good as Tool fans when it comes to that. They get all long-winded and defend their band nonstop and talk about musicianship and prowess with instruments and get all technical with talk of the chord progressions and the influence and the innovation etc. They usually tend not to accept you don't like NIN.

Disclaimer: it all starts with an innocent "I don't like [Tool or NIN]" and then always gets a response of "but have you heard [insert song or album they think will completely change my opinion]". I then either have heard it, or go and hear it. Respond with "Nope, still don't like it". That is when it turns into baiting them just for fun, though it started innocently.

Have you heard all of the Downward Spiral in a row? If not, do it. You'll get what they're all about.

• My chemical Romance, my poor boys ;__;
    They get bashed all the time.
    I love all of their stuff so much (yes I like both their OLD AND NEW MUSIC)!!!
    I remember times, where you could write in their shoutbox without having penisses all around you O.o

• Jan74 said...
    • User
    • 20 Jul 2009, 00:57
    ZoidbergatKHI said:
    Have you heard all of the Downward Spiral in a row? If not, do it. You'll get what they're all about.

No. I can take about 3 songs at a time.

But see, while I often dislike things that are extremely similar to other things I like, and I can see how that would lead people to try and convince me to give those things a chance, I don't listen to anything that sounds remotely like NIN. I don't listen to industrial at all. So at best, it would convince me it is the best band in a genre I still will not play.
    Same with Tool. I don't play any metal, or any progressive music. So a progressive metal band doesn't stand a chance.

• switsea said...
    • User
    • 24 Jul 2009, 14:56
    I don't know about MOST bashed or bullied, but I have run across a fair share of Coldplay haters, which in contrast to the haters, Coldplay is, without a doubt, my favorite band. But I'd have to say when there's several Coldplay hate groups on this site alone, it's a bit sad. There's only a few times before rhyming Coldplay with "gay" gets extremely old, and it's well past that point by now.

• MCR and all that.

ANYTHING affiliated with, related to, sat next to, or looked at by fans of Insane Clown Posse or Psychopathic Records.

Christian zombie vampires.
    • Jan74 said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2009, 19:12
    switsea said:
    I don't know about MOST bashed or bullied, but I have run across a fair share of Coldplay haters, which in contrast to the haters, Coldplay is, without a doubt, my favorite band. But I'd have to say when there's several Coldplay hate groups on this site alone, it's a bit sad. There's only a few times before rhyming Coldplay with "gay" gets extremely old, and it's well past that point by now.

I think the fact that the last Coldplay album was so good probably made the haters more mad than before. Cause a lot of people that didn't even care for Coldplay before had to admit what an excellent album that was.

• Jan74 said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2009, 19:13
    saiducky said:
    That song by Les Fatals Picards a while back was amazing.
    Eurovision is great :)

I forgot another amazing Eurovision discovery: Patricia Kaas

• I think the fact that the last Coldplay album was so good probably made the haters more mad than before. Cause a lot of people that didn't even care for Coldplay before had to admit what an excellent album that was.

haha I don't think thats why

• switsea said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2009, 21:35
    I think the fact that the last Coldplay album was so good probably made the haters more mad than before. Cause a lot of people that didn't even care for Coldplay before had to admit what an excellent album that was.

As a Coldplay fangirl I wish that were the case, that everyone realized their extreme awesomeness, but I have to agree with AlphaRainbow and say that's probably not why. But everyone has their own tastes, it's just the people who think it's their taste or the highway that bug me. You know... all those music snobs (:

• Slipknot, NO CONTEST,

Their shout box is DISGUSTING!!! everything from the typical elitest, to mainstream hater, to "people" (and I use that term lightly) bashing Slipknot with immature Homophobic jokes and even going as far as a few trolls holding a conversation on how great it would be if the entire band died (a few of the ONLY posts the mods felt offensive enough to delete)

• Name ANY remotely Emo band. They have been bashed before. But FOB and MCR stand out the most to me.

Also, Lady Gaga gets a lot of crap lately, mostly from people who are put off by her image and the fact that she actually looks different than most pop stars. Maybe its the nose....

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2009, 08:16
    ICP. Among all that crap in their shoutbox you probably won't find any nice comments. Why trolls can't shut up and realize that ICP aren't for everyone? :( I guess that half of those who diss this band are dissing them just because everyone does it.

• Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus.

• Ooh, ouch. Never thought of them.

I don't see the point in trolling a band's shoutbox. Discussion and critisism are nice, but I hate the idea that pretensious college students can hop online and say whatever trashy, unfounded, and often vulgar insult they want at a band just because that band or artist has chosen to market themselves and make a living.

If something is popular, someone somewhere will be there to call it 'gay', 'stupid', or make some other pointless comment that does nothing to establish a valid point.

Christian zombie vampires.
  • I don't see the point either. If you don't like a band, why waste time making nasty comments on their page? Fair enough having an opinion, but what's the point in going to a place where the fans are going to be, and posting negative stuff? It's just going to annoy the fans.

I hate how people think some bands or singers are automatically more talented than others just because they belong to a certain genre. I mean, I'm in no way a fan of metal or "indie-rock", but there's no denying that the artists are talented. What annoys me is when fans of certain genres think that all pop acts, for example, have no talent, just because they're not a fan of that genre.

• r00dris said...
    • User
    • 6 Aug 2009, 01:12
    Kenny G is bashed by jazz purists and I like his music and his style.

• Jan74 said:

No. I can take about 3 songs at a time.

But see, while I often dislike things that are extremely similar to other things I like, and I can see how that would lead people to try and convince me to give those things a chance, I don't listen to anything that sounds remotely like NIN. I don't listen to industrial at all. So at best, it would convince me it is the best band in a genre I still will not play.
    Same with Tool. I don't play any metal, or any progressive music. So a progressive metal band doesn't stand a chance.

Fair enough. I just really like Nine Inch Nails, if you understand. And Tool.

Stacey2701 said:
    I mean, I'm in no way a fan of metal or "indie-rock", but there's no denying that the artists are talented. What annoys me is when fans of certain genres think that all pop acts, for example, have no talent, just because they're not a fan of that genre.

Yeah, I get how pop fans feel. Being told that metal is 'just noise' or whatever is pretty annoying.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.