Overrated metal bands

• Overrated metal bands

Who do you think is the most overrated metal band?

_Mitchonious_
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Aug 2006, 21:48
    metallica

• Haha! I was hoping someone would say that! I was gonna say it myself but I thought I'd leave it to other members. I think another overrated band is Nirvana.

_Mitchonious_
  • Nirvana were probably the most talentless band in the world, so Nirvana are the most over-rated (if they can be considered metal).

I also think Black Sabbath are a little over-rated. Especially Ozzy. He's not that good really.

• Haha, Nirvana sucks.

_Mitchonious_
  • Yeah, Nirvana definately sucks. Another band that gets too much credit is Yngwie Malmsteen. He's fast, but thats all he's got.

Oh and by the way, OZZY ROCKS.

3=D

Hey, I rule at life.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Sep 2006, 04:06
    It's all subjective, but I can't seem to get into bands like In Flames. I can't stand the screeching/growling/screaming or whatever you want to call it.

And Nirvana is nowhere near metal. Overrated, yes, but metal, no.

• Yeah, its like hippy rock. I cant even understand half of cobains songs when he mumbles.

Hey, I rule at life.
    • MCrue said...
    • User
    • 16 Sep 2006, 12:26
    I'd say Metallica!
    I went to their concert this summer and I was about to fall asleep (well, not really :) but it wasn't anything special.

• right on...

_Mitchonious_
  • dio4president said:
    It's all subjective, but I can't seem to get into bands like In Flames. I can't stand the screeching/growling/screaming or whatever you want to call it.

And Nirvana is nowhere near metal. Overrated, yes, but metal, no.

Just because you don't like a band, doesn't necessarily mean the band is overrated. But In Flames are definitely overated. There are so much better melo death bands out there (who don't get so much attention from their record label :( ). Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates, Wintersun, the list could go on forever. <3 ^^

• Nirvana is derinitely overrated. So is In Flames, they're Ok though. I wanna check out the other other bands you mentioned.

_Mitchonious_
  • Mitchonious said:
    Nirvana is derinitely overrated. So is In Flames, they're Ok though. I wanna check out the other other bands you mentioned.

Nirvana is not even a metal band. Who cares about them? ^^

• yes, I'm aware. The band was brought up earlier in this forum. I don't consider them metal, AT ALL. But they are just overrated.

_Mitchonious_
    • Ramez05 said...
    • User
    • 28 Sep 2006, 22:35
    metallica is definately the most overrated metal band but ozzy osbourne is the most overrated figure in metal. without the brilliant guitarists that have worked with him
    he wouldnt be where he is today.

• yes.

_Mitchonious_
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Sep 2006, 15:45
    Van Halen and Def Leopard are overrated is KISS heavy metal if they are, they are overratted

• They are metal, in my opinion. (Not Van Halen) I love KISS though. I think some of their songs ae overrated.

_Mitchonious_
    • Chemin said...
    • User
    • 1 Oct 2006, 04:46
    In Flames were great at first.. their older albums rocks! But.. then they "morphed into primal" so to speak with their newer albums.. very sad.. so yes, now they are overrated, sad but true.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Nov 2006, 16:12
    I don't think Kiss are overrated any more

• Ramez05 said...
    • User
    • 23 Nov 2006, 10:35
    yeah its not really kiss thats overrated anymore its more of gene simmons.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Jun 2007, 17:19
    whats up with all the ozzy hatin'?
    ozzy could possibly be the greatest figure in metal ever
    in flames are a great band, and they may be over rated but not by the true fans, i know there great but i know there not amazing aswell. its just little metal whores who give awesome bands a bad name.
    and whoever bagged out yngwie is a fool, im asuming you say he is over rated because alot of people hail him as the fastest guitarist ever? well he is, maybe his music is boring but thats not whats is being said
    over rated = trivium

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Jul 2007, 22:45
    metallica, definatelu. Whats so great about them? they are good, but overated.

• metallica, no doubt, but I also think the brain johnson era of AC/DC is over rated only because they seem to be getting more attention even though bon scott was the better singer...

Huddled in the cellar, fear caught in their eyes. Daring not to move or breathe, as the creature cries. Fingernails start scratching on the outside wall. Clawing at the windows, "Come to me" it calls. Atmosphere's electric, as it now descend the stairs. Hiding in the darkness is so futile from its glare. Death comes in an instant, as they hoped it would. Souls ascend to heaven, while it feasts on flesh and blood.

• actually i think avenged sevenfold is pretty overrated, and system of a down gets more shows at ozzfest than otehr great bands do, cough*ironmaidenjudaspriestmegadeth*cough, but dont get me wrong i love system, but i wish some really good artists got as much attention as they did

Huddled in the cellar, fear caught in their eyes. Daring not to move or breathe, as the creature cries. Fingernails start scratching on the outside wall. Clawing at the windows, "Come to me" it calls. Atmosphere's electric, as it now descend the stairs. Hiding in the darkness is so futile from its glare. Death comes in an instant, as they hoped it would. Souls ascend to heaven, while it feasts on flesh and blood.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.