Do you like Mischa Barton? Still love Marissa and wish she was back?

• Do you like Mischa Barton? Still love Marissa and wish she was back?

I know many fans disliked her character by her final days, but did the final episode featuring Marissa change your preception of her? Will you miss her?

Join Mischa Barton if you still love the actress that is Marissa.

• umm good questions.

1. i do like mischa barton and i do think she is a talented actress.

2. i wasnt a huge marissa fan but she definately brought another dimension to the show and that is never a bad thing. I dont wish she was back because i feel as though her characters plotlines were becoming absurb and you could see the writers trying to distance her from the ohter 3. Everyone would have liked marissa to be her usual non-conformist self but i feel that she was wearing slightly thin and the killing off was justified.

3. the final episode didnt change my perception of her as i knew what was happening many months before it aired in the u.k but i thought they made the right decision , drastic action was needed. Because of the poor ratings recieved for last season , the tv network has only ordered 16 episodes and if the ratings dont get back to series 1 + 2 figures it could be the end of the OC and i for one dont want that to happen.

4. i will kinda miss her as she was obviously very beautiful and some of the story lines she was involved in were good (lesbian lovers,chino car robbery etc.) but this was the right decision by MCg , josh schwartz and the gang

• I do like Mischa and I also like Marissa and she was the most riveting character for me. The chemistry between marissa and ryan I really loved. It won't be interesting to me without both of the characters. Although it wouldn't be interesting with Ryan going to college and Marissa going off fishing with her Dad or whatever.

One thing though, the death scene was really lame and banal. I thought it disappointing.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Oct 2006, 23:56
    She's an ostrich.

• Rachel is 100x better but mischa's a good actress.

I'd screw you but I'm afraid you can't afford me.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Oct 2006, 15:03
    fucking bitch.

good that she's dead

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Oct 2006, 03:17
    I disliked her in the first season, but I absolutely loved her in the third. Funny, how it was the other way around for most people. And yes, I wish she was back.

• I do like Mischa, I think she's lovely. But I must say, I envy her of her height&her slim figure. ^^ I'm so DAMN GLAD Marissa is dead, seriously. I couldn't stand her a next season again. She was getting pretty annoying.

• umm... Mischa is a TERRIBLE actress... everythign so fake in acting classes you learn how to come from your center and further your expressivity using source work. It looked like Mischa
    1) didn't have source work
    and
    2) didn't knwo what the fuck she was doign and just did what the director told her to

just because she's a terrible actress doesn't mean I dont' love her... actually, I'm more IN LOVE with her, becasue she is so unbelievably beautiful. And in the show she was kinda sweet.
    God I would do her in a minute.

• oh and did you see those bebe ads?
    I was in LA this summer and I almost ran into the Beverly Center... wow... like i've said so many times she shouldn't act... just model.

• umm... Mischa is a TERRIBLE actress... everythign so fake in acting classes you learn how to come from your center and further your expressivity using source work. It looked like Mischa
    and
    2) didn't knwo what the fuck she was doign and just did what the director told her to

just because she's a terrible actress doesn't mean I dont' love her... actually, I'm more IN LOVE with her, becasue she is so unbelievably beautiful. And in the show she was kinda sweet.
    God I would do her in a minute.

• i don't like her. i never really liked her character, either. but i don't think that i'll like any girl being with ryan except for marissa. but i am glad that she's gone. if that even makes sense.

• I hated Marissa in the 1st season because of the Oliver storyline mainly.Then in the very last episode when she let Ryan go off with Theresa because Theresa needed him even though it hurt her I started to like her.
    The 2nd season I loved her more and more.The episode when her dad left was really sad and when Ryan tryed to get her to be friends with lindsay(who i hated with fiery passion) and marissa reminded him that while it must have seemed like forever that they were together for him it wasnt to her. Those moments made me like her a whole lots more.
    Then in the 3rd season the Johnny thing pissed me off a bit but by that stage she had won me over so I couldnt stay angry.Then when Ryan ran off with Sadie(who i also hated with a fiery passion) rather than being with his girlfriend whose friend had just died and Marissa got left alone I felt really bad for her and liked her even more and she ended up being my favourite character. Which was sucky because a few episodes later she died without even and "I love you" to/from Ryan.

• hidibiditidi said:
    umm... Mischa is a TERRIBLE actress... everythign so fake in acting classes you learn how to come from your center and further your expressivity using source work. It looked like Mischa
    and

Oh my god! I totally agree with you!!!( of course except the last line)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Nov 2006, 10:01
    i love mischa barton, i think she is very talented at acting as well as modelling. and i thought marissa was annoying in and around the first half of season three, but i thought she was amazing in the second half. i wish she hadn't died, she made the show.

• hazy222 said...
    • User
    • 12 Nov 2006, 02:23
    Want her to rise from the dead! Mischa is the shit!

//hazy222
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Jan 2007, 03:46
    I enjoy The O.C. so much more now that Mischa is not on it. She's not a horrible actress, but a better actress could have brought so much more to the character of Marissa. The show is so much more fun and enjoyable now.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jan 2007, 00:13
    I love Mischa and loved Marissa for most of the show. They needed to get ratings up and she wanted to leave... it could have been done better, methinks.

• kjejul said...
    • User
    • 16 Jan 2007, 23:31
    i like her becouse she`s really pretty;) And i really liked her character in the show.

Demented old circus monkey

I dont like her. I dont like Marissa even Mischa. I don't miss Marissa anyways !

• Mischa Barton was an alright actor, i admit not the best. Most people here are downgrading her, I guarentee she's a better actor than most of the people who are complaining about her acting.

I really liked marissa, plus the whole marissa and ryan story line. As season four shows, it lacks a direction in that things happen that just aren't expected or are abit unbelievable. However, when marissa was in it she made it more interesting as to weither her and ryan would hook up or when they'd break up or the different events that they both encountered and tried to deal with. So tbh.. for those who don't like her fair enough, but she has helped the oc in that the storyline without her is abit unbelievable and wishy washy. At least she gave us some good episodes along with the other stars of the show.

• Well, misha may not have been the best actress, but Marissa was a graet person and Misha's role was amazing and I even cried at some of her scenes, especially at the last one. Marissa and Ryan's couple is cutter in my opinion. Mey are more real..

Wake me up! Save me from the nothing I've become...
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Jun 2007, 12:13
    I liked Marissa. Not my favorite character, but she was different and I think that's pretty cool. I hated that they killed her off, that's the reason why the OC ended.

I think Mischa is a good actress.

• aness said...
    • User
    • 21 Jun 2007, 08:17
    Losing a main character is often the beginning of the end, as for The O.C., I think the signs were clear from before. But Mischa leaving the series was the last nail in the coffin. I did like her character in the beginning, but after 1.5 season or so she was kind of nothing to it, although I think maybe they would have aired a few more episodes with her.

• honestly, i was never a huge fan of her and when i heard that someone would die in the last episode of season 3 i always hoped that it would be her.
    in austria i am always about one season behind and there was just this whole johnny stuff when they said that she would actually die. i was quite happy, but honestly, the last 2 or 3 episodes of season 3 i started to like her soooo much and the oc is one of those few things that actually make me cry sometimes. and honestly, when marissa died i burst into tears, though i have never really liked her O.O

Have you hugged my T-shirt today?
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.