HP movie complaints.

• HP movie complaints.

Here you go. Vent.
    I'll start:

They really couldn't just keep the scar in the middle of his forehead, really?! And sure, they could give Mrs. Norris blood red eyes, but they couldn't give Harry emerald green eyes?

• JK Rowling asked that it be placed off centre, as that's how she imagined it, plus it looks cooler that way. Be quiet.

"An adventure is a dangerous experience that leaves you with an interesting story to tell, if you survive." --Michael Banks
    Fan Page
    MySpace Account
    Flixter Account
    Last.fm Account
    Facebox Account
    YouTube Account
    Newgrounds Account
    Twitter Account
  • If that's how she imagined it don't you think that's how it would've been described in the book? Even if that is the case, it switched sides not only from movie to movie, but within the individual movies themselves. No excuse.

• Yes well Snape has a moustache in the books. It was never mentioned either.

And the movies can't get everything right, having to reapply the scar to Radcliffe everyday of the shooting.

F'ya gunna vent about anything it should be the deviations from the book and how somethings in the film aren't explained. I'm not just talking about scenes we'd have liked to see in the movies, but ones that are extrememly relevent, and alot of those have been left out of the sixth movie.

"An adventure is a dangerous experience that leaves you with an interesting story to tell, if you survive." --Michael Banks
    Fan Page
    MySpace Account
    Flixter Account
    Last.fm Account
    Facebox Account
    YouTube Account
    Newgrounds Account
    Twitter Account
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Sep 2010, 20:24
    I have no complaints about Harry Potter movies... They are all great and by the way, it's better for Snape not to have a moustache lol... He would probably look like some random gangster and it would be really weird. For me he would lose all the credibility as the character on the movies. Alan Rickman plays an outstanding role in the movies (without moustache)... It must be totally hard to the make-up artists to do the scar every single day on the same exact place and exactly with the same shape and they do a really great work. The only thing I think they could have done was to put some contact lenses on Daniel Radcliffe... The kid has green eyes, not blue like the actor... But whatever... If a movie would be able to have all the details of a book it would take hours and hours... The screenwriters change and change and change their screenplays until it can be used for a movie and some of the details of the book stay out of the picture... We can't expect from a movie to have everything which is written in the book... It's great to watch the movies and read the books, and find the small differences from the paper to the screen... Those small differences that don't compromise the story... AWESOME MOVIES... :)

• Just the fact that Harry's supposed to have green eyes, but it doesn't bother me that much really.

Also they never had Peeves or S.P.E.W. Peeves is a brilliant character!

• I love the movies. And I'm a fiery defender of them. But I have my bunch of complaints.

Ginny. 5 lines in the whole series and she's a pivotal character.
    The Prophecy. 5 more minutes in GoF and they would have a nicely shaped story and a plot.
    Dumbledore. Not a fahter figure in PoA, GoF and OotP.
    Harry's Patronus. How difficult for them was it to give it a proper shape, huh?
    Barty Crouch. Oh my, what's with his moves?!
    Dobby. What about him?

The burning of the Burrow. Completely unnecessary. But they could have done it really good, make a nice climactic sequence and have Greyback attack Bill there.

Horcruxes. Seriously? Nothing about the history of Voldemort? But so many scenes wasted on smooching and teenage "angst"?

Just a few thoughts. :D

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Oct 2010, 20:23
    I actually agree with milann89 about the burning of the Burrow... What was the propose of it? But anyways... Great movies... :)

• milann89: Horcruxes. Seriously? Nothing about the history of Voldemort? But so many scenes wasted on smooching and teenage "angst"?

Agreed! They only had 2 scenes on young Riddle in the film. Would've been great to see the Gaunt house scene.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Oct 2010, 21:27
    Yes, totally. They should have put more scenes about Voldemort... I wonder how are they going to make Harry go after Helga Hufflepuff's Cup when he was supposed to know already that there was a Cup Tom Riddle had stolen... Maybe they are just going to make Harry find it inside the vault at Gringotts and take it without any explanation?

Personally... I think the movie is good as-is.

• Yeah I found OOTP and HBP left a whole lot of plot out.
    While GOF was just way off the mark in terms of the whole Barty Crouch story, it wasn't really explained.

As for Deathly Hallows, it was a brilliant film. Pity they left out Dudley apologising to Harry, leaving out Lupins attempts to join Harry and Tonks being preggers as well.
    Still think it was the best movie yet though.

Fan Page
    MySpace Account
    Flixter Account
    Last.fm Account
    Facebox Account
    YouTube Account
    Newgrounds Account
    Twitter Account
  • kyoisorange said:
    Also they never had Peeves or S.P.E.W. Peeves is a brilliant character!

:O I've never noticed there was no Peeves!

• In the book HP and the Deathly Hallows There was a troll Ron was using to fool his mom, In Pt.1 there is no troll and the chapter in the book would have been one of the first ten minutes!

• ^Troll? What troll? :S

• z_arax said...
    • User
    • 31 Mar 2012, 14:38
    I don't understand why they weren't able to give Lily and Harry green eyes- I mean it was quite a big part of the books.
    'You have your mother's eyes.'
    You have blue eyes and your mother's eyes are brown- makes total sense.

i eat brains for breakfast.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.