• User
    • 14 Jan 2009, 18:51

Dark Knight Soundtrack

The Dark Knight soundtrack was a collaboration between Hans Zimmer and
    James Newton Howard. Hans Zimmer is responsible for Oscar-award
    winning scores for movies such as Rain Man, Driving Miss Daisy, The
    Lion King, Gladiator and Pirates of the Caribbean. James Newton
    Howard is a master of the suspense score genre, being the creator of
    the soundtracks for all of M Night Shyamalan's movies.
    A whole lot of work went into the making of the soundtrack for this
    movie. The creators were against making a typical superhero movie OST
    that the viewers would hum, because that would take away from the
    twisted, tortured feel of the movie. They wanted to create something
    that the fans of the movie could listen to and create a picture of
    their own, without even watching the movie.
    Samples of the score can be heard at http://www.thedarkknightscore.com/.

What do you guys think of it?

• I felt like some of the best score nominations this year could have easily been replaced with TDK, like Milk for instance. Before the nominations were revealed I was sure Zimmer and Newton would get their nod and maybe even win the oscar. Perhaps the temporary disqualifying hampered their chances?

• Aruetha said...
    • User
    • 21 Apr 2009, 21:04
    Now i'm listening this soundtrack, from this movie...and i love it. it's not good, that hans zimmer did not have an oscar for this music...

• I felt like some of the best score nominations this year could have easily been replaced with TDK
    I think TDK could have replaced Slumdog Millionaire.... I really don't understand all the fuss about that movie, and I didn't like the soundtrack. TDK is better =/

• I think that The Dark Knight really deserved the Oscar because it's much better than Slumdog OST... We can feel real emotions when we listen to Harvey's Two Face, we can feel the madness of Joker and so on, and I didn't feel anything during listening to Slumdog. I think that it has got the Oscar because it's got the Oscars for everything and they didn't want to make an exception:)

• maria2808 said:
    I think that The Dark Knight really deserved the Oscar because it's much better than Slumdog OST... We can feel real emotions when we listen to Harvey's Two Face, we can feel the madness of Joker and so on, and I didn't feel anything during listening to Slumdog. I think that it has got the Oscar because it's got the Oscars for everything and they didn't want to make an exception:)
    I agree. The movies that are released at the near end of the year always end up getting too much attention. Avatar getting "best drama" is another classic example. =\

• Its a wonderful score!!
    Watch this movie about it, it's nice to see the background of creating such a piece!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.