Upcoming album

• Matajas said...
    • User
    • 19 Aug 2010, 10:36

Upcoming album

What would you want it to be like? :)

Something Wicked This Way Comes
  • Like the first album. By the way, my favourite :)

|Vin, kvinnor och sång|
    Будь реалистом — требуй невозможного
    • Matajas said...
    • User
    • 2 Sep 2010, 18:15
    I would more like it to be like No Sacrifice, No Victory. I feel hungry for more songs like that :)

• I think it would be best if they combine the power and slightly anachronistic 80's feel of some of the songs from No Sacrifice, No Victory with the speedier style of the Legacy of Kings era.

But no matter what it sounds like, the further away from Threshold they get the happier I'll be.

• Matajas said...
    • User
    • 3 Sep 2010, 20:59
    What's wrong in Threshold? It's awesome (like all albums)

• To me, Threshold seemed to lack a lot of the power and passion that their other albums were filled with. The drumming was fairly lackluster, and too many of the songs get too boring too fast. There are some good tracks on there, like The Fire Burns Forever and Genocide, but overall I find it to be the weakest of all Hammerfall releases.

Of course, that doesn't mean it's bad--the worst Hammerfall album is still hundreds of times better than most modern music--it was just my least personal favorite. I probably just like speedy songs too much...

• Matajas said...
    • User
    • 4 Sep 2010, 11:03
    Ah, I see. Well, I love Threshold ;)
    And I like your idea of combining styles of NSNV with Legacy of Kings

• To Threshold's credit, I listened to the whole thing again last night and I will admit that my first impressions were probably too negative. It's still not my favorite of their albums, but it's better than I thought it was.

Also I would really appreciate if on the new album they went back to using Eb tuning...mainly because I keep my main guitar tuned that way and it's a pain to change, so the fact that NSNV was in D frustrated me when I started learning to play the songs on it. Whatever though, that's just the lazy guitarist in me talking.

• Matajas said...
    • User
    • 3 Oct 2010, 20:03
    Use capo :P
    hah, I wonder how would Dropped C Hammerfall sound like :D

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.