Favourite Track

• ITFCJez said...
    • User
    • 4 Mar 2006, 23:13

Favourite Track

Just wondering what everyone's favourite tracks are from the following albums are. Mine are:

Whole Oats: No particular favourite.
    Abandoned Luncheonette: I'm Just A Kid (Don't Make Me Feel Like A Man
    War Babies: No particular favourite
    The Silver Album: Camellia
    Bigger Than The Both Of Us: Do What You Want, Be What You Are
    Beauty On A Back Street: Why Do Lovers Break Each Other's Hearts?
    No Goodbyes: When The Morning Comes
    Live Time: Rich Girl
    Along The Red Ledge: I Don't Wanna Lose You
    X-Static All You Want Is Heaven
    Voices: How Does It Feel To Be Back
    Private Eyes: Looking For A Good Sign
    H2O Italian Girls
    Rock n Soul: Say It Isn't So or Wait For Me (live)
    Big Bam Boom: Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid
    Live @ The Apollo Every Time You Go Away
    Ooh Yeah!: Everything Your Heart Desires
    Change Of Season: Don't Hold Back Your Love
    Marigold Sky Romeo Is Bleeding
    VH-1 Behind The Music: Maneater
    Do It For Love: Getaway Car
    Our Kind Of Soul: I'll Be Around

What are your favourites?

• Anything off of the Best of Hall and Oates

• Well I think I need to get this thread going....

My favorite Hall and Oates song use to be "Maneater" but as I started getting more into their songs, I started to realize how great "Say It Ain't So" really is. I can't stop listening to it and I love the beat to the song.

Other favs are "Kiss is on my List" and "Private Eyes"

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Oct 2006, 23:18
    I've collected sixteen tunes at random so I can't identify which albums they are from, but my favorite of these is Private Eyes, then Rich Girl, Sarah Smile, and on down the line. I think they are all great - looking forward to hearing a lot more of H&O

• ITFCJez said...
    • User
    • 20 Oct 2006, 07:37
    Subw00fer said:
    Well I think I need to get this thread going....

My favorite Hall and Oates song use to be "Maneater" but as I started getting more into their songs, I started to realize how great "Say It Ain't So" really is. I can't stop listening to it and I love the beat to the song.

I think Say It Isn't So is one of my all-time favourites. I've got an acoustic version of it which is absolutely amazing!!!

Although it's a clear favourite, I do go through phases as H&O's music has varied over the years. Recently gone through a big Private Eyes album phase, and I quite like the H2O album, with "Go Solo" being my mobile's ringtone.

I'm also a big fan of "Don't Hold Back Your Love", I love the guitar in it.

• ITFCJez said...
    • User
    • 20 Oct 2006, 07:37
    Subw00fer said:
    Well I think I need to get this thread going....

By the way, welcome to the group!

• I thought it was about time I made my contribution :o)

I have to say I do like Private Eyes and Say It Isn't so. Jez has also recently introduced me to a lot of songs I didn't know and Everything Your Heart Desires is quite a nice track.

My favourite however still remains Out Of Touch.

• Hi, I'm new to Last.fm.

We liked all the Hall & Oates songs as we heard them. "(I'm Just a Kid) don't Make me Feel Like a Man" was a non top 40 bonus on Abandoned Luncheonette, and "Sara's Off on a Turnaround" was great too. "Maneater" was a great song and got a lot of play for titilation value -- we knew some DJs and they loved pattering on it.

• Being a big H&O fan I suppose it's only fair I make my voice heard.
    For me, Out Of Touch is my absolute favourite. And my preference is for the full length version including the transition. Masterpiece.
    But I realized a few days ago what a magic number Back Together Again always has been.
    Let's not forget Say It Isn't So.
    Better stop before I go OTT.
    PS: Kiss On My List.................pure magic.

• Private Eyes. Always has been.

---
    "Love is just a bus, just a bus you can't catch"

"In many ways I'm the burden, that divides us from the light
    In many ways you're the halo, that keeps my spirit alive"
  • My current favorite...

Hey all,
    Just joined, HUGE Hall & Oates fan here, have been since I was 8 years old :). Sooo many good tracks from my favorite band, but the current favorite of mine is "Open All Night"! Daryl's voice is just so damn good on that song, and I love the ending where he is singing all the 'ad lib' stuff like "baby it's too far to fall, I don't want to hear it at all". Just a-m-a-z-i-n-g for me!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.