• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 5 Oct 2009, 21:56
    Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • esc4p1st said...
    • Event Moderator
    • 5 Oct 2009, 22:20
    Well, the problem seemed to be the ringtone links that Wikia introduced at varying places on the pages, but I've now hacked the script to ignore them. When I get the time, I'll probably revert to searching using the API, now that it has been reenabled, and the script should work better.

• Things like this, therefore you, make me feel lucky!

• Check this out

OK. Here's an interesting problem. Right now, for me, it works on some songs but not others. Let me explain.

For Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly I see no lyrics. Yet, when I click on "edit," I can see that the lyrics are already there in wikia. Thus there is no point in my adding them. They are there, I just don't see them using the lyrics greasemonkey script.

YET, when I look at Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl, I can see the lyrics just fine on the song page. And, incidentally, when I hit "edit," I can see them on the same style of wikia page as used for the lyrics for Elusive Butterfy, which I can't see as noted above.

SO, I think I may have an intermittent problem with this script. How about you? Can you see the lyrics on the Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly song page?

• esc4p1st said...
    • Event Moderator
    • 8 Oct 2009, 16:04
    I can actually , yes.

• Fascinating. I "Elusive Butterfly" to work just now on my home machine. At work, I can't; even after clearing my browser cache and cookies and logging out of last.fm.

It must be something about the server where I work. Good!

Thanks again, esc4p1st!

• The script only seems to work if the case of the Last.fm pages matches the case of the LyricWiki pages (including both the band name and song title), and LyricWiki has A Ridiculous Policy Of Capitalising The First Letter Of Every Word.

Can this be fixed?

• esc4p1st said...
    • Event Moderator
    • 6 Dec 2009, 15:16
    Sure. As intended, I now went back to querying the Wikia API to get proper lyrics page URL's. However, the API seems to enforce the uppercasing policy too, so it doesn't find all pages.

I also fixed the passing of artist names and titles with spaces to the search page.

• steejin said...
    • User
    • 2 Feb 2010, 12:52
    It doesn't work at all again.
    But I can't figure out why...

Or is this only me?

• Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 2 Feb 2010, 20:18
    It seems to be working fine here.

• steejin said...
    • User
    • 2 Feb 2010, 21:19
    Hmm, it's working again now. It probably was a temporary problem.
    Sorry for bothering.

• EDIT: Haha, nevermind, I'm a bit slow sometimes. :)

• Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 1 Jun 2010, 23:19
    I guess the script is broken because of the beta track pages. There's probably not much point fixing it until the beta is over.

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 2 Jun 2010, 02:30
    This isn't as elegant, but is still working.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • esc4p1st said...
    • Event Moderator
    • 12 Jul 2010, 01:33
    Yeah, never had time to look for a proper fix, after I saw that they messed up the structure of the track pages pretty badly. It's back in business now though, no update needed.

• Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 6 Feb 2011, 20:17
    This is working well for my new song, I'm impressed as always!

• Super THANK YOU

I think that the title say it all: Super THANK YOU! It's a super cool script

• Pure awesome - love this script. It's also helpful for some of the thread games. :)

• Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 12 Dec 2011, 00:55
    Bump because there was an update to this script a few months ago and I only just noticed.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.