Goo Goo Doll Concert

• Goo Goo Doll Concert

Who has gone to a Goo Goo Doll concert and what did you think of it?

• CissiN said...
    • User
    • 29 May 2006, 18:43

I have!

It was the best thing I've ever been to in my whole life. It's undeniable that they are a great rock band. I went to see them when they came to Stockholm last week and I still can't believe that I got the chance to see them. Never thought that they would come to Sweden on this tour.

I'm so in to them, which made the experience even more perfect. John is so sexy and has got the most wonderful voice in the music industry.

it's in my soul, it's what I need
    • Spirits said...
    • User
    • 1 Jun 2006, 11:20

tonight!

I'm going to the bham gig tonight. Anyone been to the other UK dates?

• Squeee, I went to the Bham gig at the Carling Academy last night and it was just fantastic. I've only started going to gigs recently, and never something that big - to have my first largeish gig be GGD was awesome.

I posted a few pictures on my blog over here - http://hesternal.wordpress.com/2006/06/02/and-what-you-are-is-beautiful/#respond - photos are poor quality, but at least the lights are pretty.

I have to say the best part of it for me was hearing Iris live. I'd been waiting a very, very long time to hear that. :)

• Quoth hesternal:
    I posted a few pictures on my blog over here - http://hesternal.wordpress.com/2006/06/02/and-what-you-are-is-beautiful/#respond - photos are poor quality, but at least the lights are pretty.

I was at the B'ham gig too! I'm pretty sure I can see my arms in some of those photos... I was right at the front! I haven't got round to having my photos developed yet though. It was a brilliant gig, well worth the six and a half hour wait in the queue for! I was so happy that they played Slide and Black Balloon!

• Woah, six hours? Impressive. We only got there about quarter to six, I think... and didn't get a bad position, considering. And I'm glad we went for the floor, rather than the balcony around - it's just not the same experience without all the ecstatic sweaty people.

Slide and Black Balloon were great. I think they got a good mix of new album to old ones, too. I was trying to put together what order they sung them, but my memory's fuzzy about it. Started and ended with LLL-album ones, played Iris about halfway through, and that's about all I can remember.

• Woah, six hours? Impressive. We only got there about quarter to six, I think... and didn't get a bad position, considering. And I'm glad we went for the floor, rather than the balcony around - it's just not the same experience without all the ecstatic sweaty people.

Slide and Black Balloon were great. I think they got a good mix of new album to old ones, too. I was trying to put together what order they sung them, but my memory's fuzzy about it. Started and ended with LLL-album ones, played Iris about halfway through, and that's about all I can remember.

• Spirits said...
    • User
    • 3 Jun 2006, 19:21
    Hehe, I got there at like 7 and somehow squirmed my way to about 3 or 4 from the front. Was amazing tho, I really loved Better Days. The crowd was singing Iris a bit too loud, my ears hurt so much after that song, lol. Big disappointment was no pre-DUTG stuff, especially no Name.

Definitely the most insane crowd I've ever seen, and it was SO HOT AND SWEATY!

• Spirits said...
    • User
    • 3 Jun 2006, 19:24
    btw hes, love the ghost arms photo, lol

• I dunno, I wasn't to sure about the order of the set, I think Iris would have been better as part of the encore instead of Give a little bit... in fact I don't really think they should play Give a little bit, but that might be because I love the original version...

Another thing that annoyed me were some of the people there... every break in the songs they were all shouting 'we love you Johnny' even after Robby's songs... so yeah if anyone heard someone shout 'I love you Robby' that was me because he was absolutely ace and I think he deserves just as much respect as John.

I can't wait to get me photo's done though!! I'm soo glad they played Slide!

• Yeah, I'd thought they might have done Iris as an encore - tbh after they played it, I was scared that was going to be the end. Give a Little Bit is possibly the only song they do that I really don't like - my friend suggests this is because that's because it's not 'miserable' enough, but... it's definitely missing some of the bite that original GGD songs have.

I prefer John's voice to Robby's, but they both have some great songs. And on a more superficial note, Robby's hair wins over any other hair I've ever seen.

And gah, no Name. Must find another GGD concert to go to in the hopes of hearing that one too. And Here is Gone!

• Went to Rthe Brixton gig (on the 3rd). Crazy gig. I saw them at the Astoria back in 2002 and although not quite as good a gig as back then it was pretty damn good.
    They played Iris as the last song before the Encore last time so it caught me off gaurd in the middle of the set.
    I too was a bit dissapointed with the lack of pre dizzy stuff. No Naked, Long Way Down, Name or Falling Down. But i guess with the new album they are here to showcase that and we may just have to wait for a greatest hits tour.
    Im also not a fan of Give a little bit. I was suprised they had that in and not a bigger hit like Name of Here is Gone.

However enough moaning. Iris was incredible once again and the atmosphere was just buzzing. Robbie sang better than last time and really got the croud going in tucked away. the only real dissapointment? We'll have to wait so long for another british gig.

I must also say the support band "Director" were excellent. that guy can really sing live.

PS: whoever brought some "black balloons" to bounce around the crowd was a genius

• Spirits said...
    • User
    • 5 Jun 2006, 20:01
    I felt the Director guy sang a bit monotone at the bham gig, maybe it was a bad night, maybe it was just me.

I was slightly disappointed at the sound quality actually, we caught quite a lot of static/noise and could hardly hear robby (and claire, if u heard someone else scream robby it was probably me).

I'm not a huge fan of Give a Little Bit but I thought it was alright on the night. Had "Become" stuck in my head all night tho!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Aug 2006, 03:04
    I only saw the Goo's at the CC show on 6/24 and it was brilliant. I left after the Goo's finished though. I didnt bother waiting for the Counting Crows. I never cared about them. Sorry.

I'm going to try to make it to the House of Blues concert on December 30th at Anaheim to experience the show with the Goo's headlining this time. I hope the tickets arent too expensive. :( I'll be going while I'm vacationing at L.a.

• I just got back from the goo goo doll concert and GOODNESS GRACIOUS it was GREAT! They played ALL my favorites and they were very entertaining! I don't know what his name is, but the guy with long black hair was so funny (if you can help me with his name that would be great)But it was definatly better than I had expected.

• Single_Mee... perhaps the man you have in mind is the bassist, Robby Takac? He's fantastic, and the original vocalist for the Goo Goo Dolls, back in the old days.

I'm going to see the Goos in concert this Friday. How excited am I? Extremely, my dears.

• Saw the Goos last Friday (like I mentioned I would above). The show was phenomenal, but the set was all too short. Only one hour? How sad...

Got in some bizarre car wreck after the show. We flew off a highway ramp. What an ending to a GGD concert, huh?

• I'm going to see them this December.

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
  • What show are you going to? I'm seeing them on 12/1.

• I'm seeing them on the first too! They're playing in Boston.

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon

• "Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
  • Oh weird! We'll be going to the same show. :)

What a little community last.fm is, I met people who went to the same Red Hot Chili Peppers show as me this past weekend too.

The GGD show should be fantastic! ^^ Did you get good seats?

• Unfortuately all I could really afford was the balcony, so I'm not sure how it will turn out. But I'm sure it's going to be a great show anyway. :)

Also that's really awesome that we're going to see the same show. I know someone else from last.fm who's going to see them there as well! It's a small world isn't it?

• It is! :) Aren't the prices the same no matter where you sit if you bought the tickets from Ticketmaster? As far as I know, all tickets were $32.50 (or something around that area)... I'm not sure about front row seating prices, though. Those probably sold for a bit more.

It is a small world! How exciting. :) I'll be in Row N, I think... still a bit of a ways from the stage, but you're right-- it'll be an awesome show nonetheless.

• I went to two.

OMG is all I can say ;D

Although at the second concert half of it was sung and played off-key, including backing guitars and John's vocals. I think it was a mistke on the tech's side, because the first time it wasn't like that, but if that didn't spoil the night for me, it must have been AMAZING anyway :P

You ate the bog roll last night. You said it would save time in the morning.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.