Possible pieces of all lights f$@cked on the hairy amp drooling

• Possible pieces of all lights f$@cked on the hairy amp drooling

My cousin and I recently cleaned out the apartment of my recently deceased uncle
    He was kind enough to entrust his substantial record and other audio collection to myself, hundreds of records accumulated over the 63 years of his life in cardboard boxes now litter my rooms and car
    I am torn between my utter inability to shed off the memories these discs hold for me, and the sad fact I am logistically unable to store this collection
    I am in the process of discering what I will be able to keep and what must find a new home
    Amoung all this are a number of cd cases containing thousands of discs
    Picking through one labeled 1995-2000 I came upon a number of GYBE! Recordings
    One was labeled "g! All lights" in sharpie
    I instantly loaded it into my computer and listended
    It's contents:
    A 5:27 long track with a monologue which seems to be the same individual recorded on "sleep" followed by noise and the mosquito esque thing from east Hastings, but different
    A 2:43 track which is mute until 1:15 where someone with a quebeciouse accent says : "I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do, what kind of thing should I do? What's my motivation?" and proceeds to play bajo and speak till the end of the track
    Following this is a meaner, harsher, less refined, (live) version of "stati" which is profoundly moving
    A 12:17 track which is simmiler nature of the one described above of "sleep"
    It closes with the same 5:27 track repeated

My question: what is this? Are these semi live recordings the musted sought all lights f@&cked?
    I would be happy to disseminate these tracks to anyone who wants a listen

• pushit said...
    • User
    • 11 Dec 2010, 14:23
    Well that certainly sounds interesting. Seems strange that there would be tracks that are alike Lift Your Skinny Fists.. tracks but you never know w/ GYBE. I would definitely be extremely interested in recieving a copy if you have it on your computer and are willing to share.

• theDPRK said...
    • User
    • 7 Jan 2011, 02:09
    Please upload this to Mediafire, pronto!

• HYDRE said...
    • User
    • 9 Jan 2011, 23:14
    please, where are you hiding ?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Jan 2011, 03:07
    This is quite intriguing. As the others in this thread have suggested, you should definitely upload this to Mediafire, pronto.

I seem to have some idea, however, of the contents of the 2:43 song. If I'm not mistaken, that is "L'espace Au Sol Est Redessine Par D'immenses Panneaux Bleus" by Fly Pan Am, off the aMAZEzine 7" split they did with Godspeed for the August 1998 issue of the magazine.

It all seems to fit with the track I have on iTunes: about 1:15 of silence, until the "I don't know what to do" monologue, followed by a few plucks of the banjo.

As for the other two tracks though, I am compelled to hear them.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Jan 2011, 03:15
    Looking back through my post, I realized something else. The 5:27 track that you say is included twice may be the second and final track on the aMAZEzine split I referenced earlier. It's a tune called "Sunshine + Gasoline", and it seems to fit the criteria which the OP mentioned.

Now what remains is this 12 minute piece...

• The banjo piece is from the vinyl edition of F# A# (infinity). It's at the end of side 1. (It's not included on the CD release) As for the other pieces I'm not sure.

• plz gimme gimme 3:

[Glockenspiel Duet Recorded on a Campsite In Rhinebeck, N.Y.]
    聴覚障害天国ファック
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Mar 2012, 03:51
    The guy's gone. I'm pretty sure it was a lie.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.