favorite godspeed moment?

• i would have to say BBF3, the whole song is just beautiful

Come see what we all talk about.
  • sleeeeeeeeeeep ...of course

• Sliv18 said...
    • User
    • 20 Sep 2007, 03:45
    At 5:33 of Antennaes to heaven of Lift your skinny fists... That whole album is my favourite thing ever released.

• -BBF3
    -the end of Sleep from about 18 minutes on, especially the drums
    -the absolute explosion in Antennas to Heaven
    but maybe my favorite godspeed moment of all is the feeling i get after any song has ended and i'm just lying in bed with my eyes closed wondering how anything in the world can be that wonderful.

• Workuta said...
    • User
    • 16 Oct 2007, 21:14
    I think that the most beautiful moment of Godspeed's career is "Monheim", a part of "Sleep"... For me, one of the most beautiful moment in the modern music

• The intro to Dead Flag Blues .. but so much of GY!BE is so good it's difficult to call.

• Mesko said...
    • User
    • 20 Oct 2007, 09:52
    I really love their samples and spoken parts.

• I really like Storm 00.00 til Antennas To Heaven 18.57 from Lift Yr.

• I'd go with Chart #3 from Static (Starts @ 4:30). The combination of the strings and the voice of the preacher create such a mood of despair and hope at the same time. Amazing movement.

This is a signature.
    • pitic0 said...
    • User
    • 23 Nov 2007, 04:35
    I can't pick one, what I do remember was the first time I listined to godspeed, it wasn't just 1 day, it was like a week. I use to be in the deftones msg board. and said somthing like: someone recomend me somthing thta will blow me away or somthing like that. someome said godspeed you black emperor. i had a telephone conection, back then and was using, i-mesh i think, or kazaa, or napster, I cant remember what it was, and I was like 2 days to download somthing because the songs were just to long, and my conection sucked, so I used to listen to the unfineshed traks, to se if it was worth downloading.

I couldn't understan what I was listing to. there was violins, celllos, and guitarrs, it was rock, it was nice, but heavy, and I listend to people talking through speakers in a supermarket, and people talking in a strange language, i didnt understand what I was listing to. like for 1 month I downloded every song I could, although I didnt have the cd's just seperate traks. I remember crying one night because it was so beautiful.

They changed the way I look at music and everythig else. it was an actual big change in my life.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Nov 2007, 17:37
    not a huge fan of GY!BE but
    was recommended some stuff from a friend and Im glad I checked it out
    indeed some GY!BE tracks though truly blow my my mind and there are some magical moments
    favourite has to be 09-15-00(part one) the part at about 9:25--the key change thing is really too good.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Nov 2007, 22:55
    Sleep
    0:00 - 23:18

• Pazi said...
    • User
    • 29 Nov 2007, 22:18
    At the moment it's either Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls or Sleep (especially the ending).

• 13.13 of BBF3
    i got a near fit shiver last night right at that moment.
    strange.

• Boginn said...
    • User
    • 5 Dec 2007, 19:55

Re:favorite godspeed moment?

tbwngbkeith said:
    i thought it'd be cool to see what everyone's favorite godspeed moment is. maybe you like one song better than all the others? maybe there's one part of a song that always gives you the chills when it comes on? let's hear it.

my favorite godspeed moment would have to be 6:58-12:08 of "Storm" (track 1 on 'lift yr. skinny fists')... love it.

My favorite was Storm Part 1 from 'lift yr. skinny fists'at a Concert in Reykjavík,the beginning of the first concert.
    Gave me chills and healing,the likes of Untiteld 8 by
    Sigur Rós.
    But on a Record it's Moya...Love that song.

Jesus is A Good name To Moan
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Dec 2007, 05:18
    Motherfucker=Redeemer (Part Two) at 6.02 when the heavy beat kicks in is just great.. but i think the best has to be moya. it gives me shivers :D

• Around midway through east hastings where the drumming quickens pace and such.

gives me goosebumps.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2007, 08:20
    It has to be Sleep in its entirety for me, hands down. But another moment I love the lone french horn at the end of 'The Cowboy...', gets me every time.

• Kepo_cz said...
    • User
    • 24 Dec 2007, 13:51

BBF3 12:05

maybe it´s diferent clime here in Czech republic cause anyone of you didn´t mention THIS moment in BBF3 and for me it´s definitely the most exciting second in GYBE´s craft

• ummm...

never mind

"30,000 Leagues Under the Scene" out now: last.fm | Bandcamp
  • Definitely the intro monologues to Sleep and Dead Flag Blues.

Storm in its entirety is incredible, but my favorite moment is 3:11, when the drums come in after that beautiful intro. I first heard Storm about three years ago, and I have yet to find a more perfect moment than that, it's like heaven every single time.

When The World Is Sick
    Can't No One Be Well
    But I Dreamt We Were All
    Beautiful And Strong
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Jan 2008, 19:03
    The first two movements of Storm are just insane when in the right mood. Just as the first movement of The Dead Flag Blues or Slow Riot For New Zero Canada when the mood is slightly darker. Those are probably my picks.

• just joined...

as has been said before...there's so much beauty it's really hard to pick any one moment.
    While reading the thread I skipped through my iPod to check out all the moments you guys mentioned....and all of them are linked somehow to both my fondest and saddest memories ....listening to that stuff can be painful sometimes.

My personal favorite would be Dead Flag Blues – just because it's the first GY!BE song I listened to and the opening monologue really is timeless. And I absolutely adore the last minutes of Providence, the eerie "where are you going?" part and the way it finally melts into a locked groove (on the LP version). First time I listened to it I was so entranced it took me half an hour to notice...lol

sorry long post, and my first;-)

EDIT ...and "Sleep". Which is what I'm listening to right now. And when I saw them live of course.

• The first 12 minutes of Storm and Moya, the whole song. And maybe the climax of Static.

• Vilicus said...
    • User
    • 22 Jan 2008, 03:10
    Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls, all of Sleep, and BBF3.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.