favorite godspeed moment?

• on "hung as the oven in maida" bout 6 minutes into it when that violin moans and beautifully emotional sound n tha drums get well fast. n then afterwards when tha guy talks bout god. i'm not religious but when that crazy guy does that speech it really is just so beautiful.

• so many, but for me, the intro/violin/spoken-word part of dead flag blues, and about 10:00-17:00 of static. incredible.

• gonzali said...
    • User
    • 19 Aug 2006, 03:31
    Every single moment of "Blaise Bailey Finnegan III"... It's really weird that none of you find it worthful of one mention... It's a very strong song, and also very melodic... There is a communion between the music and the voice of the 'preacher'... Very delightful and very, very recommended

I still wave at the dots on the shore. I still beat my head against the wall... I'm a shade, and easy to ignore...
    • oorza said...
    • User
    • 20 Aug 2006, 06:59
    5:34 of Antennas off of Lift...

When the music finally breaks after building all that tension... it's fucking orgasmic

• paaj said...
    • User
    • 20 Aug 2006, 17:33
    gonzali said:
    Every single moment of "Blaise Bailey Finnegan III"... It's really weird that none of you find it worthful of one mention... It's a very strong song, and also very melodic... There is a communion between the music and the voice of the 'preacher'... Very delightful and very, very recommended

This is my favorite as well. Especially the poem (lyrics of a Iron Maiden song) I really enjoy all of the songs, but that one is my favorite

• 5. The mid-song climax of "Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls"

4. The joyful ending of "The Dead Flag Blues"

3. The terrifying ending of "East Hastings"

2. When the drums start to kick in on "Moya"

1. The ending of "Antennas to Heaven". The ultimate album closer.

• gonzali said...
    • User
    • 23 Aug 2006, 20:48
    paaj said:

This is my favorite as well. Especially the poem (lyrics of a Iron Maiden song) I really enjoy all of the songs, but that one is my favorite

I didn't know that the poem was an Iron Maiden song... Very nice piece of knowledge...

I still wave at the dots on the shore. I still beat my head against the wall... I'm a shade, and easy to ignore...
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Aug 2006, 03:52
    gonzali said:
    paaj said:

I didn't know that the poem was an Iron Maiden song... Very nice piece of knowledge...

Neither did GY!BE when they made the track :D Maiden didn't get worked up about it, to their credit.

• Monheim (on sleep) is my absolute favorite! I've even fashioned my slsk name after it. Ahhhhh. I love it to death. And Tazer Floyd is great as well.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Sep 2006, 21:36
    the first time i heard the lyric "they dont sleep anymore on the beach"

• One of the most fascinating moments in my life
    was the first listening to a godspeed song

it was rockets fall on rocket falls, and it was about 3 o'clock in the night. Was sitting in my bed with my mouth open..

After the last sound of the song (I was listening to the radio!!) I directly downloaded it and listened to it all night and many,many other nights.

With every new Godspeed song I thought there couldn't be any better song on this world..it's just unbelievable what you can do with music instruments.

I think the favourite moment is in east hasting from
    about 6.47 till 11.00

Just wondering that nobody has mentioned Motherfucker=Redeemer, c'mon!
    the beginning and the build up is just adorable

• They played Godspeed on the radio??

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Sep 2006, 14:22
    Motherfucker=Redeemer was what got me into Godspeed, Yanqui U.X.O. was the first album I heard.

• Gilaventi said:
    They played Godspeed on the radio??

Yeah, they did.
    It was on the german radio station called "Deutschlandfunk" ("German broadcast")
    The show was called
    "Rock etc. - Guitar noise as calculation.." Oo

• Moya

• jmuse said...
    • Subscriber
    • 17 Oct 2006, 05:37

a moment...

At 12:34 in "09-15-00 (Part One)" there's a lovely change. I don't know enough about music to characterize it correctly: key change? On my guitar it sounds like a melody in Am to one in A, a minor to a major key?

Listen and let me know how best to describe this....

j

• Moya, Monheim, World Police And Friendly Fire, the opening movement of Storm, the last movements of sleep & antennas to heaven, the "where are you going" bit in Providence, the sad mafioso, the climax of rocket falls on rocket falls... gah too many beautiful godspeed moments to choose from

• Nearco said...
    • Subscriber
    • 19 Oct 2006, 22:55
    Monheim, Moya and the opening five minutes of Rockets Fall.

• personally, it would be 7:40 to 8:00 of Providence, the most glorious horn section i've heard.

Limpidus ET Copiosus
  • Moya
    + The dead flag blues intro & outro.

• 1. The Ending of Antennas to Heaven - I fucking cry when I hear that.

2. Motherfucker=Redeemer (Part One) - The amazing build-up at the beginning and then it changes to such a sad chord progression. When the bass kicks in at about 10:00... I... die? I think I die for a second...

3. Storm (Cancer Towers on Holy Road Hi-Way) - This part is the perfect ending to this song. It's so... fucking... sad...

• VanQuattro said:
    on "hung as the oven in maida" bout 6 minutes into it when that violin moans and beautifully emotional sound n tha drums get well fast. n then afterwards when tha guy talks bout god. i'm not religious but when that crazy guy does that speech it really is just so beautiful.

it didn't occur to me we were 'allowed' to say "Hung Over...", lol. i think i'd put the whole track up there with the ending of 'sleep' as my favourite ever. in a way it was kind of cool to see its component parts resurface on "...Skinny Fists..." but i still prefer the rendering of the session version.

"30,000 Leagues Under the Scene" out now: last.fm | Bandcamp
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Oct 2006, 23:29
    The entire Moya piece is one of my favorites but I can't forget to mention Storm. Beautiful songs.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Oct 2006, 23:55
    Moya, when I first really listened to it, (which would have been about the fourth time I heard it through) and the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end, and I shivered.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Oct 2006, 04:45
    When the drumming starts up on Sleep, I get chills all through my body, especially when he kicks into the snare line, it's just the most powerful shit I can think of.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.