Most annoying mistag

• Gothic is the most anojing tag ever, i can tell you.
    Its soooo anojing. Darkwave is the same, soooo anoying too.

• i love this group and it's OCD pledge to clean up last. also please don't strive to eliminate hilarious tags.

• Another one here that hates the "trash" instead of "thrash". Thrash is not trash e.e

And... all those tags that aren't part of the title, especially (Bonus). I simply hate it.

• it annoys me when people write Bjork instead of Björk

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live. -Mark Twain
  • [unknown] instead of ...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 May 2011, 23:30
    (Bonus Track), (feat. someone), and (New) at the end all bother me extremely. But (Acoustic), (Demo), and (Live) are legit.

• when it's clearly not

also

the correct name is "The Black Eyed Peas" check musicbrainz, wikipedia, their official site, and even the billboard top 100. All have "The" at the beginning. Enough proof for me. Everyone do the 'suggest a correction' and flag the title for "Black Eyed Peas" to include "The"

• dodv said...
    • User
    • 30 May 2011, 02:21
    Oh God, I could go on forever. I hate it when people put the track number in the song title, or when the artist's name is in the song title (e.g. scrobbling "The Beatles - Yesterday" instead of "Yesterday" by the Beatles). But above all else, I hate it when someone puts "(Album Version)" at the end of the title. The song title itself is how the "album versions" should be labeled. No meaningless specifications are needed.

A specific error that gets under my skin is the tagging of "I Touch Myself" by Divinyls. 100,000 people are listening to it under the right tag, but 20,000 think the artist is Blondie. That means 1 out of every 6 people who listen to the song don't even know who they're listening to. This is why I've lost my faith in humanity.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 May 2011, 06:28
    Have to agree with dodv on the Album Version. Drives me crazy! Also romanized characters instead of actual foreign letters.

• Marpo08 said...
    • User
    • 30 May 2011, 18:45

Tina Dickow/Dico

Danish singer Tina Dickow (29,744) performs under her real name in Denmark, but calls herself Tina Dico (97,555 listeners) when performing abroad.

Which would you consider the correct tag?

• xolin11 said...
    • User
    • 22 Jun 2011, 16:28
    I think it's fine to let some of the romanizations go. Because English vendors like iTunes and Amazon distribute the songs in Romaji, which can --to some extent-- qualify as official tags. We would just need Last.fm to auto-correct them so that we're all merged together.

• dodv said...
    • User
    • 25 Jun 2011, 22:20
    I think I have a new choice for "most annoying" -- the scrobbling of "P!nk" as "Pink." Are people really that stupid? And the worst part is auto-correct can't even fix the problem since so many people turned it off because it has a bad habit of changing correct tags to wrong ones. P!nk would literally have twice the plays and listeners if not for this crap.

• You cannot expect people to tag music in a way that they cannot read it. One of the wonderful things about online music is that you can now very easily listen to songs from which you cannot understand a single word. If you really expect people to tag Japanese music in Japanese script; Hindi music in Devanagari script and Korean music and Hangul script just because the website hasn't bothered to do anything about unifying the plays and despite the fact that people can't generally read all the different scripts in the world, there is something seriously wrong with you.

Infact, I would suggest that the idea that everyone on this website is going to tag their tracks, albums, artists and genres in EXACTLY the same way is hopelessly unrealistic. While I agree that tagging something as "track 16 by Unknown aritist from unknown album" is very annoying, there are some tags that people don't even agree on, on the website!: One of my artists is considered wrong by the website because apparently, when K.K. uses his initials it needs dots, but when KK uses his it clearly doesn't. *bangs head on the table*

The fact is that unification is not going to happen from the ground up in this way. If the website wants clean tags, it needs to allow us the powers to fix and edit our scrobbles ON the site. Until it does, we will forever be moaning about the disorganised mess we have as a tagging system.

शांति में, बहुत शक्ति है| अगर हम धैर्य रखते तो आचे हैं|
  • dodv said:
    A specific error that gets under my skin is the tagging of "I Touch Myself" by Divinyls. 100,000 people are listening to it under the right tag, but 20,000 think the artist is Blondie. That means 1 out of every 6 people who listen to the song don't even know who they're listening to. This is why I've lost my faith in humanity.

http://www.last.fm/music/Enya/_/Now%20We%20Are%20Free

• The misstaggin of doom metal black metal or dark metal bands or normal rock bands like Mantus Samsas Traum Blutengel Unheilig or similars as Gothic Rock or Gothic(what is even more stupid)

• or normal Techno bands as industrial...

• Yes I download music from fileshares sometimes, but no, Don't Turn Around by Ace of Base is not classical...wtf.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Sep 2011, 20:16
    wrong feat., wich especially means the feat. in the artist name and not the song

• It's pretty annoying when you have several artists with the same name, like in this case:

http://www.lastfm.com.br/music/The+Truth

• B4LU said...
    • User
    • 24 Sep 2011, 22:25
    Muse - www.mp3-online.com.ua]" href="http://www.last.fm/music/Muse/_/Supermassive+Black+Hole+%5Bwww.mp3-online.com.ua%5D" class="bbcode_track">Supermassive Black Hole [www.mp3-online.com.ua] guess this is the winner...
    Unknown Artists, Various Artists etc. (or variations in other languages) are the worst, IMHO. "The/Without The" stuff as well.

Shit, this won't get here correctly... however, " Supermassive Black Hole [www.mp3-online.com.ua] " is tag's full name, even with the link in the brackets.

• IlaiA said...
    • User
    • 11 Nov 2011, 11:32
    Somebody mistagged Mew's "And the Glass Handed Kites" and now the scrobbles are really messed up, if that's what this thread's about.

• roldki said...
    • User
    • 25 Aug 2012, 23:26
    I hate when I see songs tagged like this: Overture (original album version)

I don't even see the point in putting (Album Version) or (Original Album Version) or anything like that in the actual song title. With the example I gave, every single song on that album is tagged like that and it's really annoying..

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Sep 2012, 16:49
    Most annoying mistag is definitely, hands down, people using the tag My Little Pony for music from the TV show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

• I hate two things most: when long song names are truncated, f.e., "The Portland Cement Factory At Monolith, Ca" instead of "The Portland Cement Factory at Monolith, California" or even "J'ai vu Naguere..." instead of "J'ai vu naguère en peinture les Harpies ravissant le repas de Phynée", and codepage errors, f. e. "VLCI BМЋН Z HOR" instead of "Vlci Běží Z Hor".

• Luky7 said...
    • User
    • 31 Oct 2012, 06:15
    Annoying is when some metalheadkids "destroy" artist page of different genre with silly Tags

Rytmus or Monika Bagárová is good example :D

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.