Most annoying mistag

• uhhhh... basically everything from Sigur Rós has several versions of the name, especially the songs on ( ) album [which don't have names, so they're Untitled 1, Untitled 2, etc., but we have roman numbers {I, II, ... VIII}, or their nicknames {Vaka, Fyrsta, ... Popplagið}, mix of everything {Untitled #1 (a.k.a. “Vaka”), ... Untitled #8 (a.k.a. “Popplagið”) } etc.]. The name of the album itself is problematic too {nothing, /, Brackets, Svigaplatan, The Untitled Album.... Sæglópur also seems to be a huge problem with both the æ and the ó inside, and the album it's on, Takk... (yes, WITH DOTS) .

• Doriol said:
    I'm guilty of using romanized names for Japanese artists because my music library is so large that searching through 350+ artists to find a Japanese one is a pain. Not to mention the fact that I have no knowledge of the Japanese language at all so I wouldn't even know what to look for regardless. So I just use the romanized names so it's easier to search for (I can just press the letter the artists' name starts with). I wish Last.FM would correct this when I scrobble, though.

^ What he said. I hate to "mis-tag" japanese/korean/chinese artists but I can't read kanji/katakana/hiragana so I take convenience of finding the artist I want to listen easier, over having always the right tags . I wish last.fm would auto-correct romanized artist to their "real" names as well.
    So before people rage about this, please understand some of us have a reason for doing what we do.

• this whole thread makes me cry, it's all so true. i've spent hours on here voting for what should be correct when i see someone downloaded some best of off a fileshare program and left all the track numbers and such in the title. i think that's my biggest pet peeve, as admittedly i don't listen to much non-english music so letters not accented isn't usually a big deal for my tracks.

oh, i will say though, i obviously tag all my songs properly even though i write in all lowercase. is it really that hard to tag things properly?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 May 2010, 08:44
    Angel Corpse - It's actually Angelcorpse, and the worse thing is, Last.fm does Angel Corpse by default -_-

• VEO15 said...
    • User
    • 7 May 2010, 14:27

[spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 19 Dec 2010, 17:30
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 May 2010, 05:41
    VEO15 said:
    ...And people being lazy with compilation albums tagging every artist as Various Artists.

This! ^^

• volde1 said...
    • User
    • 17 May 2010, 18:21
    Trivium As Emo?!
    That's Fucking Wrong!
    Not In Nowadays

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 May 2010, 00:27
    I think the things that annoy me are people tagging the band Him when it is actually H.I.M.

Never Shout Never songs that automatically tag as nevershoutnever!

oh and when people tag songs by Glee Cast by the actually actors from the show. STOP IT!!!!!!!!!

and what also annoys me is when people tag songs with the song number in the title

• My biggest problem: Last.fm correcting QueenAdreena (which I know for a fact is correct) to Queen Adreena.
    But I can't switch off the correcting thing, because a bunch of my Iron Maiden songs have numbers before the song name and it would take me agggeeesss to delete them all myself.

mesmer, metanoia, melancholia, melodia.
  • heartbox_ pisze:
    My biggest problem: Last.fm correcting QueenAdreena (which I know for a fact is correct) to Queen Adreena.
    But I can't switch off the correcting thing, because a bunch of my Iron Maiden songs have numbers before the song name and it would take me agggeeesss to delete them all myself.

Just throw them all into MusicBrainz Picard and in a few minutes you've got perfect tags for every one of them.

----------

Anyways, back to the topic...

The Lord of The RingsTwoTowers - Requiem For a Tower

instead of

Clint Mansell - Lux Aeterna

Edited by photon_man62 on 1 Jul 2011, 14:58
  • http://www.last.fm/user/migle/tracks

what the fuck am i reading

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Oct 2010, 19:46
    I think I have to agree with others in that the most annoying thing is when track numbers are included in with the track name, this really drives me up the wall.

Wrongly tagged foreign artists (especially Japanese) also annoy the hell out of me; I spend a lot of time trying to get mine tagged correctly (there are probably still some that I've missed though) but I find it equally irritating that winamp can't recognise the characters. RAGE!

• Andre91195 said:
    The Who-Teenage Wasteland

IT'S Baba O'Riley DAMMIT

A-fuckin'-men.

• CooperCONTAGION said:
    I haaaaaate when I add music into my library and the genre comes up as like "blues" or "dance" or something like that when the material is actually metal of some sort. It hasn't been happening to me too much recently, but holy crap it bothers me when it does happen.

If I had one cent for every time that has happened to me, I would be rich.

• Dunther00 said:
    Nintendo is always a problem, and as a videogame music listener like me, I see often that there are so many people that are too lazy to correct their video game music. So sad, I wonder why these people are there on last.fm.

Same reason for the Lord of the Rings example - anime, movie, game soundtracks, we tend to associate them with the work in particular, not the artist. One I've run into personally is a tag that should be Toshihiko Horiyama, Syusaku Uchiyama, Yoshino Aoki, Makoto Tomozawa, Minakuchi Engineering. You know what I recognize it as? Mega Man X3. Even knowing which is supposed to be the proper tag, I'm more likely to tag it as the latter.

One that drives me nuts is that due to radio, I have the track Maybe I'm Amazed under three artists: Paul McCartney, Paul McCartney & The Wings, and Paul McCartney & Wings. P.S. it's the last one.

• emo

people who tag metallica or anything else as "emo" "emo :d" etc., or soundtracks as "soundtrack" instead of "electronic" "heavy metal" etc. I know that this isn't what the topic is about but this hurts me

♪ Mausiqie mayree jaan ♫
  • Emo. When will be people realise their is no such tag! All fucking music is fucking emo!

There was a young man from Nunhead
    Who awoke in a coffin of lead;
    'It's cosy enough,'
    He remarked in a huff,
    'But I wasn't aware I was dead.'
  • Trash metal.

• Bands that are either post-hardcore or metalcore being tagged with screamo and emocore really gets on my nerves...

^_^ {Jerry Cola Smile}
  • People tagging everything as .

• Or people tagging Deathclock instead of Dethklok

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Dec 2010, 19:13
    Distill_Serena disse:
    Bands that are either post-hardcore or metalcore being tagged with screamo and emocore really gets on my nerves...

This, this and this.

It's probably old metal fans who are 38-year old virgins who think everything made in the 21st century is emo.

Hell, fucking Trivium, Bullet for My Valentine and Five Finger Death Punch are being tagged as emo.

• Trash inestead of Thrash Metal

• Karnen said...
    • User
    • 12 Jan 2011, 17:55
    I hate (Album Version)/(Expilict Version) tags.

• Classical music are a mess A a lot of track names are way off, and often performer is tagged as artist. Incredibly annoying. Why does not last.fm support performer tag?!

And Various Artists is just lazyness.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.