Most annoying mistag

• inconsistency regarding ampersands (&) is annoying, and I don't even care about Ghostface vs Ghostface Killah anymore people are idiots

You left a shout somewhere, but it’s since been deleted.
    • Ganon12 said...
    • User
    • 20 Jun 2009, 03:52
    Erhama said:
    Instead of Lady Gaga they would type Lady gaga or Lady Gaga.

a little bit anal don't you think?

• yeah that wouldn't even affect your last.fm stats

You left a shout somewhere, but it’s since been deleted.

• You left a shout somewhere, but it’s since been deleted.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jun 2009, 23:21
    Megadeth and those goddamn DOTS...

• Idizzen said...
    • User
    • 28 Jun 2009, 16:11
    everyone tagging everything emo D: same thing goes for indie tbh (even though I use that tag myself)

• Prodigy instead of The Prodigy. I know that Prodigy also exists but Prodigy hasn't got a tracks called Breathe, Poison, Diesel Power etc. :D

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Jul 2009, 22:56
    Songs that use profanity in the title, there is always an edited and unedited version scrobbled of them.

Ramstein instead of Rammstein.
    Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band. (official site proves it to be the latter option.)
    The flipped R bullshit on Korn.

CD mistags piss me off the most, like Megaherz album 5, sometimes people spell out 'five', same with Buckcherry's '15' album.

• People that are simply too lazy to be bothered fixing even minor spelling errors blow my mind. Looking through a friend's iTunes, I found "Alice and Chains", "Metalica", and "Ston Sour" to name just a few. Absolutely inexcusable.

Also, songs like "Cat's in the Cradle" where there are about a dozen variations among incorrect artists and crappy spelling. It's Harry Chapin, goddamit!

• People who use "feat", "featuring" instead of "feat."
    Also, when remixed tracks are tagged like - Song Example [Some Guy's Remix]

Square brackets are stupid.

Also, people redirecting properly tagged tracks to mistagged versions. Typos on digital cover art can be a killer: Vergatron (Original Mix), may you reclaim your rightful place someday.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jul 2009, 11:58
    @ Discodyne's artist page people seem to have problems with writing Ferrin & Low. Strange versions there

Deep Impact (Ferrin & Low Remix) goes against Deep Impact - Ferrin & Low Remix, Deep Impact (Ferrin and Low Remix) and Deep Impact - Ferrin and Low Remix

-.-

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jul 2009, 12:07
    The songtitle: "Ceasura" instead of "Caesura" from Neaera.

Some dumb kid loaded the song up wrong in youtube and called it "Ceasura" and those who ripped it got the song wrong.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jul 2009, 21:37
    exdeathbr said:
    the most anoying mistag is the P!nk artists being mistagged as Pink because people continue to add more pictures of the p!nk to the mistagged artist, and to vote to the picture of the real artist dont show in the main page.
    They also complain about the picture of this other artist being there.
    Many of those listeners say that they love p!nk with their hearts but they dont even know how to write the artistic name of their so loved artist.

This artist is so mistagged that she is on top400 and the p!nk is not. Even if you removed the scroblles of the others artists called pink I think the "she" would still be on the top400.

People think that last.fm has a artist name variation system like discogs( http://www.discogs.com/artist/P!NK?anv=Pink ), but last.fm dont have this yet.

Pictures uploaded to Pink are acutally taken down by last.fm.

• The ultimate winner for me has already been said...

"Arcade Fire" being incorrectly tagged as "THE Arcade Fire"

What is worse is that THE Arcade Fire have more listeners :(

• borja-z said...
    • User
    • 13 Jul 2009, 16:43
    People who tags a song with the name of the band
    People who tags a song and tells us their live, or say stupid things: "Heard on the radio" "This is a s**** " "what have I drinked"

• unnami said...
    • User
    • 13 Jul 2009, 21:01

[spam]

[spam]

What's the point of having it all without the person you love. Sometimes you just need to start again in order to fly.
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 14 Aug 2011, 09:23
    • wjshaw2 said...
    • User
    • 14 Jul 2009, 11:40
    borja-z said:
    People who tags a song with the name of the band
    People who tags a song and tells us their live, or say stupid things: "Heard on the radio" "This is a s**** " "what have I drinked"

If a track is listed on an album sleeve as "track name (live)" then that is what I'm going to put. It could sound completely different to any non-live version. In fact if I have two different live versions of a song and the original I want them all to be scrobbled separately. Is that bad?

• borja-z said...
    • User
    • 14 Jul 2009, 11:53
    If a track is listed on an album sleeve as "track name (live)" then that is what I'm going to put. It could sound completely different to any non-live version. In fact if I have two different live versions of a song and the original I want them all to be scrobbled separately. Is that bad?
    I'm Sorry, I didn't explain it well.
    I meant to say people who talk about themselves

• Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box should be Heart-Shaped Box

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Jul 2009, 14:37
    hardrock - hard rock

IMHO hard rock

• people who use square brackets. or 'Ft' instead of 'Feat.'

• Biske said...
    • User
    • 24 Jul 2009, 04:05
    The most annoying is when people tag something like:

Songname (Band X cover).

• People putting the tracknumber in the songtitle tag, like Metallica - 02 Master of Puppets or something..

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.