Misspelled song that bugs you most

• cinekkk said...
    • User
    • 7 Nov 2008, 15:54
    To me - scrobbling songs or artists with proper title in cyrillic as transliterated to latin alphabet. I've got 3,000 of those, though - I'm lazy :P

• We've got this far without anyone mentioning the Cure's Love Song vs Lovesong debate, both of which are in the top tracks...

I only went with your mother 'cause she's dirty
  • It bugs me when I see people scrobbling songs by the artist "Pink" because she's called P!nk. I know it sounds petty, but Pink ain't her name!
    Also I know this thread was about songs, but what the hell lol

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Nov 2008, 04:23
    Jeans - MuErO pOr Ti
    god. the song is spelled like this Muero Por Ti.

• Michahh said...
    • User
    • 12 Nov 2008, 18:26
    Loreena McKennitt - SkelliNg

the song is called "Skellig"...both writings appear in Loreena's charts constantly...

"Mulder, it's me."
  • @pandoriita1: there is a forum, where you can post your complaint about misspelled lowercased or uppercased letters within the song, artist or album names.

http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/392009

however they cannot change "SkelliNg" to "Skellig", as posted above, just a capitalization or incorrectly lowercased letters, or any combination of them :-)

• In Flames- December Flow instead od December FLOWER as it should be, haha.

• Nightwish: Angles Fall First

LOL

• Kanye West - See You In My Knightmares Ft. Lil Wayne

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Nov 2008, 06:33
    Compliment Each Other Like Colors - PlayRadioPlay!. It should be complement, I think. Compliment is like, saying something nice about someone? It could possible be a pun. I'm not sure. But it says complement on the case, so yeah.

• mandal

fiufiu

• There is a band called Eagles (famous for such songs as Hotel California and I Can't Tell You Why) that everyone calls "The Eagles."
    Underoath for Underøath or UnderØATH.
    The title for Seventh Circle's album "THE STRUGGLE" is originally in uppercase. I think the songs are as well..

Brutal Demon Hunter

• THE DO instead of The Dø

Evy
    • KRSCuan said...
    • User
    • 30 Nov 2008, 11:09
    killah_vanilla sagte:
    Killing Me Softly With His Son and 5 461 listeners (15 108 plays) LOL

That's because of id3v1 tags, which are limited to 30 characters each. Now just count the letters. Of course, id3v1 is shit anyways.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Nov 2008, 17:06
    "Orange no Taiyou" or "Oranji no Taiyou" from gackt and hyde's compilation from the moon child soundtrack. :|

it's Orenji no Taiyou.

• Jon9000 said...
    • User
    • 12 Dec 2008, 18:14
    Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of
    There's no "of"
    and it has over 75,000 listeners...

• Super Furry Animals - Chubacabras which should be Chupacabras with a capital 'C' and a 'p' in place of the 'b'. Bugs the hell out of me. And the misspelt track has somehow managed to wheedle itself into the top 2 of SFA's top tracks. The properly spelt song has nowhere near as many listeners but more plays... Also, for some reason, the misspelt track is a second shorter than the official track. Weird.

It's been a funny kind of day
  • Catamenia - Garden of Eden -.- The right name of the song is Garden of Thorns

• There are enough variations of Loituma's 'Ievan polkka' to make anyone dizzy. Anything starting with an L makes my eyes bleed. I know Basshunter messed it up. He does that.

• every song "Roisin Murphy" GOD!!! Her name is Róisín

• Recently, Headfirst Slide Into Coopestown on a Bad Bet. The album just came out and the bad track name already has 10,000 listeners. >:l

(Supposed to be Cooperstown.)

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.
  • It's pretty easy really. The CD's tags are usually the correct ones. So warez fags and others can just go and read what it says in the discography and correct their shit. Alternatively they could start shelling out $ for their records... (those who buy from iTunes etc. spare me from your bawww I know you're out there) Then there are those who just don't know how to speak/write basic English. Those should just be put down.

• I got an entire album once with Nightwish filled in as Nightwisk, (which i promptly fixed) and it's come to last.fm: http://www.last.fm/music/Nightwisk though they do show it as a mis-tag, but look how many listeners some of those songs have!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.