Musical Compatability.

• Musical Compatability.

I feel a bit of a bad homo because 99.9% of the people on here seem to have a very low musical compatibility with me.

There's a few mediums and one or two supers.

We represent a diverse group of LGBT people right?

What does the Gay Music Doctors prescribe?

• You've a personal music taste, and 99% of the gay people only listen Madonna and Kylie Minogue!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/hanschristian
  • It frustrates me that when I mention many of the artists I like to other gay people they look blank and need a deep explanation about them.

There must be more indie gay boys & girls out there?

• Sorry its complete rubbish that 99% of Gays listen to Kylie!

Again it boils down to those who live the gay stereotype, and those who don't and I doubt I'm that 00.01% who has a different taste in music and life style.

• Kylie kinda sucks. Give me Pj Harvey all day any day. Of course I like some stereotypes...MadonnaThis Is LoveRid of Me

• I like pop, but I mainly listen to rock , punk and metal :)

I wanna start a RIOT!
  • I agree. While I listen to some 'stereotypically gay' music, that doesn't constitute the majority of my musical tastes and I find that I don't have many gay friends that like all of the music that I do and vice-versa.

• I have a low compatibility with you, even though we share many of the same artists. It is weird. However, I can say that I do not listen to most of the stereotypical music as well. Music taste is personal... and I think that altering it to fit into a schema of what you "should be" is folly. =)

Twilight draws nigh.
    • ashbel said...
    • User
    • 28 Mar 2009, 02:02
    Well, I *used* to listen to just about everything in your list. I got really tired of it though, very bored. One day I woke up and I put on the jukebox for the morning and 10 songs played in a row by people who were dead.

Then I went to the coffeeshop to have a bit and sat down to talk with a bunch of people about half my age. The discussion turned to music BUT there was nothing at all newer than OK Computer, and there were all these weird Time/Life ideas floating about that didn't gel with my memory of any of the people who are now extremely famous that I happened to meet and correspond with when they were nobodies.

That woke me up something fierce and I thought, well, maybe I should try to get current and try to get back into listening to tunes that came out within the month, so right now the earliest year is 1993 (I'm having a LOT of trouble letting go of rave stuff). Trance, schranz, minimal, and my beloved jungle/d&b are the flavours this year and for the indefinite future, because those are the genres I understand the most and am not tired of.

I guess I ended up with dance music because of its relative anonymity -- great songs by people that you never hear anything else about again. And then one day you meet some of them, like has happened to me several times. All I can think is, hey that's cool.

But even then I'm a bad homo because I tend to go for the men. Hey, I like *MEN*, right? Not really a diva person. :-)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Mar 2009, 11:42

Brick Wall And A Hard Place

I do listen to the stereotypical pop of most gay guys, but I listen to the remixes by the Wideboys, Freemasons, Fred Falke, Vandalism, Bassmonkeys, Wolfgang Gartner, Moto Blanco, Digital Dog, Yer Mans etc... Where does that put me? : - /

• I like dance pop, but I mostly just listen to electronic music and oldies. ~Valbuena

A 15 year-old, gay music artist, composer, producer, and arranger.
    http://www.last.fm/music/Valbuena
    And to listen to ALL my songs you can visit my Youtube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Valbuenium
    Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/valbuenaonmyspacemusic
    • g0rike said...
    • User
    • 23 Jun 2009, 02:04
    I like metal, rock, pop xD

quien me hace una? xD
    • yagatza said...
    • User
    • 11 Jul 2009, 20:26
    Wow, we have very low compatibility. Five of my top six are male groups or artists. I just listen to what sounds good.

• from what I can tell so far, I don't have verry high musical compatibility with people in this group either. No worries

Ginger.Faggot.DragonSlayer.ChildEater.
    Why yes, I do have Madd Skillz
    • frimsah said...
    • User
    • 27 Oct 2009, 20:28
    Nah. My gay friends and I have similar taste in music, and none of us listen to Madonna. We all tend to like underground music, spanning pop, folk, hip hop and electronic.

Not that there's anything wrong with Madonna.

• I listen to Metal, Rock, Punk and also Pop-Rock, Classical.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.