Lady Gaga banned from the Gay group

• Lady Gaga banned from the Gay group

Hi,

due the last shoutbox messages, I've decided to ban Lady Gaga from the artist connections.

It's all I can do about the group charts, because I can't change them and there so unpopular and I've noticed it.

What do you think?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/hanschristian
  • sorry to be so mean, but yeah.

that's just stupid.

who else are banning next? everyone? look at the artists in the list. what are you afraid of?

I really don't care that much and even I think it's immensely moronic and kind of against the freedom we are supposed to be fighting for. - to like and love and be represented by whomever we want and feel like.

are you ashamed of your music tastes? is that it?

someone who supports LGBT rights as upfront-ly as she does and writes songs specifically about being accepted as a gay person is being banned from "the Gay Group"? that's sad. very sad. and again, stupid.

yeah. that's about it.

Lucky.
  • Wrong

Banning and censorship are always wrong! I will leave the group if you start banning certain artists. That is just stupid. Let people say what they want. I'm not ashamed of being a Gaga fan, neither should you!

In certain US states they want to bann the word "gay". It's the same thing. Censorship is wrong!

I couldn't care less about Gaga but I must accept the fact that she's one of the most popular acts in this group. Simple as that. I'm against hateful comments and lack of manners - not Lady Gaga.

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 8 Feb 2012, 22:30
  • day without Lady Gaga is a good day!

Have no idea what is it all about so I don't really care who is banned and for what. I'm not a fan of any Spice Girls, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and any other "gay icons" (apart from Madonna, but I still do not treat her as the "Icon"). And - to be honest - any day without Lady Gaga is a good day!

• Bye bye!

I just left this group. I won't be a part of a group where they censor some artists. I'll be here instead: http://last.fm/group/Gay+As+Hell

• don't censor anything!

• I don't like Lady Gaga anyway...

• What is the purpose of banning artists, are we now going to ban all the artists someone here do not like?

I don't know you, you don't know me...it's like you broke into my fantasy.
  • lol that's just dumb. born this way was a REALLY GAY album, its taking a big fat shit on everything else on the charts regardless of its still listed or not

• Re: Lady Gaga banned from the Gay group

Personally don't care, but I will not be a part of group that is censoring any artist. So I bid you all good bye.

• jcbsn said...
    • User
    • 24 Jan 2012, 22:57
    Good. Lady Caca sucks.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Jan 2012, 23:16
    that's fine with me :)

• I Don't understand what she sings, I don't like Lady Caca, sorry Gaga ;) but I think the artists must appear connected here if they mean something for LGBT people by their lyrics or any others circunstance.

• The group doesn't lead the gay rights. I don't wanna "normalize" my sexual orientation using a music group :-P

There's a lot of gay people who won't join this group because our charts are a cliché by themselves.

I'm not censoring Lady Gaga. Just banning her from the artist connections. And I've choosed Lady Gaga because she represents the gay people, and I don't understand why. She doesn't represent my sexual orientation, and our charts are only a little part of our tastes.

This thread only pretends to make us think about our music taste. There's a lot of people here that only listens Lady Gaga, Beyoncé and Britney Spears, and that's a issue to think about it.

I like hearing your opinions, and I like the thread that I've created. At last, please don't leave messages trying to draw attention saying "I'm leaving the group". Just leave it and/or leave a interesting message about the topic.

Thanks.

C.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/hanschristian
  • Lady gaga has a large gay fanbase and is bisexual herself, born this way even refers to sexuality... so I think thats stupid

• akostedt said...
    • Subscriber
    • 25 Jan 2012, 01:58
    I don't agree with banning Lady Gaga from the group, or any artist. Pop and Dance music have always been the music most associated with being gay. But gay people just like straight people have individual taste in music. I for one like a lot of different types of music and I also know straight people that like Lady Gaga. So why stop with Lady Gaga why not ban Madonna, & Brittney too?

Everyone needs LOVE
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Jan 2012, 03:49
    It doesn't matter so much to me. Instead of going on about Lady Gaga why don't we go on about someone newer? I mean, she's so 2008-2009. She doesn't offend me if she comes on but, when I hear it it's like that was lightyears ago.

• Banning and censorship are always wrong!

that's just dumb & Born this way even refers to sexuality... so I think thats stupid

When I tried to get your attention
    You ignored me every time
  • Why is it an issue if people only listen to Lady Gaga, Beyoncé and Britney Spears?? it's non of your business what music people listen to, do not want a site that includes those artist in the charts maybe you should make a site only for gays that listen to rock, heavy or whatever, but I guess that's a bit hard when you yourself listen to Mariah Carey, Kylie Minogue, Cher etc...

I don't know you, you don't know me...it's like you broke into my fantasy.
  • Way to go! No self-respecting music lover - gay or un-gay - would ever listen to this montón de mierda humeante a.k.a. Gaga. Gaga is an overpaid, overaired and heavily overrated freak. At least, she's doing it as a job for heaps of cash. At same time, the so-called Gaga fans wreak havoc wherever they appear, and do it FOR FREE. Sorry, I didn't sign up for this shit.

• Ahi_max said...
    • User
    • 25 Jan 2012, 14:39
    I LOVE GAGA!!!

• I'm against banning Lady GaGa from this group connections. I disagree with nearly everybody as they're all giving stupid reasons.
    She's just an artist and she deserves critiques and praisings! We're on lastfm to share our music tastes, we're not here to hide them.
    I'm begging you to connect to her again. What's happening to gay people?
    Regarding from the music she writes and sings, she's been supporting us from the beginning! I think she represents my generation better than any other popstar (my opinion).

• Leaving

I'm glad people reacted to this stupid "banning" of certain artists. I've created a new "gay music" group. Please check it out: http://last.fm/group/Gay+As+Hell

You can listen to Gaga as much as you like in this group. ;) We are NOT ashamed of our music taste!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.