Shadows of the Sun

• Shadows of the Sun

Click the link.Read those words.Smile.
    At least that´s what i´m doing now.

• I Can't stop smiling! Counting the days until the releas alredy!

• great great great great great !!!!!!!!

• What Wiki says :

In an interview with Music Information Centre Norway, Ulver member Tore Ylwizaker commented on the forthcoming album. He said it would be downplayed and inspired by chamber music in both style and crew. Ylwizaker also took a year off to study classical composers and composition techniques, while claiming to take a particular liking to Igor Stravinsky's The Firebird.[2]

And many a moon shall rise...
  • Hmmmm I'm curious, chambermusic seems odd, but with Ulver even Polka would be greaat.

• Even though I've liked everything Garm and the gang have produced so far, I'm definitely not familiar with chamber music. Anyways, I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.. can't wait until October.

• from their web site:

"So,what kind of music is this? The boys already told you it's "dark and tragic", but while being weighed down with the world, they have managed to produce their most accessible album to date. This might sound like a paradox, but Ulver thrive on such paradoxes. Their fears have been given a shapely form indeed, capable, perhaps, of bringing a little comfort to some.

Soothing electronics and natural percussion provide the basis for Garm's warm vocals, singing songs of loss and disillusion. While the lyrics provide little hope, the music carries a note of quiet faith. It sees Ulver abandon many of their grand concepts, to focus on music and human emotion. Contributions by world-renowned thereminist Pamelia Kurstin help make SHADOWS OF THE SUN a piece of rare beauty."

• New pictures are available on their website !
    They look a bit like Sunn O))) but the pics are really great !
    The wait is terrible but I know it's worth it !

• Hahah, I thought Sunn O))) too.. very cool looking though.

• Tracklist of Shadows Of The Sun :

01. Eos
    02. All The Love
    03. Like Music
    04. Vigil
    05. Shadows of the Sun
    06. Let The Children Go
    07. Solitude
    08. Funebrae
    09. What Happened?

Artwork :

• Even the song titles sound awesome, except for maybe 'What happened?'. I'm so freaking excited.

• m_s0 said...
    • User
    • 29 Aug 2007, 10:01
    New track on myspace

Ulver - Vigil

• what a surprise at night... once more, the arrangements are above all and Garm's voice, OMG... The choir part is a pure orgasm.

• I definately agree, the choir part is amazing. But I can't wait to see how this song fits in the new album. Is it one of the best, is it one of the weakest ???
    God, October is so far away !!!!!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Sep 2007, 00:33
    new track is amazing

• They've put "Funebre" on their myspace !
    It's just an amazing song...
    The album is gonna be fantastic !

• kokoon said...
    • User
    • 17 Sep 2007, 17:30
    it's leaked guys. AND IT'S AWESOME!!!

it's me
  • I could only find the shitty wma version.

• I got it as well in mp3. Fuckin' amazing ! It's brilliant !

• matznet said...
    • User
    • 14 Oct 2007, 15:44
    i hope it will be delivered as soon as possible.
    i cant wait..

• aguko said...
    • User
    • 22 Nov 2007, 23:18
    love that album!!!!!!!! <3

• me 2 :)

• Wonderful piece of art, also one of the saddest albums ever.

• Their songs seems to be also chaotic, which is so nice for me... Especially for this album.

• i think shadows of the sun is a step back of their career

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.