Guess The Film Quote Game

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Sep 2012, 14:41

Guess The Film Quote Game

Simple enough game. We each take it in turns to post a quote from a film of your choice and the next poster guesses what film its sourced from. After you've posted your answer post another quote from a different film (you can 're-use' films once we reach the next page, if you so please) for the next user to guess.

Its not a big deal if you get it wrong, i'm sure i'll let you know and unsportingly call you out on it :p I only ask that you don't simply post something along the lines of "burrgh I dunno, LOLBEEF" - take a wild stab in the dark if you honestly don't know! Contributors can also provide cunning clues along with their quotes if they wish :D

All clear? Guess what film this quote is from...

"And isn't that why we work so hard now? Why we fight for every inch? Scrambling our way up in an undignified fashion. If we're honest for a minute, if we reflect privately for only a moment, if we allow ourselves a glimpse into that shadowy place we call our soul... Isn't that why we're here now? The two of us! Looking for a way back into the sun."

:clue: I posted a clip of this scene recently in the GD forum.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Sep 2012, 16:00
    Frost/Nixon

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Sep 2012, 16:04
    Great moments are born from great opportunity.
    And that's what you have here tonight, boys.

That's what you've earned here, tonight.

One game.

If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine.

But not this game. Not tonight.

Tonight, we skate with 'em.

Tonight, we stay with 'em, and we shut them down because we can!
    Tonight, we are the greatest hockey team in the world.

You were born to be hockey players -- every one of ya.

And you were meant to be here tonight.

This is your time.

Their time -- is done. It's over.

I'm sick and tired of hearin' about what a great hockey team the Soviets have.
    Screw 'em!

This is your time!!

Now go out there and take it!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Sep 2012, 16:19
    I'm not good on sports films. Miracle On Ice?

"But where does imagination end and reality begin? What is this twilight, this half world of the mind that you profess to know so much about? How can we differentiate between the powers of darkness and the powers of the mind?"
    :clue: Based on the story Casting The Runes by M.R. James.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Feb 2013, 02:41
    Night of the Demon, though I had to use your clue to find it. Now I'm doubly interested in this one though, as I've just found out that a quote from the same movie is used in "Hounds of Love" from Kate Bush.

"I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared."

A hint: The film was released in 1979

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Feb 2013, 12:41
    I'm trying to think of murder/crime films made in the 70's. Dog Day Afternoon?

"Dad! How do you spell 'beautiful'?"

"Like that, like it sounds."

:clue: It's a Mexican film whose mis-spelt title can be found in the quote.

Sooto said:
    Night of the Demon, though I had to use your clue to find it. Now I'm doubly interested in this one though, as I've just found out that a quote from the same movie is used in "Hounds of Love" from Kate Bush.

That quote I posted does get sampled into a lot of songs, including Sol Invictus' Black Easter and myriad other dark folk/ambient/black and doom metal tracks.

• Beatiful?

"I ain't like that no more. I ain't the same, Ned. Claudia, she straightened me up, cleared me of drinkin' whiskey and all. Just 'cause we're goin' on this killing, that don't mean I'm gonna go back to bein' the way I was. I just need the money, get a new start for them youngsters. Ned, you remember that drover I shot through the mouth and his teeth came out the back of his head? I think about him now and again. He didn't do anything to deserve to get shot, at least nothin' I could remember when I sobered up."

Hint: The star of the film is also the director

• Sooto said:
    "I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared."

A hint: The film was released in 1979

Apocalypse Now

Selfsurprise said:
    "Dad! How do you spell 'beautiful'?"

"Like that, like it sounds."

Biutiful

Don't know the last one though...

"Life's not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman, you only call her a bitch cuz she won't let you get that pussy"
    Aesop Rock
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Feb 2013, 19:39
    Mine was from Biutiful. Well done, both of you.

"I ain't like that no more. I ain't the same, Ned. Claudia, she straightened me up, cleared me of drinkin' whiskey and all. Just 'cause we're goin' on this killing, that don't mean I'm gonna go back to bein' the way I was. I just need the money, get a new start for them youngsters. Ned, you remember that drover I shot through the mouth and his teeth came out the back of his head? I think about him now and again. He didn't do anything to deserve to get shot, at least nothin' I could remember when I sobered up."

Hint: The star of the film is also the director

Unforgiven! :D (I actually got one!)

~

"I'd like to say that goin' to bed with you is maybe the best three things that ever happened to me. And I'd love some coffee. And I adore you. And I take it with cream and sugar. And your breasts belong in the Louvre, which is a museum in Paris that I plan on visiting with you once you get wise and decide to leave the old ear-blower."
    :clue: Adapted from a William Goldman novel of the same title. .

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Feb 2013, 04:19
    The Princess Bride? It's the only one I'm somewhat familiar with. :>

Also, the Apocalypse Now guess was correct.

Next guess!:

"I've set my lasers from stun to kill."

"Oh, great. If anyone attacks, we can blink 'em to death."

Hint: the movie is currently part of a trilogy.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Feb 2013, 10:48
    One of the Toy Story films i'm guessing :D

Mine was actually from Magic (1978) which stars Antony Hopkins as a ventriloquist who falls in love with an old flame, and has a stage dummy named Fats who has a murderous personality of his own.

"What devil or witch was ever so great as Attila whose blood flows through these veins?."
    :clue: One of my all-time favorite films, whose credits feature a marvelous power ballad by Eurythmics singer Annie Lennox. .

• Dracula !

Don't know what the one before was, but it sure wasn't the Princess Bride.

Girl: Goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries!
    Guy 1: Oh, God! I can't *know* that!
    Guy 2: I could stand to hear a little more.

Movie serving as the conclusion of a TV show

"Life's not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman, you only call her a bitch cuz she won't let you get that pussy"
    Aesop Rock
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 May 2013, 20:27
    He already pointed it out. No need to shove it in my face, mang.

Serenity? I may have cheated on this one. Don't quote me on that, though.

I don't even know a fucking Jew who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you don't ever tip?"

• I honestly don't know, but I'm guessing it's from something by Quentin Tarantino.

• Iezuz said...
    • User
    • 4 Apr 2014, 12:41

Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs.
    Do you want that one, MachineCoil?

I am the king of the world! [Abraham Lincoln, 7/24/1864] NOW PLAYING
    Get yo shizzle at the Free Music Centre nizzle.
  • Why dontcha start with a new quote lezuz? Nice thread, but it's quite old...

• Iezuz said...
    • User
    • 4 Apr 2014, 22:59
    This republic of ours is something like a rich widow. Most ****** love her as their mother but ******* dreams of marrying the old girl to put it politely.I removed names to make it more exciting.   This republic of ours is something like a rich widow. Most Romans love her as their mother but ******* dreams of marrying the old girl to put it politely.

I am the king of the world! [Abraham Lincoln, 7/24/1864] NOW PLAYING
    Get yo shizzle at the Free Music Centre nizzle.
    Edited by Iezuz on 6 Apr 2014, 21:19
  • ^ Just putting this out there because I honestly have no idea, Blood Diamond?

"I shall chew up all the selfish scheming and ill intentions that men like you force upon men like me, and bury it in the stomach of this place!"
    :clue: This was taken from te first Bitish film to ever be released in theatres, on DVD and via on-demand TV/internet simultaneously.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.