The specific music recommendation game.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Sep 2011, 16:18

The specific music recommendation game.

Could not find any similar game here, but this should be pretty good to discover some new tracks that a user might appreciate.

The game:

Go to the above user's profile and check the common first artist you have in common. Then think of a track the user might appreciate by any artist (even the same artist, which you have in common) as long as the user does not have it in his library. If you don't have any artist in common, just don't post anything and wait for other user.

(Note that after the recommendation, you shall not discuss those recommendations for that the thread can continue fluently. When you like a recommendation, you are always free to leave a shout to the appropriate user.)

Let's start. :)

Edited by a deleted user on 2 Oct 2011, 17:48
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Sep 2011, 20:23
    This sounds like fun. Let me know if i'm not formatting my answer properly...

"Music you have in common includes Burzum, Watain, Globus and Drudkh."

How about some italian black metal courtesy of Tenebrae in Perpetuum...

• Oh well - that broke down quickly; selfsurprise and I appear to have no artists in common.... Mind you, I'm not sure what role the first plays in the second part. Could you explain that again please?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Oct 2011, 17:54
    Ihr habt u.a. folgende Musik gemeinsam: Johann Sebastian Bach und Louis Armstrong.

I really have not many plays by Johann Bach, but if you like classical/instrumental stuff you might like this contemperary soundtrack music.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Oct 2011, 20:44
    I've done you already, but for sake of thread continuity i'll recommend more atmospheric black metal as dictated by our musical tastes... :3

Another absolutely brilliant Italian black metal for the thinking man; Movimento D'avanguardia Ermetico

Grosseteste said:
    Oh well - that broke down quickly; selfsurprise and I appear to have no artists in common.... Mind you, I'm not sure what role the first plays in the second part. Could you explain that again please?

I think in cases like this you've just got to go with your educated instincts. Post something and hope for the best! Just because we've got no music in common doesn't mean we won't ever have aything in common. Do me next and i'll do you in the post after, providing nobody beats me to it.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Oct 2011, 22:21
    First common artist: Burzum

As I have seen you have not heard many Burzum music. I hereby would like to recommend you a piece on the second latest release Belus, which you might appreciate:

PS: If somebody has no common artist, that user has just to wait for other posts. I have edited and added it to my first post.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Oct 2011, 09:15
    I actually own a modest number of of Burzum records, including that one. Nice choice maloney! (can the next poster do maloney please, i've already recommended two bands to him)

Mal0ney said:
    PS: If somebody has no common artist, that user has just to wait for other posts. I have edited and added it to my first post.

By that do you mean they should let another user who has sommon artists to post?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Oct 2011, 18:49
    Selfsurprise sagte:
    I actually own a modest number of of Burzum records, including that one. Nice choice maloney! (can the next poster do maloney please, i've already recommended two bands to him)

Mal0ney said:

By that do you mean they should let another user who has sommon artists to post?

Exactly, as I think its not that rare to have at least one common artist even if the taste-o-meter score is Very Low. :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Nov 2011, 04:14
    Our first common artist was Insomnium, so I'm going to recommend you a Melodic Death Metal band I just recently got into, awesome band imo.

• our first common artist is Bad Religion so i may recommend the similiar band from my country.

• Standing Next to You by The Last Shadow Pupppets, since you are an Arctics fan

The Ancient DisOrder of the Last FM Round Table
  • First common artist was Arctic Monkeys and then it was The Killers & The Smiths.

Try I Don't Know or Stray Cat, both by Kassidy, if you have not already heard them. It's not that they're similar to the Monkeys but worth listening to :).

and one day we will die and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea.
  • Pixies, and then Cocteau Twins, and then The Magnetic Fields.
    Hmm. If you like The Magnetic Fields, you might want to check out Fat Tulips. They're twee and they were also on The Adventures of Pete and Pete.

The rose of Earth is the lily of Heaven.
    http://yamathespacefish.deviantart.com
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.