What's Up

• -Soma- said...
    • User
    • 27 Jan 2005, 08:22

What's Up

how's it goin everyone, i find it kinda sad that the group for a band as great as Fugazi has only 31 members or so but hey we know what's good and that's all that matters :P

so i dunno introduce yourselves or something, i'm from South Australia, 19 years old, female, student and i play guitar... i've only been listening to Fugazi for the last couple of years or so but i think i have all their CDs now, they are a great band with a good message and i understand that Ian was in Minor Threat previously? anyway i hope someone reads this one day :P

He who controls the present controls the past
    He who controls the past controls the future
  • haha

well, I read it!!!

this groups been around for quite a few months, I just joined it and I'm the second person to post in the forum!!!!

WOOO FUGAZI FANS ComON GET EXCITED ABOUT FUGAZI

ONe of the greatest bands ever. They deserve more excitement than two lame forum posts!

rub out your eyes, this ship is sinking
  • Fugazi are my all-time favourite band. So there.

Also: I am 22 and live in London (UK). Yes, Ian was in Minor Threat, and then Embrace, before Fugazi. They're both worth checking out.

• leemac said...
    • User
    • 27 Feb 2005, 08:49

I read it too...

yes... that minor threat demo is a must. I think my fave fugazi record is the 'instrument' soundtrack. amazing...
    YE!

• You should also check out Rites of Spring, Guy's band before Fugazi.

• -Soma- said...
    • User
    • 27 Feb 2005, 13:37
    yeah i've heard Rites of Spring mentioned around the place a bit, didn't know anyone from Fugazi was a member though, will definitely check them out

He who controls the present controls the past
    He who controls the past controls the future
  • Rites of Spring were *fantastic*. You can get both their releases on one disc - I highly recommend it. Rites of Spring not only feature Guy but also Brendan, the drummer from Fugazi. Rites of Spring reformed as 'One Last Wish', who only made one album, which is also great (if you can find it). And then they reformed *again* as Happy Go Licky, but never recorded a studio album (to my knowledge). I've got their live one which is interesting. It's sad they never got to release those tracks properly.

• i love them

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i looooooove minor threat and fugazi. im obsessed...so many good bands linked to them...like rites of spring...they pretty much singlehandedly invented emo...but it was cool then....haha. like they made people cry at their shows and stuff and people threw flowers at them because it was so emotional and they put so much into it. i think guy picciotto was in rites of spring and then i know he was in fugazi. i read a friggen book on minor threat and fugazi...so yeah...

• benp78 said...
    • User
    • 11 May 2005, 22:04
    pretty much anything ian mackaye touches is gold, at least IN MY EYES!

and if you havn't checked 'em out yet, his new band THE EVENS just released their first cd. it's totally sweet!!!

• leemac said...
    • User
    • 25 May 2005, 13:47

the evens

the evens are amazing... its stripped back, and you can really hear the minor threat in there. so good.

• Soniers said...
    • User
    • 8 Jul 2005, 02:45
    I agree, the Evens AND Fugazi are amazing. Hi everyone. I'm Sonia and I'm new to the group because I am new to this audioscrobbler thing. I don't know about Rites of Spring "singlehandedly inventing emo," so I'll say they at the least influenced groups that would define themselves as emo. One Last Wish, Embrace, Teen Idles, and every other band related to Ian, Guy, Joe, and Brendan can be purchased from the Dischord site. Go check it out.

Peace

• Rites of Spring and Embrace were the first bands to be described as "emo-core" which later got shortened to the "emo" that we are familiar with today.

All I can say about Fugazi is that I'm glad I got to see them/take pictures with them before they went on hiatus/break-up.

Yes, I did say take pictures with. And Thurston Moore from Sonic Youth was backstage too!

• Rites of Spring and Embrace were the first bands to be described as "emo-core" which later got shortened to the "emo" that we are familiar with today.

All I can say about Fugazi is that I'm glad I got to see them/take pictures with them before they went on hiatus/break-up.

Yes, I did say take pictures with. And Thurston Moore from Sonic Youth was backstage too!

• Hello all

Hi all, my name's Caroline and I, erm, like Fugazi. Funny that! Thought I'd join up, as I probably wouldn't be on Last FM madly chasing all this interesting music if it weren't for Fugazi. I'd probably still be nodding along numbly to commercial radio. Just like to thank Blur's Graham Coxon for playing Facet Squared on BBC Radio 1 some time around my mid teens...
    Yes, definitely check out Minor Threat and Rites of Spring! Q and Not U on the current Dischord roster also come highly recommended.
    I know I don't have any Fugazi on my profile, but it's just because the CDs are thousands of miles away, and I can play the songs in my head by now ;-)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jan 2006, 03:04
    My name is Joe, I am 17 and...

Fugazi is one of my favrite bands. I worship everything Ian Mackaye has ever been involved with. If only because everything he touches turns to gold. It's a shame my friends take my recommendations with a grain of salt because they would surly cream their pants upon listening to 13 songs or the argument. I love you Fugazi, and I'm not afraid to say I'd let Ian butt fuck me. Not because I'm gay, just out of gratitude.

• tucks said...
    • User
    • 30 Jan 2006, 11:18
    Mmmmm .......so you can like a band TOO much!

• Fu-fuckin-gazi!

an amazing band what else can be said... at first they were the most interesting punk bands around now they're just simply the most interesting band around. I'm a major fan of the Argument but all their albums are exceptional. So creative and emotionally convincing.

Anybody knows something about Fugazi:s hiatus, is it about to end. Waiting passionately to see them live!

• I wouldn't hold your breath... it pains me to say, I'd be surprised if they released another album. Maybe, MAYBE they will tour again, but I don't know if they'll make it to the UK. Here's hoping, but well, it doesn't look good does it?

• i'd have to agree with that... ):
    but i hope tho do. one of the bands i reaaally want to see before i die :D

i am ftw nsfw qft on the internet
    • Soniers said...
    • User
    • 14 Feb 2006, 05:24

There's always the Evens...

But anyone know what Guy's been up to lately? Blonde Redhead isn't in the studio again are they? The last dischord news date accounted for everyone but Guy, and it seems that they are all tied up with non-Fugazi stuff for a while longer.

• Hi there folks. Guess what, yeah that's right I love Fugazi too. I have to agree with Ben78 that pretty much everything Ian Mackaye touches is fantastic.

• come back Fugazi!

I think it's time for them to get back together again, wasn't the reason for hiatus that Brendan had to be mr. Mom. Now they are all touring and making music more or less. So time for a nice reunion right? Can't hardly wait :)

• VUfan said...
    • User
    • 18 May 2007, 02:38

Hey

I just joined. Fugazi are awesome. I really like Minor Threat and Teen Idles too.

• Jak_Vac said...
    • User
    • 4 Jun 2007, 03:23
    sup, I'm jack, I'm 12, I play guitar, I love Fugazi, Minor threat, Husker Du, Bad Brains, and bands of that varriety.

Why say more?
  • hey. i'm chris. i used to only like minor threat but then i guess i grew up a bit and appreciated the muscianship of fugazi & now they are my fav! sometimes they make me cry because they are so good!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.