Forest songs

• I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day. ~Vincent Van Gogh

• Johann Strauss II – Tales from the Vienna Woods

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day. ~Vincent Van Gogh

• William Walton – As You Like It: Under the Greenwood Tree

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day. ~Vincent Van Gogh

• I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day. ~Vincent Van Gogh

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 May 2012, 09:53

Bathory - Foreverdark woods

• esinesen said:
    Johann Strauss II – Tales from the Vienna Woods

• Arnold Bax November Woods

Edited by esinesen on 25 May 2012, 14:03
  • Under the Greenwood Tree by William Walton

• Luciano Berio - Rossignolet du bois

• esinesen said:
    esinesen said:
    Arnold Bax – The Happy Forest
    http://www.last.fm/music/Arnold+Bax/BAX%3A+Symphonic+Poems/The+Happy+Forest

I wasn't familiar with this Bax work but listening to The Happy Forest made me happy. Thank you, Mualla.

• Re: Arnold Bax November Woods

esinesen said:

Wow, what brilliant orchestration! I need to spend some time with Bax's tone poems. ||| Just checked my home music library where I happily found a couple CDs of Bax tone poems including November Woods. Arnold Bax is unjustly neglected in the concert hall and in recordings...and by Last.fm listeners such as this one!

• Dear Stephen, I'm glad you enjoyed Arnold Bax's music. I love his music too :-)

• Evilfeast - Grim Spirit, The Forest Wanderer
    Leshak - Dark Forests are from the Land up to Sky
    Diabolical Masquerade - Blackheim's Forest Kept The Season Forever

• David Darling - Dark Wood

• Lou Harrison - Songs in the Forest

• Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky – A Pine Forest In Winter

• GabaHC said...
    • User
    • 9 Aug 2012, 21:23
    Eluveitie – Carnutian Forest
    Opeth – Forest of October
    Behemoth – Transylvanian Forest

• Dark Forest - Two Ravens Soaring

• David Byrne & St. Vincent - The Forest Awakes

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Sep 2012, 00:06
    Wolves In The Throne Room - Woodland Cathedral

• Burzum - Feeble Screams From Forests Unknown

• Edvard Grieg: Peace of The Woods

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.