• What's the longest time you've ever been awake?

My "record" stands at 78 hours without sleep.

First night I forgot to do some assignment for school, so I stayed up to finish it. Next night I just didn't feel like sleeping. Third night I watched some movies. Made it trough half another day, but then I started seeing things that weren't there, so I went to bed.
    Part of that was also the fact that a hadn't had enough sleep for weeks.

Is 78 hours long, or is it not at all impressive? Keep in mind that I do not have a sleeping disorder (like insomnia). I just don't sleep.
    How long did you go without sleep?

- Eat Children of the Earth, for I am a cookie.
    • Iowa656 said...
    • User
    • 10 Oct 2008, 03:17
    World record is something like 11 days set by Randy Gardener.
    So you've got a good while longer yet.

• i've stayed awake for maybe 48 hrs.

• SchWarG said...
    • User
    • 10 Oct 2008, 07:54
    I did almost 2 days before finally collapsing on my bed and sleeping for roughly 20 hours.

• I don't think I'll ever make 11 days :)

- Eat Children of the Earth, for I am a cookie.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Oct 2008, 08:18
    4 days, but I was starting to go mad so I had to sleep

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Oct 2008, 18:38
    Longest I've stayed up was about 4-5 days.
    I was planning to stay up for a few more days, but right after I laid in bed I was out in a matter of seconds.
    I was going insane when I stayed up.

• My longest at leisure is similar to the OP, about 78 hours.

I once had to stare at a sonar display for 53 hours, followed by 5 hours sleep and another 48 hours on watch. That was tough when the room is dark & warm and the ship is rocking you gently. It was like torture.

• 3 days when i went on a school trip to belgium. I eventually collapsed in a heap on my bed and i realised i couldnt feel anything when i hit myself and other peoples voices where starting to sound like washing machines. the underage drinking may have possibly been an added factor though. i reckon i could do longer if i really tried, but i like sleeping when i actually get round to doing it.

• The longest time I've ever been awake was about 55 hours last spring.

• The longest time I've been awake time is about 90 hours. That happened last summer when I went to Iron Maiden's gig and had the worst pre-tension ever. I was sooo restless and hyperactive that I just couldn't get any sleep and when we queued almost two days we didn't sleep at all. After all the gig wasn't even that amazing because of the lack of energy and I felt so bad and hallusinated. Whoah. Don't want to do that ever again if possible.

Katsotaan nyt tämäkin näytös loppuun
  • 2 days (no idea why). I doubt I'll ever manage longer than that unless I go mental.

• something like 50-60 hours, pure for gaming lol

• 52 hours, not much thou it was an army training camp at the time and it was pretty much physical work I did there. Was bloody exhausting but the mental pain was even worse. Tobaccos (my only coffeine) run out approx when I had been 36 hours awake. Never again please.

• About 60 hours, following a weekend - long session! From the Friday morning to Sunday night. Got up at 7am for work on Friday, left work that evening and went to see some friends for a messy weekend. Got utterly wasted both nights and didn't sleep until I was back in London on Sunday night. I woke up at 5am on Monday morning, can of beer still in hand, with the conversation I was having on MSN reduced to my friend asking where I had gone for about an hour, before giving up. Good times!

• 72 hours finishing a bunch of homework, worst 3 days ever.

• Kudaman said...
    • User
    • 16 Oct 2008, 20:12

33 hours

The most I have stayed up is roughly 33 hours before passing out in the middle of a movie. It was really a interesting experience I was so much more alert than normal but if I focused on something for more than 20 sec. everything would get blurry and my eyes felt like 50 lbs. So to keep from falling asleep I had to slap my self repeatedly (because coffee and "energy" drinks were equal to like 3 sleeping pills).

• hehehe I aslo had to do that slapping myself thing sometimes to stay awake and work. Longest time awake... thursday morning till sunday night for a music festival (including non succesfull attempt to sleep in the bus on my way there...)

-in.sound-
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Oct 2008, 21:51
    Three days. I was very ugly and unhappy..
    I always sleep during the lessons but not at night. Damn It.

• Ephyon said...
    • User
    • 24 Oct 2008, 00:02
    I think 5 days would suit me also. Went with a couple of friends to Lloret De Mar last summer in Spain, you go out till when the disco closes (around 5AM) and then it's get light outside when you are walking to your hotel. You talk some more with your friends (7AM). Room service at around 9AM but becuz it takes a while for me to get to sleep (roughly 1-1.5 hours) I didn't have any sleep at all. During the day you go to the beach at that moment guess what? ZOMBIEMODE, you can't sleep, you swim, sport a bit. And the cycle continues.... And no we weren't taking any drugs like speed or something :p.

• lennyke said...
    • User
    • 24 Oct 2008, 22:21
    That's all sick. Looks like I'm the noob here. Probably no longer than 30 hours :P
    Niels, ziekelijk. Serieus!

• about 80 hours when I was in Sofia (Bulgaria), boozing for 3 nights in a row and when I returned to Munich I had to go to my grans 75th birthday... All these old people were thinking I was a polite young fellow, but I just really wasn't able to talk a lot any more, so I grinned most of the time... Man that was wicked, I barely remember anything of these days...

• Three days - working nonstop (with some small bathroom breaks). But all the time concentrated and quite fit. Strage thing is that after finishing my job I didn't want to sleep.

I'm hanging on the ropes of hope
    It's getting hard to cope you know
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Oct 2008, 21:09
    Only 40 hours. And there was some heavy drinking the next day. :D

• Something about 37 hours, but I see that's not very impressive, so I should try breaking that someday...

The girls want money and sex. Music wants just a player...
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.