• Wake up songs :)

Hi guys ;)

I have problems to wake up in the morning and I use a cd alarm like any last.fm member must have :P but i tend to sleep/be half awake through the entire cd! Even if the music is not good sleeping music.

What songs do you use/would recommend me? :)

• No question, Wake Up Boo! by the Boo Radleys, I love that song in the morning!

• i made a mix of songs and put them on random. some of them are soft and song of them are loud. Sometimes i wake up to Dia Luna...Dia Pena the lyrics are fitting: "hoy me levanto sin razon" today i wake up without reason. sometimes i wake up to the big burp at the beginning of Gin and Juice and it's so annoying i have to dash out of bed to turn it off.

senza speme vivemo in disio-dante
  • I'd use Wake Up but it would probably make me sleep again!

• Any death or folk metal will do x)

• Dezperadoz - Rawhide or anything which is fast and has Death/Black Metal voices :D

"Dieses Business ist binär. Entweder man ist eine 1 oder eine 0 - Lebendig oder tot." - aus Startup

• Devil's Haircut by Beck!

Shake y'Rump
    Join this group unless your music sucks!
  • The Go! Team - Doing it Right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_LoSqyNmeo

Sadness is shorthand for deep meaning!
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Dec 2007, 13:51
    something you find particularly exciting always is good

ideally something quick but with a good amount of atmosphere so it dosent sound abrasive in your half woken state

Ne Obliviscaris has worked the best for me in the past

• dundez said...
    • Alumni
    • 10 Dec 2007, 18:26
    wake up by RATM. He yells at you at the end, so you really have no choice

• omg staff post!!

anyway... Elephant Man's Alarm Clock by Buckethead is awesome to wake up to, because Buckethead's a freak.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Dec 2007, 21:19

hi

any arctic monkey songs work really well for me - get on your dancing shoes in particular.

• Tizzak said...
    • User
    • 12 Dec 2007, 21:27
    The Clash - Magnificent Seven ;-)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Dec 2007, 21:29
    I use "Albuquerque" by "Weird Al" Yankovic fairly often.

I also have from time to time woke up to "Wake Up! (It's 1984)" by Oingo Boingo and "Wake Up Call" by Maroon 5. That song especially gives me the energy to wake up and shoot some people.

• I use Bulletproof Cupid by Placebo.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2007, 21:17
    A slice of noise rock with a really good intro always kickstarts my day. At the moment, it's either Against the Grain by Unsane or Small Talk by a little known band called Young Widows. Not going to fall back to sleep listening to that kind of stuff.

• Edvard Grieg`s Peer Gynt, In the Hall of the Mounatin King is really annoying in the morning, therefore it´s a wonderful wake-up-tune. But Killa by The Bug might do the job, too.

• why wake up?
    the last song before you fall asleep is so much more important.

• dotchoo said...
    • User
    • 30 Dec 2007, 19:35
    i hate anything that wakes me up. or related to morning. or to day. im actually a vampire.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Jan 2008, 04:46
    I've woken up to Hysteria by Muse for pretty much the last 3 years, it's been my ringtone for bloody ages haha.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Jan 2008, 15:24
    My phone alarm is Alive with the Glory of Love by Say Anything, so thats what gets me up!

• At the moment my alarm song is Closer by Stacy Clark. But my old track was Well Enough Alone by Chevelle, that really did the trick!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2008, 20:57
    If you really need a shock to get out of bed, try Anaal Nathrakh's Pandemonic Hyperblast on max volume. You will not sleep through that, I guarantee it.

• Travelin' Band by CCR. It makes me want to jump out of bed and do something! Then I remember I have to go to school. Oh well, at least I'm out of bed.

Also...
    Bright Future In Sales by Fountains of Wayne. Almost equally as up-beat.
    Beautiful Day by U2. A little more mellow, but a really nice morning song once you're up.
    Wake Me up Before You Go-Go by Wham!... I'd probably just get really, reallllly annoyed if this came on first thing when I woke up, but it might work for some people.

• I wake up really tired and then pour some tea and get breakfast and I have exactly an hour time left before school so I like to listen to an album every morning... Beef - Last Rudy Standing and Newton Faulkner - Handbuilt by Robots are really great if you want to have a happy day :P

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.