• just metal ?

I was wondering, is everyone here like a total metalhead or do you like some more music styles as well? I have a really comprehensive music taste myself: I like metal the most (of course:P) but also everything else that isn't gangsta or hardcore is ok with me

Are there more people like me or am I the only one in here? Please let me know!

Or else we will be very, very angry with you.
    And we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Jun 2007, 17:20
    I'm music shizofrenic, or at least it sure feels like I am one. That's why I have two profiles here, I wouldn't be acccepted to join this group if I were using the other one, I think that explains a lot, xp

• I listen to metal 98% of the time :P Sometimes I might listen to some rock or pop-rock though. There are enough metal genres to satisfy all my moods.

• Oopsss... got sent twice. Sorry for the double posting

• Of course not. I listen to a bit of country, pop, rock, and dance music, as well as some things I'm not sure how to describe (like Enigma).

• While I would say metal is my main love, I am also a big fan of ethereal bands, some singer songwriters, a little folk, a little country, I don't like to limit myself.

• BeautifuLDeatH said:
    There are enough metal genres to satisfy all my moods.

Yeah, same here. :)

But I also like industrial, pop and alternative rock music sometimes. Variety is good.

• Kaphy said...
    • User
    • 17 Jun 2007, 22:25
    I listen almost only metal but I think world would be dull place with metal and nothing but metal, even if it's wide genre with very different subgenres. Along metal I listen bit hardcore, bit rock (finnish mostly), and with 'bit' I mean some certain bands. Then there are few 'curiosities', singers or bands or songs I happen to like, no matter what genres they represent. Johnny Cash might be one, or Deerhoof (indie-rock?). They propably won't even be on my stats, because I'm rarely on mood for them. And some classical stuff... man, there is some great "metal" too ;)

Still, if someone would ask my favourite bands, my list will include propably only metal. It's the most important genre.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jun 2007, 16:54
    Hmm

I almost enjoy every form of music except the depressive ones (emo, etc) . I like jazz, new age, celtic, classic, opera, sid-metal, spiritual music, industrial, ebm, coldwave, aggrotech, terror (dutch music genre, with a heck lots of bpm), ambient and last but not least, trance.

I also enjoy the 'fake' metal genres like grindcore, metalcore, hardcore and some quality nu-metal bands.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jun 2007, 20:34
    I listen to a fair amount of Jazz and Classical. I also like Bluegrass, Folk, Big Band, some 50s music, 80s pop, Fusion, pretty much anything where the musicians are top quality.

But, metal is my absolute favorite type of music. Most of the sub-genres included.

• i stay away from pop, hip hop, r&b, house, country music, and anything you usually hear on tv or radio just cause i have no connection at all with it.

but besides all subgenres of metal i'm absolutely in love with StonerRock (specially the psych, sludge & fuzz stuff) and i also really enjoy ethereal, post-rock & (dark) ambient.

Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while
  • I listen to metal for about 99% ^^ sometimes I listen to some rock music.

• I listen to metal most of the time, but I will wander into other genres occasionally.

• Emmii said...
    • User
    • 21 Jun 2007, 14:52
    well, as you can notice I listen to industrial, classic rock, classical music, pop-rock, punk, hip-hop, reggae, .. almost everything unusual. So when someone asks me what am I listening to, I just say ''alternative music'' :P

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Jun 2007, 19:47
    Metal is my favorite in all musicstyles, but I listen to Country, Ska, Ska-Punk and Oldies, too.
    The main thing is it is good, and that's what metal is!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Jun 2007, 02:05
    Other than metal its really only ,classical,medevil, neo folk,orchestral music from video games and anime.

You can say my other musical taste are boring if you like i don't care XD. But normally i am just listening to BM and viking/pagan kind of metal half the time :P

• Yeah, about 95% metal for me, the rest is gothy-80's stuff, some industrial and classical. Some random weirdness pops up every now and then.

• I think we all kind of agree that metal is the main music style in our life.....also diversity is important but there are some things I cannot stand like for example in my country there is a "Reggeaton" or something like that fever........... :S

LONG LIVE METAL!!!!!!

• outside of metal:
    I'm really big into EBM and electronic music. Also, usually anything with an industrial sound to it is good for me. Grunge is a passion for me. And I also enjoy some rock groups, kind of selective about which ones I'll listen to.

• I listen to mostly metal, but also rock, hard rock, grunge, punk/hardcore and so on.

Prepare to suck cock in hell. It's really not all that bad once you get past the smell.
  • Not only metal. Also punk, gothic, folk/ethno, pop... anything I like

• I sometimes listen to acoustic, rock and some industrial stuff.

Oh yeah and does anyone listen to Celtic music? Haha, that shit's awesome. :)

"One good thing about DOOM is the albums are long... you get more DOOM for your buck!" ~mudiferous_quadruped
  • What I like most is progressive rock and progressive metal. most bands I listen to do such music.

but I also like melodic/progressive death metal.

And I listen to some hardcore, rock and indie.

Just everything I like =)

• VaFaan said...
    • User
    • 4 Jul 2007, 12:19
    About 95% of what I listen to is metal. The other 5% is mostly Gorillaz, music from the game jet set radio future. some hard rock too

• Ayame89 said...
    • User
    • 5 Jul 2007, 08:57
    No, I also listen to some progressive/alternative rock, hard rock etc...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.