The Introduce Yourself Thread

• ^ hi sara :)

Hi everyone!! My name is Abi, i live in the uk, not an overly big music scene, but there a couple of places for gigs which is good where i live, so can't complain. Im mainly into THRASH! Oldskool, newoldskool, crossover, NWOBHM and death metal, and some black metal.
    When im not headbanging, ive just finished uni, now back to college then uni to become a teacher :) an art teacher that is ;) im also a scout leader!

• Hello folks, I'm Diana, based in Tampa, Florida. I enjoy a variety of music, but my top bands are heavy metal groups. I like mainly progressive and power metal, some doom metal, and--when I need a laugh--80s hair metal. Some of my favorite groups are Conception, Queensryche, Kamelot, Ark, Porcupine Tree, Sonata Arctica, and Ayreon. Most recent concert was Judas Priest, which was fairly kickass.

I'm in graduate school, love to read and write, and wish that my town got more great concerts.

No confession will ever reach my lips.
  • Hi, my name is Lucía, I live in Chile, I don´t speak english very well xD, I like a lot of musical styles but I hate almost all of classical rock artists. I like power, symphonic black and industrial metal, but I often listen others kinds of metal and music in general.
    Ahh, and I´m in highschool.

No tener firma es sexy :D
  • Hello ! My name's Elise, I live in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I like thrash metal especially, but I enjoy doom metal, melodic death metal, (hardcore) punk and the occasional psychobilly too.
    I'm currently a student at the University of Amsterdam, studying Artificial Intelligence(which is great fun by the way). I regularly attend concerts/gigs but I don't mind going to a dance party if the atmosphere is right.
    Oh, and emo/scene kids annoy me.

• Hi,
    I'm Anne, I'm 21 years old and I live in The Netherlands.
    I play guitar, and I love to visit gigs. I like black, death, trash, pagan/folk metal and somethimes a little bit grindcore.
    Fav Black bands: Funeral Mist, Mayhem, Summoning, Carach Angren, Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult.
    Fav death bands: Vomitory, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Nile, Vader.
    Fav thrash bands: Slayer, Legion of the Damned, Overkill, Exodus, Tankard, Warbringer.
    Fav pagan/folk bands: Kampfar, Eluveitie, Kopriklaani.
    And a lot more bands!

Girl of the dark forcess
    • Vasalis said...
    • User
    • 29 Apr 2010, 13:38
    Hello! My name is Denise, 20 years old and I'm from the Netherlands (third Dutch girl in a row). I mainly enjoy listening to black metal, but I also like death, thrash and some doom metal.
    As far as school goes, I'm a first year student at the Reinwardt Academy in Amsterdam where I study Museology.

• ayersh said...
    • User
    • 4 May 2010, 08:50
    Hello. I'm Shreya. I'm 15, er, nearly 16 :D I live in India. Still in high school, of course.
    I like most metal genres, I guess, but favorites are death, doom and thrash. ^_^
    I can't make my mind up about favorite bands.

• Arana_n said...
    • User
    • 15 May 2010, 18:40
    Hey everyone :)

Thanks for accepting me. This group seems really fun, i just stumbled upon it and i had to become a member. I was not active on last fm groups until a few days ago and i'm already getting addicted.

I'm 23, from Romania. I have been listening to metal for quite some time now. During highschool i was really into gothic melodic symphonic stuff. Then i started listening to doom, got to funeral doom, black, death doom and now my preferences are quite brutal, death, technical death, avant-garde, black, blackened death, progressive stuff, well anything that has a special twist. I love music and I love exploring it. Consider myself quite open-minded. And i also love reading, literature is my number one passion. And people say I'm pretty, too, lol :P So, enough about me.

Another dissonant chord for my sanity’s requiem
    Ami egy másik szomoruan hangzó akkord a lelkemnek
    Un autre accord dissonant pour le requiem de ma sanité
  • Greetings!

My name is Mina, and I'm 20 yrs old. I live in Southern California. I live for metal. Music is my life...I attempt to play bass :) and am a huge nerd. Hope to talk some metal with you ladies!!

• Hugin86 said...
    • User
    • 14 Aug 2010, 14:38
    Hello ladies, thanks for accepting my request! I'm Anna, I live in Italy (although I can't wait to get the hell out of here) and I'm 24.
    I can't play an instrument to save my life, but I do enjoy listening to music. My favourite subgenre is viking metal... yeah, I know, it's a bit unusual :p

Nobody died for my sins, no faith tied to my name.
  • Hi all, never introduced myself in here beforehand, so figured I'd best get to it, lol....

I listen to pretty much all genres of music, except for country because I can't fucking stand it. My favorite metal bands at the moment would have to be Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Opeth and Type O Negative.

Feel free to add me too, if you'd like. :)

• Hey :) My name's Sarah, I live in England and I'm a dental nurse, which sucks. First got hooked on metal at 8 years old when I heard Enter Sandman on MTV (so lucky I was growing up in the Metallica glory years :D), never looked back. I love all metal genres, but mainly black/thrash/pagan/viking, although I'm crazy about (old) Nightwish, which is kind of random I guess :)

Get up you lazy sons of whores, there are men outside who want to fuck your corpses
  • Hey everyone! I'm new to last.fm and forums in general!
    I got really into metal in the last few years, but it all started with my brother introducing me to Iron Maiden and Slayer at the tender age of ten. These days I listen to death and black metal the most, and I've been practicing like crazy to try and perfect my growling/gutterals. I'm looking forward to getting into all kinds of bands from you lovely ladies!

KaitlynCarcass

• Edited by lady_galadriel on 18 Dec 2011, 13:25
    • AAjosuu said...
    • User
    • 23 Jun 2011, 15:20
    Hey, I've been a member of this group for a while, but didn't realise that there's an actual introdution thread...

I'm Johanna, live in Finland. I got into metal when I met my husband about 8 years ago. It started with Iron Maiden, Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius. Since then I've started to appreciate several genres of metal and have found many great bands to enjoy. I also listen to a bunch of other stuff than metal.

• Hello ladies!!!! Thanks for including me here!

I'm Joana and I'm from Portugal. Have been loving metal music for a while now. I dont necessarily fit in the "metal chica" lifestyle, but I do wear a lot of black clothes, love to go to concerts, dive into the moshpit once in a while and sing my fave songs out loud.

I just love music, and metal, for some reason, makes me feel alive and "understands" my points of view and how i perceive life better than other music styles. To me it's a state of mind, but at the same time it gives me such joy...

I like a lot of styles, but I believe I prefer melodeath, death, doom and thrash metal a bit more. Nothing too extreme, I believe you should balance things...

But hey, I'm pretty eclectic concerning music. I gues I listen to everything but hip-hop and most latino or dance music genres. I'll listen to everything that's written from the heart and not too shallow, I think.

Nice to meet you all, fellow metal ladies =)

• I am Keltia_Vikinga, from France. Like many of us, I love music. I listen to many things but my main are that eclectic genre called "folk metal" & "trad./celtic/medieval folk" for the non metal side.

Enjoy! : )

• I'm 17...from Romania and i LOVE METAL!
    favorite genres of metal: black, folk, viking, pagan, power...
    some favorites: eluveitie, ensiferum, summoning, turisas, sabaton, alestorm, elffor, amon amarth...

If I ever had to run for my life, I would probably die.
  • I'm Margrét, 17 years old girl from Iceland. Currently studying languages (Y)

My dad is the one who got me into rock and metal. And he's regretted it ever since :D All started with him blasting Iron Maiden and Deep Purple ( Two of the bands that I'm the "biggest fangirl in the world" about) and I was 5 years old at that time. Now though I still listen to Maiden and Deep Purple ( a-fucking-lot) I'm mostly into Black, War and good Death metal. And occasionally I listen to some doom metal.

I'm not a closed minded metalhead who listens only to something that is metal. I give everything, literally, a chance. I as an example do like some rap/hip hop groups (Gravediggaz, Dr. Dre, Tyler the Creator, CadaLAck Ron.. etc). And I love old european folk songs (not folk metal).

Feel free to message or add me, I honestly don't know ANY metalhead girls, and I really want too get to know some. Of my girl-friends I'm the only one who listens to it, that's why I enjoy the company of guys better. I feel more like home when I find people who have the same intrests as me.

• Hi, I`m Sophie, 14 years old of Munich, Germany. It has been my parents who got me into Metal Pun and Gothic. As to metal i like nearly everything, ok, i don't really like nu metal, metalcore and Hair Metal, but i'm not completely against them.

• I'm Caitlin. Turned the magical age of 16 a few months ago. I live in the Youknighted States. I started listening to metal a few years ago with, of all bands, Nightwish. Nowadays, I'm a black metal nut. I'm pretty fussy about what music I buy, so I usually center around three or four bands at a time.

Now for some name-dropping. My favorite bands are: old Ulver, anything with Kvohst on vocals, Satyricon, Mayhem, Swallow the Sun, Torgeist and Exmortem. And I recently discovered Candlemass.

I look forward to conversing with y'all. Seems pretty quiet around here, though...

• Hello girls! I'm a Portuguese university student, and along my path I took lessons in classical music, piano and singing mainly, so that is a great influence in my musical tastes. Anyway, I consider myself quite eclectic in my tastes, so I'm up to try anything, really.
    If you happen to walk by my profile, you might feel a bit puzzled, actually. I can change genres naturally along the day. My favorite metal subgenres are doom, progressive, experimental, folk, viking, atmospheric black, symphonic and gothic. I might also enjoy some death and black metal once in a while but it's not so often.

I hope I get to know more bands through you. Cheers!

• Ha ha, I joined a while ago and didn't start posting until now and I find this thread.

Anywho, my name is Cathryn, living in the United States in the great city of Bahstahn. Favorite genres of metal are progressive and power, favorite metal artists include Amorphis, Symphony X, Shadow Gallery, Sonata Arctica and Kamelot. However, I'm pretty eclectic in my tastes, so I enjoy a lot of other music...prog-rock (no one will ever make me stop listening to Porcupine Tree), classic rock, post-rock, some industrial and electronica, and a bit of classical here and there. The only music that I can truly say I don't care for is rap, hip-hop and country.

I'm also a video gamer, kaiju enthusiast, old-school TMNT fan, birdwatcher and general nerd. :)

• I'm Johanna and I live in upstate New York. I'm a college student majoring in English and French. I also work in the book department of a thrift store. I am a heavy metal maniac - my favorite genres are doom metal, black metal, and classic heavy metal. My favorite band of all time is Judas Priest. I have a passion for writing and for reading existential philosophy like Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, and Sartre. I play a bit of guitar and recently started learning bass. When I get bored, I like to practice my harsh vocals by singing over my favorite songs. Someday, I'd like to join a band but right now I am too focused on school.

Impaled by metal \m/
  • I joined a while ago but I don't recall posting in here so...

I'm Hannah, I'm 28 and I live in the UK. I'm a third year university student and as of a month ago I co-host a university radio show called Mosh on the Radio. I listen to all kinds of music, though metal and progressive rock are my two favourite genres. Favourite bands? Nightingale, Katatonia, Alcest, Sinamore, Opeth, Anathema, Ghost Brigade, Swallow the Sun, Orphaned Land and Flogging Molly.

My summer holidays consists of a girly weekend with my best friend to Germany or France. We either head to Summer Breeze or Hellfest depending on the line ups (though we much prefer Summer Breeze) and enjoy the sunshine, the metal and eyeing up pretty metal men.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.