The Introduce Yourself Thread

• The Introduce Yourself Thread

Welcome ladies to this group - feel free to start threads and discuss anything music related in this forum :)

Edited by The_Prawn on 15 Jan 2008, 16:59
  • Thought I would add - I have made the group so that any member can let a new person into the group, just as long as you check and make sure they are female on their stats page first. I would also hope they listen to at least a few metal bands too as this is the point of the group!

• I'm really pleased at how this group has taken off, it seems that adding the artist connections has certainly paid off. If anyone has any more suggestions for connections, please mention them in the connections thread and I'll add them. The group seems to have attracted people interested in a wide variety of metal genres as well, which is really good - please feel free to start threads on absolutely any band / genre / musician etc that you want to discuss.

• hail the ladies \m/ :D

you, sir, are an asshat
  • Go ladies!! Haha yeah, there's too many hairy, sweaty men in metal! Altho I can't help but find them attractive, in some raw kind of caveman way.

Why can't fantasy be reality?
  • there's too many hairy, sweaty men in metal! Altho I can't help but find them attractive, in some raw kind of caveman way.

Ewwwww.....o_O

• Hey well - they're better than wussy little emo kids who's legs are so thin in their tight little jeans that they'd snap in half whilst tripping up over their converse shoe laces. Just thought I'd add that.

• Hey well - they're better than wussy little emo kids who's legs are so thin in their tight little jeans that they'd snap in half whilst tripping up over their converse shoe laces. Just thought I'd add that.

• Re:

Quoth rinoalesca:
    Hey well - they're better than wussy little emo kids who's legs are so thin in their tight little jeans that they'd snap in half whilst tripping up over their converse shoe laces. Just thought I'd add that.

Haha, I don't think that was necessary to post four times, but its very true. ^.^

There's no problem a few frag grenades can't fix.

Cookies for Godlessness
    My Twin in life, love, mind, and music: ISoS
    The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit. -Nietzsche
  • Re:

Quoth rinoalesca:
    Go ladies!! Haha yeah, there's too many hairy, sweaty men in metal! Altho I can't help but find them attractive, in some raw kind of caveman way.

Yeah, couldn't agree with you more!

Prepare to suck cock in hell. It's really not all that bad once you get past the smell.
  • Quoth rinoalesca:
    Go ladies!! Haha yeah, there's too many hairy, sweaty men in metal! Altho I can't help but find them attractive, in some raw kind of caveman way.

Yeah, I'm with you on that one! Just goes to show how in touch with our primal side us metal maidens are :D

• Re:

Quoth scarlet66:
    Quoth rinoalesca:

Yeah, I'm with you on that one! Just goes to show how in touch with our primal side us metal maidens are :D

YOu can say that again. XD

• rinoalesca said:

*____*

Well..I think I'm in the right place, then!!!

Hi everybody!!!!

* ĵųŠŧ ŁĩĶэ ЭvệяỵťħĭЙġ, эvэй Ģǿǿđ Ŀύčķ ħάş Ťό Đıэ *

• Anne13 said...
    • User
    • 12 Aug 2006, 09:08
    rinoalesca said:

I agree :P.

• Hey girls! Glad to see a bunch of women metalin`. Hail!

Dare to question why?
    • Nenar said...
    • User
    • 23 Aug 2006, 14:42
    Hello :)

• how do you guys go about weeding out new bands? none of my friends are into metal, so i hardly ever get any decent recs.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Aug 2006, 14:02
    Hello^_^

deliquescence said:
    how do you guys go about weeding out new bands? none of my friends are into metal, so i hardly ever get any decent recs.

I just hang around on forums where a lot of members like metal. If a lot of them seem to like a certain band, I'll download some music or ask what songs/albums they'd recommend. And of course, sites like this one and pandora.com are helpful.
    I know how it's like though. None of my friends (excluding the people who I only know online) are into metal either.

• There's always metal-archives.com it has helped me out greatly, I hope it can do the same for you.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Sep 2006, 14:31
    deliquescence said:
    how do you guys go about weeding out new bands? none of my friends are into metal, so i hardly ever get any decent recs.

bnrmetal is another great resource. and hi there ppl =)

• Dekkja said...
    • User
    • 5 Sep 2006, 17:42
    What I do to find new music:

- I look at the charts of people that last.fm says are "neighbours" of mine

- I read the Metal Hammer (german magazine) which comes with a CD filled with tracks and every now and then I find something there that I like or find an article about a band that interests me and from whom I then try to find tracks to figure out if I really like that band

- I'm trying to figure out which genres I like to listen to and randomly "test" bands that fall into those genres

- Sometimes there are warm-up groups on concerts that I go to that I didn't know anything about

- Festivals of course, though I missed the last two festival seasons completely...

Other than that I only have my fiancé who's been into metal and hard rock since he was around 10 (to the absolute dismay of his mother ;) ) and he gets me to listen to things that were "before my time" - meaning before I actively listened to metal and such. Other than him I don't know anyone that listens to a lot of metal either.

There are 10 types of people. Those that read binary and those that don't.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Sep 2006, 14:26
    WE RULE :D

• We certainly do.. in my area, it's very rare to meet a female who truly likes the metal genres.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.