How long have you been listening to Fates Warning?

• How long have you been listening to Fates Warning?

First started listening in 1986 after Awaken The Guardian came out. Once Ray joined the band and No Exit came out I was hooked. The addition of Mark Zonder only solidified them as one of my favorite bands. I first saw them on the Perfect Symmetry tour and had the opportunity to meet all five members after the show...

• Jeff said...
    • User
    • 26 Aug 2006, 19:38
    I have been listening since a little before Disconnected came out, so around 1999 to 2000.

• 6:00 said...
    • User
    • 26 Aug 2006, 21:49
    I bought NO EXIT about five years ago now, and liked it a lot but didn't get much further with FW as the shops never carried their stuff. Then, when Metal Blade reissued AWAKEN THE GUARDIAN the store had it and from there I ended up ordering their whole catalogue. One of my all-time favourites.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Sep 2006, 13:42
    danozmano said:
    First started listening in 1986 after Awaken The Guardian came out. Once Ray joined the band and No Exit came out I was hooked. The addition of Mark Zonder only solidified them as one of my favorite bands. I first saw them on the Perfect Symmetry tour and had the opportunity to meet all five members after the show...

Ditto on everything danozmano said! With the exception of meeting the band after the show, you bastard. >;)

• I must be one of the newest here since I only started listening to them in March. I saw the Athens DVD and I was hooked. I now have everything since Awaken The Guardian. Amazing band.

• 6:00 said...
    • User
    • 7 Sep 2006, 21:50
    THE SPECTRE WITHIN. You need it now.

• Amppa90 said...
    • User
    • 9 Oct 2006, 13:31
    I started listening few months ago.

• i'll be honest.... only for about three-four months.

i have all but three of their albums now.... working on getting them all.

• I started almost a year ago.

• danozmano said:

LOL, I was born that year.

I've been listening to FW for about three years, since I have internet connections at home. Wonderful band.

• Somewhere late in 1993, after hearing Parallels. Then I feverishly worked my way into the back catalog not long after. :-)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Aug 2007, 13:30
    zenbadger said:
    danozmano said:

Ditto on everything danozmano said! With the exception of meeting the band after the show, you bastard. >;)

Same here.
    And I have also seen them live first on the Perfect Symmetry tour - and met the band also... What a day to remember...

• First starded in 1993 when I bought "Parallels" by accident but after a few listens I was shocked!!!They were the band that put me in the magic world of Progessive music and remains one of my favourite ever..I have seen them twice (first in the Pleasant Shade tour and second in the Alive in Athens DvD).The third is in 10 days from now in Athens again with different Drummer again but the feeling remains the same!!!

• I saw and heard Fates Warning the first time on Tour with Sanctuary in Germany. After a lots of beer i've heard this phantastic music. Since this time i simply love it.

• Hmmm, I've read a review of "FWX" in the beginnings of 2005, and short after I bought this record. It's still my fav by them :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Dec 2007, 18:01
    LadyOfTheSnow said:
    zenbadger said:
    danozmano said:

Same here.
    And I have also seen them live first on the Perfect Symmetry tour - and met the band also... What a day to remember...

To add to this, FW have been working their way up AGAIN to #1 as favorite band since August.
    Since I've seen them for the first time, Still Remains has been my favorite track by them, and it was so great to hear that song live... twice ;) I have seen FW live Nov.11 and Nov.12 again over here in Germany! And I have met Ray Alder - again.
    So freaking brilliant, still.

• Since the late 80's. My first Fates CD was 'No Exit'. I was instantly hooked.

• Late 2004, along with Dream Theater and Symphony X. I think it was Perfect Symmetry and Parallels that got me hooked!

• the first time i listened to FATES WARNING
    was in 1991 :-D
    when i was just 18 years old...

• [spam]

[spam]

"Stereotypes exist because they're true." ~Chris Rock
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 13 Feb 2012, 13:54
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Nov 2010, 01:39
    I've been listening to Fates Warning for about a year now.

• Early 2001, so it's more than 10 years.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.