AutarkiA - new songs online!

• ccblood said...
    • User
    • 22 Jan 2009, 10:43

AutarkiA - new songs online!

Hi guys'n'dolls,

we have some new material online, so check out this new stuff and keep your head moving!!!

AutarkiA
    http://www.myspace.com/loserdiesfirst

Comments are welcome!!!

• Don't know if the songs you put on last.fm are the new, but I checked em.

First, it lacks bass. It seems kinda "empty" without a strong bassline.
    Then, the vocals are strange, not bad, but a bit disturbing at first glance.

The ensemble is pretty good though, keep it up.

"...At some disputed barricade,
    When Spring comes back with rustling shade
    And apple-blossoms fill the air
    I have a rendezvous with Death
    When Spring brings back blue days and fair." - Alan Seeger
  • /agreed

• ccblood said...
    • User
    • 2 Feb 2009, 14:11
    hmmm really a lack of bass? i thought the mix is to bassy....lol, you are the first one who says there is a lack of bass :D

• Well, this might be caused by the fact that we are listening to music with a bass boost (all the time). And... We fucking love bass. nuff said. :D

• ccblood said...
    • User
    • 3 Feb 2009, 09:14
    hehe ok, but extreme metal with bass boost??? hmmm k :D sounds odd to me but yeah, allright :D

• Why not? Without bass, the music sounds very weak to my ears.

With "too much" (well, I have my own limits too), it's rich, and you can truely feel it with your body. :p

• ccblood said...
    • User
    • 3 Feb 2009, 12:09
    yep there you are right but for my taste, there is enough bass in the mix...with more bass, the mix gets really muddy :) but maybe i will do a "nostradanus-mix" especially for you *lol

• Basically, that's the entire fault of AbdulelRazad...

Now, seriously, I always feel a lack of bass on the "myspace rips", the original one should be better.

• ccblood said...
    • User
    • 4 Feb 2009, 07:09
    hmm maybe u should listen to the songs on soundclick

http://www.soundclick.com/autarkia

i think the quality there is much better

so long Jason

• That's way better, yes. You were right there is enough bass.

The problem seems to come from the mastering, if I really have to criticize.
    Else, I enjoyed.

• ccblood said...
    • User
    • 16 Feb 2009, 08:38
    yeah i just used a singleband compressor for mastering although everybody advices to use a multiband one... so the lower frequencies are driving my compressor and everything is falling behind them but yeah, for now, i think it is ok....i will do a new master when we are recording some other songs of our portfolio

but all in all: so much thx for your feedback!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.