explosions in the sky shows

• explosions in the sky shows

i just bought my tickets for the dec 16 show at the troubadour in la. really psyched. hopefully i can go to the 17th one as well. anyone else seeing eits in the following months? yeah, i just wanted to share my excitement.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2005, 18:16
    I saw them on Thursday supporting Four Tet in London, and they were quite simply amazing. I've never seen 3 people destroying their guitars like that, seriously breath-taking, I can't put in to words how great they were. Poor Kieran having to come on after them. Greet Death, Memorial and First Breath were all incredible. They were easily one of the best bands I've seen, you'll have a great time!

• kenyans said...
    • User
    • 15 Nov 2005, 00:07
    I seen them on the 5th In Glasgow at the ABC.

I have never seen a gig like that in my entire life.

the energy, the sounds, the love of the music and the music itself.

I dont have anything else to say cause that just says it all.

• EitS in Amsterdam

I saw them four days ago in Paradiso, Amsterdam. An incredible sound! Those Who Tell The Truth... is my favourite album, but the three tracks they played from the new album, especially The Only Moment We Were Alone sounded surprisingly heavenly. The other four tracks came from my favourite album, and i have to agree with the summarizing words that leader Toasty posts at the profile of this group: "Beautiful music that fucking destroys." The last number they played was The Moon Is Down, the outro of this song was the most stunning part of the concert. No encore...

• Re: explosions in the sky shows

Quoth ebolarama:
    i just bought my tickets for the dec 16 show at the troubadour in la. really psyched. hopefully i can go to the 17th one as well. anyone else seeing eits in the following months? yeah, i just wanted to share my excitement.

I'll be @ both shows & I cannot fucking wait.

• EITS in Glasgow

I also saw them in Glasgow (and Edinburgh). The Glasgow gig was just unbelievable. It was an intimate venue and all the songs just came together really nicely. For me "The Moon is Down" was the highlight. It worked so well, especially the ending with the e-bow. Wow!

In Edinburgh I felt I was gonna cry when they played "Your Hand in Mine". Four Tet after just seemed like a bit of a joke, especially in Edinburgh he seemed to be just messing around. Not my kind of thing. I'd love to see Explosions play their own gig.

Kenyans are you going to see Mono? THey are at the same venue in Glasgow on 1st Dec. I have tickets and they're supposed to be absolutley amazing live (when I got my vinyl signed after the basist recommended it). They're from Japan and like Explosions except louder at times.

• Tickets to the 17th troubador show in LA. I am so freakin excited it is not even funny.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Nov 2005, 03:12
    yep imma be going to the show on the 17th at the Troubadour, fucking excited for that :)

• They aren't really coming close to me, but I'm considering an excursion to NYC to see 'em on Dec 14th.

Edit: Well, talking about it made me want to do it. Tickets ordered!

• In Scotland

Seen them twice now.

Blew me away on both occasions.

Guessing they are playing some American/Canada dates in the immediate future. Lucky sods :P

In fact just read someones post above mine.. and aye, Fourtet just didn't cut it in comparison to EITS.

Though I preffered Your Hand in Mine at the G2. Felt it was more in your face.

All hail discordia!
  • Explosions in Istanbul

I saw EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY live in istanbul on 14.07.2004 (2004 was so lucky for istanbul for hosting Tortoise, Bonnie Prince Billy, Fly PAN Am..)

It was one of the amazing gigs i've ever seen. They started with "first breath after coma" and ended on with "your hand in mine". That painful guitar sound had never been so silent and so loud at the same time with that minimalist haunting melodies.
    In fact they are not crowded as GODSPEED YOU BLACK EMPEROR or they don't use so much fx-pedals like MOGWAI. But they surely can damage anyone who has a heart by using only 2 guitars, a bass and a drum.
    You don't have to be a post_rock fan or maybe even know what the hell that kind of music is to enjoy their music. Those guys remind me the old days when i was used to listen to "JUNE OF 44" before Jeff broke up and went on with the SHIPPING NEWS.

Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever

• DtoE said...
    • User
    • 1 Aug 2006, 15:37
    I've seen them three times now at most of the Scottish dates covered. Though they played Greet Death at the ABC gig in Glasgow so that was extra special. Though I reckon there was a better atmosphere the night before in Edinburgh, they just went down amazingly well. The G2 gig in 2003 was amazing as well, especially as they were headlining that time so played more than just 4 songs.
    I think Four Tet has a bit of a habbit when it comes to playing with bands who upstage him, cause I've seen him with Battles supporting, and they totally kicked his ass.
    They need to come play some more headlines shows soon! Pretty please!

• i have no idea if they're coming near me for their spring tour, but i live in wisconsin and would most likely have to go to chicago to see them.. but my friend's dad is a really big fan, so he said he'd be willing to drive 3-4 hours to see them.. as would i, if i could drive..

my friend saw Mono in Minneapolis in June, and she said they were the loudest band she'd ever seen. Russian Circles opened, and she thought they were loud, and then Mono came on and her clothes were vibrating on her skin and her body ached really badly afterward.

so anyway.. as soon as their tour schedule is posted somewhere i am a-buying tickets for the nearest venue!

• ebbott said...
    • User
    • 23 Aug 2006, 21:10
    I just ended up here looking for a European tour list, see if my home town was on it. Nothing, so far...

• I'd like them to have an italian date.

• anyone seeing them in San Fransico on Nov. 11, I'll be there so excited to see them for a second time.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Nov 2006, 05:35
    I was one of the people in San Fran on Nov. 11
    It was probably one of the greatest live performances I have ever seen, to have a band capture that much attention, no matter what kind of music.
    I saw a lot of shiny cheeks after their set.

• tickets

I ordered pre-sale tickets a few weeks ago for the Feb. 19th show at Warsaw in Brooklyn. The receipt said that the tickets may not be mailed until just before the show, but my credit card's been charged already. Anyone else buy tix on their site and receive them much sooner than they said? I hate to wait to be sure of my tickets until right before a show, especially since NYC is a nine-hour drive for me.

I mean, ticketmaster says the same thing, but they usually send them out fairly soon.

• When they will come to Greeceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

• Greece oeo?

When they will come to Greeceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

• When do they come to China? Is it only a dream?

• gumikoi said...
    • User
    • 4 Oct 2007, 20:49
    I really hope they come to Brazil. Ever since they mentioned a South America tour I've been psyched :)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.