Artist of the Week: The Saddest Landscape (02/27/12)-(03/03/12)

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 27 Feb 2012, 04:11

Artist of the Week: The Saddest Landscape (02/27/12)-(03/03/12)

The Saddest Landscape are a Screamo/Emocore band from Boston, MA. They broke up and released All is Apologized for. All is Forgiven. It was there discography from the era before 2008. They came back with a vengence and have put out several EPs and LPs including the new album After the Lights. They are from Boston, MA. I do not know when they formed originally or when they broke up. Someone else can help me out there.

Releases:
    - so much for letting go: CD
    - cover your heart: demo CD
    - split w/ the pine : 7″/CD
    - split w/ funeral diner: 7″
    - cover your heart: 7″
    - the sound of the spectacle: LP/CD
    - lift your burdens high for this is where we cross: LP/CD
    - a promise was made: 10″
    - all is apologized for. all is forgiven:.double LP/CD+bonus 7″ (Discography)
    - split 7″ w/ trophy scars
    - split tour 7″ w/ if footmen tire you what will horses do.
    - split 9″ w/ pianos become the teeth
    - you will not survive: LP/CD
    - After the Lights: LP/CD

I want to taste dirty, stinging pistol
    In my mouth, on my tongue
    I want you to scrape me from the walls
    And go crazy like you've made me
  • As much as I like this band, I still maintain that the Funeral Diner split is one of the worst splits I've ever heard. If it means anything, I like Funeral Diner more as a band, but like their side less.

Anyone else like the new album? I think it's pretty good. It seems like they continue to play with the same passion, but have ten years of music writing experience that they use to craft more interesting songs musically than they ever have before. Although, the vocals aren't quite as heart-breakingly emo as they used to be.

You forgot the split 7" with We Were Skeletons. I think it comes after the split with IFFTYWWHD and before the PBTT one.

• heck, who doesn't like TSL?

• true. their new album is pretty awesome!

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 7 Mar 2012, 18:55
    TrueMithrandir said:
    heck, who doesn't like TSL?

The Saddest Landscape

CHECK 'EM OUT YO!

I want to taste dirty, stinging pistol
    In my mouth, on my tongue
    I want you to scrape me from the walls
    And go crazy like you've made me
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.