Favorite ELP Tracks

• Favorite ELP Tracks

• 1.Tarkus
    2.Knife-Edge
    3.Karn Evil 9

• mhje said...
    • User
    • 20 Jan 2008, 18:00
    Can't really name an order for favorite songs with almost any band - I like some albums more than others, but I don't really listen to single songs alone.. :)

• TBH, I also pretty much only listen to albums, but those particular tracks still stand out to me.

And if I had to break down Karn Evil 9, 2nd Impression would get the nod. Keith Emerson is just so awesome on that track.

• Toony said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2008, 18:31
    I like your track, but I also enjoy Abaddon's Bolero, Toccata, Karn Evil 9 and Knife Edge

tho almost all of ELPs stuff is awesome

The point of the journey is not to arrive~Rush - Prime Mover
    • Nachiro said...
    • User
    • 26 Feb 2008, 18:58

Very difficult but...

They're burning the Book, they're burning the Faith,
    Our Dream will be over,
    Let's wake from the sleep, a legion we'll be,
    To live forever!!!
    • plodder said...
    • User
    • 14 Apr 2008, 18:37
    I really like For You from Love Beach. I think it's a real gem. OK not an ELP song, more like a solo Greg track, but it's still a cracker.

There's no way I could put them in any order. It would be easier to say every track except Street War and Taste of My Love :)

• I'd rather hear any of Greg's solo stuff from Works Vol. 1, personally.

• C'est La Vie is great!

• That was actually on Vol. 2, but Hallowed Be Thy Name, for example, is also great.

I actually like most of the solo stuff from all three members on Vol. 1. It was a widely panned album, but I like it quite a lot, personally. It's just kind of odd to have a double album, with a side for each member, and a final side for the band as a whole. It was a pretty good sign that the band was heading for a breakup.

• C'est La Vie is on my copy of Vol. 1. I don't actually like Pirates or Fanfare all that much; I'd much rather listen to the Piano Concerto or Enemy God or Food For Your Soul.

• Oops... I confused it with Father Christmas, for some reason.

I love Pirates and Fanfare...

• I like the single edit of Fanfare...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Apr 2008, 18:29
    Tarkus
    Karn Evil 9
    Trilogy

• felipe000 said:
    Tarkus
    Karn Evil 9
    Trilogy

Awesome list!

• Yeah i'm with Felipe000 on trilogy, great track, i've always loved the change from the sweet piano music into the brutal keyboards

1)Tarkus
    2)Trilogy
    3)Karn Evil 9

out of Karn Evil 9, i'd have to go with 2nd impression, but the guitar solo/tune on 1st part 2 is awesome

shh
  • Nice choices, and Grim Fandango is awesome. :)

• DarthAwesome said:
    1)Tarkus
    2)Trilogy
    3)Karn Evil 9

out of Karn Evil 9, i'd have to go with 2nd impression [...]

Glad I'm not the only one who loves 2nd Impression so much. 1st Impression, Part 2 gets all the radio airplay, and 3rd Impression is great, but 2nd Impression is some of Emerson's best work, IMO. Lake's bass is also excellent. I think I might like the version from the Welcome Back... album even better!

• 2nd Impression is my favourite bit of Karn Evil 9.

• BlackSabbath86 said:
    2nd Impression is my favourite bit of Karn Evil 9.

Maybe it's not as underrated as I thought, at least among the ELP faithful.

• Micklaw said...
    • User
    • 5 May 2008, 10:48

Fav ELP Tracks

1.Pirates
    2.Karn Evil 9
    3.Hoedown

I wanted more than three but it would take up too much space , tho i guess Tank deserves a special mention for the drum solo alone !!

I'll stop doing it when you stop laughing
  • Is there enough space here? :)

Tarkus
    Trilogy
    The Endless Enigma
    Karn Evil 9
    Toccata
    Take A Pebble

• Awesome list! If I listed that many, I don't think my list would differ that much from your own. (Maybe in order, but you made no suggestion yours were in any particular order.)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.