Spotlight on Last.fm Elitists We Don't Like #2

• crushtor said...
    • Subscriber
    • 9 May 2007, 01:55

Spotlight on Last.fm Elitists We Don't Like #2

I think our thirst for elitist bashing has gone too long unquenched! So I propose a new round of LEETIE awards to be handed out in the next few weeks. (The winner even gets a prize!)

Nomination is simple: Post here describing what you think is an unnecessarily or purposely elitist group that you think is retarded. After the "primaries" we put it to vote!

I found Non-Elitist Goth and Electro Fans which to me sounds like a contradiction in terms. I went to a goth club wearing a black shirt for christ sakes, and I was singled out for being weird! Which is fair enough, but they are all elitist! There are no populist gothic/electro fans!

Rock n' roll music is the best kind of music. | Crushtor.net
    • crushtor said...
    • Subscriber
    • 9 May 2007, 07:44
    Haha, I think that's almost an automatic winner!

• But why don't we like that group?

• crushtor said...
    • Subscriber
    • 10 May 2007, 01:13
    Because we're elitists against elitism we don't like. We don't like their brand of elitism.

• Just our own brand of elitism. Any other candidates?

• DrGreco said...
    • User
    • 11 May 2007, 22:03
    I would like to nominate Extensive Musical Taste
    I do not know why, but I keep to be appalled of this group.
    I mean it's good to have a broad taste of music but I can't help it,
    I HATE THIS GROUP!

Also I would like to nominate Amarok Users.
    Yes I know I am also in this group. But let me explain.
    Those people may look like the most open minded and tolerant Populist you know, promoting open source software and freedom of information, but they are Linux users. Yes that's what makes them elitist.
    I can tell from experience.
    Once you use Linux there is this little elitist Bastard, going around in your head and making noise like he is the baddest motherfucker in town.
    Even if you don't want to admit it, using Linux makes you feel better... it makes you feel like being better than everyone else!
    Why I do promote this group and not one of the generic Linux ones is because they try to hide their elitism behind a music program.
    If may be the best piece of software for your music, that I have ever seen in my life, still, this is no excuse.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 May 2007, 11:41
    Can I nominate those commies over at Elitists Against Elitism We Don't Like? I just can't stand the fact that they aren't doing more to support the RIAA's noble cause!

• In other words, Extensive Musical Taste is elitist in that you have to have an "extensive" music taste in order to join? It's similar to the premise of any other elitist group we've tackled in the past, just way way way way more successful. What about all those people that only listen to one thing non-stop?

Where is the justice? Damn you open-minded extensive taste people! (shit I'm in that group to aren't I?)

LOL speaking of Linux, I was going to build a computer in a few months time and try a Linux operating system for the first time. I am really curious about it, so I'd just love to know more...

...and yeah, elitist pricks and such...

• Hey...lay off! ;__; *cries in the corner and admits he pirated the new Dream Theater album...with the full intention of buying the special edition later*

• Thats what all the commies say

• crushtor said...
    • Subscriber
    • 13 May 2007, 05:40
    Greyhawk said:
    In other words, Extensive Musical Taste is elitist in that you have to have an "extensive" music taste in order to join? It's similar to the premise of any other elitist group we've tackled in the past, just way way way way more successful. What about all those people that only listen to one thing non-stop?

Where is the justice? Damn you open-minded extensive taste people! (shit I'm in that group to aren't I?)

LOL speaking of Linux, I was going to build a computer in a few months time and try a Linux operating system for the first time. I am really curious about it, so I'd just love to know more...

...and yeah, elitist pricks and such...

Yeah, screw them! And if there are any MAC users on Last.fm, they will PAY with some LEETY VON POMPOUSFACE DESTRUCTOWANK ACTION!

• crushtor said:
    Yeah, screw them! And if there are any MAC users on Last.fm, they will PAY with some LEETY VON POMPOUSFACE DESTRUCTOWANK ACTION!

Of course there are, for example here, here or here. Interestingly, they don't congratulate themselves for their superior taste and so on...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 May 2007, 20:40
    Greyhawk said:
    Hey...lay off! ;__; *cries in the corner and admits he pirated the new Dream Theater album...with the full intention of buying the special edition later*

It's okay, I forgive you. For now...

• as a new member of this group, and a proud nominee for a leetie (thank you, thank you very much) i am hoping that my presence here will lead to an overwhelming internal contradiction causing cataclysmic meltdown on such a scale that it tears the very fabric of the universe creating a black hole that will destroy the world as we know it.
    oh yeah, and in the meantime, stop filesharing you blasted commies...

• tdrewski said:
    as a new member of this group, and a proud nominee for a leetie (thank you, thank you very much) i am hoping that my presence here will lead to an overwhelming internal contradiction causing cataclysmic meltdown on such a scale that it tears the very fabric of the universe creating a black hole that will destroy the world as we know it.
    oh yeah, and in the meantime, stop filesharing you blasted commies...

You're fitting in already!

• Interesting... will the existence of self referential elitists or communist music be the prime reason that the universe ceases to exist.

After all, this communist rubbish is clearly opposed the what Jesus said when he wrote the Constitution, so God will put a stop to it permanently soon enough. But will our philosophising get there first?

(EDIT) I have just noticed that one of the good people at Openminded Metalheads has thought maybe they should impose entry criteria. This after the long run of the thread 'Metal Bands You Hate'. If this goes ahead hopefully they can get an honourable mention for the gross hypocracy of being openminded enough to judge the taste of everyone who wants to join.

Stay tuned folks...

• stalfithrildi said:
    Interesting... will the existence of self referential elitists or communist music be the prime reason that the universe ceases to exist.

After all, this communist rubbish is clearly opposed the what Jesus said when he wrote the Constitution, so God will put a stop to it permanently soon enough. But will our philosophising get there first?

(EDIT) I have just noticed that one of the good people at Openminded Metalheads has thought maybe they should impose entry criteria. This after the long run of the thread 'Metal Bands You Hate'. If this goes ahead hopefully they can get an honourable mention for the gross hypocracy of being openminded enough to judge the taste of everyone who wants to join.

Stay tuned folks...

LOL!

Oh wait I'm a member there too!

Well, I will definitely need to stay tuned to that one.

• crushtor said...
    • Subscriber
    • 15 May 2007, 07:47
    Greyhawk said:
    stalfithrildi said:

Stay tuned folks...

LOL!

Oh wait I'm a member there too!

Well, I will definitely need to stay tuned to that one.

That deserves a Tom Cruise Couch-Destroyer award for being batshit retarded. Openminded metalheads - just as open minded as your average elitist arsehole.

• I was hoping they'd take a long time to figure that one out, then you told them about the irony Greyhawk! I felt really superior knowing about the irony!
    Mind, you don't want the entirety of Openminded Metalheads hating you, cos they're a massive group and could flame till they bleed.

• DrGreco said:
    I would like to nominate Extensive Musical Taste
    I do not know why, but I keep to be appalled of this group.
    I mean it's good to have a broad taste of music but I can't help it,
    I HATE THIS GROUP!

EMT is elitist because even thought they all claim to have an "extensive" taste in music, NONE OF THEM FUCKING DO. Actually, maybe they should win "most hypocritical."

Life is just a shadow of death.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 May 2007, 07:52
    stalfithrildi said:
    I was hoping they'd take a long time to figure that one out, then you told them about the irony Greyhawk! I felt really superior knowing about the irony!
    Mind, you don't want the entirety of Openminded Metalheads hating you, cos they're a massive group and could flame till they bleed.

inter-group warfare over nothing is always funny, who wouldn't want all of them hating you?

• someone who likes his shoutbox to be full of nice things. Or political rants, either of the two

• crushtor said...
    • Subscriber
    • 18 May 2007, 06:37
    I nominate "Occult Elite" mostly for their contradictory description:

This group is not about one music style. You have to be open minded. We are not here to defend "true" metal, or any other "restrictive" style of music. Every quality band deserves our attention, but the goal here is to focus on sad, depressive and "tripping" music. No politics here !

So I guess you aren't then? Kay.

• crushtor said:
    I nominate "Occult Elite" mostly for their contradictory description:

This group is not about one music style. You have to be open minded. We are not here to defend "true" metal, or any other "restrictive" style of music. Every quality band deserves our attention, but the goal here is to focus on sad, depressive and "tripping" music. No politics here !

So I guess you aren't then? Kay.

lolz

Life is just a shadow of death.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.